PDA

View Full Version : Steam is having trouble.......

Richie
07-19-2011, 09:26 AM
"Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers"....So I can't even install the game. What's wrong?

Troll2k
07-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Their servers probably folded under the load.

I think there is a setting in Steam to change your default server location.Maybe changing locations might help.

tk471138
07-21-2011, 12:11 AM
dear 1 c thank you for screwing me over....after getting game disk...i am stuck at the point where it makes me log in to steam...made a new acct...now it says its having trouble connecting to the servers...when it seemed to do so just fine a min ago....thank you for making your game complicated and with unnecessary bloat ware....thanks alot....steam is crap

tk471138
07-21-2011, 12:12 AM
hell i can even retrieve my old steam acct that i used for counterstrike...but i cant log on to i can play a game that i PAID FOR....thanks for STEALING MY MONEY...thanks for making the users jump through hoops to get something they paid for to simply start...i just want to play your game (which i hear is crap)...i dont car about steam i dont care about ubisoft i dont care about any of that garbage....its like you cant by any pc game with out headaches and hassles...
F U

so i buy the boxed version...hoping to avoid all this nonsense....but nope the retards here made it so you have to no matter what...i should have just downloaded this off a torrent site at least their you get NOTHING for free....

whats funny is after i had just PAID THEM, they dont give a crap they got their money....

tk471138
07-21-2011, 12:14 AM
This is crap its still not fixed...thanks guys i had not intended that i would be wasting my night on account of your crappy policy...fix you crap im a paying customer...im sick of this garbage....B S

tk471138
07-21-2011, 12:16 AM
hmm i wonder what would happen if i made a product or sold a service, had people pay me and did nothing....hmmm i would probably be arrested or at the least sued....good thing i didnt agree to the TOS YET ...maybe i can still sue these fools

tk471138
07-21-2011, 12:18 AM
how do you put a lean on a property in russia??/

tk471138
07-21-2011, 12:22 AM
wow so steam can tell me what user acct names are aviable but they can not log me on nor can they creat a new acct for me...THANKS ALOT A HOLe, thanks for tieing the users hands...i want a refund from this crap...i will buy it when its 20$...looks like now i am going to have to fight those best buy people so they will take this back....go screw your selves you people suck at life and need to die....keep screwing your users over that seems to be the only thing you are good at....and to think i was once willing to give you guys the benifit of the doubt...that was before when i figured i could at least get the game installed, but i cant even do that...thanks alot you pieces of garbage...GO KILL YOUR SELVES AND YOUR LOVED ONES...

tk471138
07-21-2011, 12:23 AM
STEAM has been making my new acct for the last 10 min...you think something has gone wrong LOL...YOU THINK??

MadBlaster
07-21-2011, 12:24 AM
how do you put a lean on a property in russia??/

become a communist. wait, you just joined the steam collective...good luck my friend.

tk471138
07-21-2011, 12:25 AM
1 C IF I WAS YOU I WOULD take this up with the idiots at steam....THEY ARE MAKING YOU LOOK BAD

corchard
07-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Last night I posted this to Steam support, and am still awaiting an answer:

Yesterday and today I tried to create my first ever Steam account, but each time I correctly enter the characters displayed in the capcha image, I receive "Please verify your humanity by re-entering the characters below."

I then repeat the process, taking care to type in the characters exactly as they appear, sometimes refreshing them if I am uncertain what the characters are - but each time I just receive that same notice. After a few attempts, I am then told "Your account creation request failed, please try again later."

I have tried to create an account using 4 different computers, 2 Macs and 2 running Windows 7, in Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari, but the above keeps happening.

I can assure you I am most definitely human, and feeling quite human frustration - so how can I create my Steam account?

corchard
07-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Do you have a friend that can create it for you? One of our squaddies had to do the same, not sure why it wouldn't recognize that silly verification thing.

Thanks for that tip, though I figured doing that myself from different computers, including my work computer, would essentially do that for me, but no joy.

However, this morning I finally noticed the green "Install Steam" link on the create account page, so I figured perhaps that installer would allow me a different method of creating a Steam account.

It did, and even though the Steam installer told me the available account name I had been trying to register all this time is no longer available(!), I was finally able to create a new Steam account, give them money and buy CloD.

Let's hope that was the last time I ever have to think about Steam. ;)

Charlo

corchard
07-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Many thanks, Cheesehawk - got it, and done!

Charlo

Pieter Oberholzer
08-25-2011, 05:55 AM
I have bought and played all the games in the IL2 Sturmovik series of Combat Flight Simulators. The latest (Cliffs of Dover) were not available in South Africa, so I bought it whilst on holiday in Germany. It was very expensive at 49,99 Euros, and you had to register in a new disastrous new platform called 'Steam' to load it. This platform requires a lot of internet traffic which makes it difficult with my slow rural connection in SA. I first tried to test the game in Germany, but my hosts PC were too slow. On returning to SA on Tuesday I tried to install it, but the Steam platform would not let me. It said I was still logged in in Germany. I wrote to Steam Support, but received no reply or solution other than an automated response. My German host tried to delete the Steam software and game from his PC, but it resisted his efforts. All I want is to load and play my game that I bought. They must stop blocking my account and enable me. I think in an effort to combat piracy, that they have started to handicap their loyal clients in such a way as to commit piracy of a sort on them. As a loyal client I expect service! Please help if you can.

von Pilsner
08-29-2011, 10:40 PM
I have bought and played all the games in the IL2 Sturmovik series of Combat Flight Simulators. The latest (Cliffs of Dover) were not available in South Africa, so I bought it whilst on holiday in Germany. It was very expensive at 49,99 Euros, and you had to register in a new disastrous new platform called 'Steam' to load it. This platform requires a lot of internet traffic which makes it difficult with my slow rural connection in SA. I first tried to test the game in Germany, but my hosts PC were too slow. On returning to SA on Tuesday I tried to install it, but the Steam platform would not let me. It said I was still logged in in Germany. I wrote to Steam Support, but received no reply or solution other than an automated response. My German host tried to delete the Steam software and game from his PC, but it resisted his efforts. All I want is to load and play my game that I bought. They must stop blocking my account and enable me. I think in an effort to combat piracy, that they have started to handicap their loyal clients in such a way as to commit piracy of a sort on them. As a loyal client I expect service! Please help if you can.

It kind of sounds like your Steam account is set to (auto-run and) auto-login on your friends computer... Maybe have him just turn off his computer for a few hours and you can install Steam while his computer is turned off (because it can't possibly be logged on while turned off).

You will probably have to have access to the email you used to register steam as it will likely want to validate your computer as a new computer for that account.

Mad G
09-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Is there a way to play CLOD without Steam? The last few days a barely can connect to my account and fly. I´m a offliner. Thanks,

Troll2k
09-09-2011, 08:26 PM
You can set steam to offline.

Deacon352nd
09-09-2011, 10:11 PM
How do you set Steam to offline and then turn it back to online when you wish?

_79_dev
09-23-2011, 11:46 PM
At some stage I was willing to help You, cheer You up or stand for You at ubisoft or something but...

...GO KILL YOUR SELVES AND YOUR LOVED ONES...

That clears everything to me... Read and follow manual before using anything human. If You can't simply explain mistake You did nobody is going to help You. In ancient Greace You would be thrown to the wolfs. Now explain what Did You do wrong?