PDA

View Full Version : Scrounger?

1darklord
07-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm playing a warrior and would dearly like a Belt of the Victor which I hear can often be gained from defeating Scrounger. (although it appears to be random?)

What sort of minimum level do you need to be to defeat her on Normal difficulty? I'm only level 27 but I've managed to defeat Driller already (who I hear is usually tricky) so I figured I'd be willing to give it a go at least. ;)

Also does anyone have a list of possible rewards you can get from her?

Cheers,

Daniel.

Sir Whiskers
07-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Not sure what the minimum level would be - I took him on at 53rd level and didn't have too much trouble, so long as I didn't mind losing some troops. Fighting him no-loss took a bit more effort, paying attention to my tactics and using time back once.

Keep in mind that he's not a boss, like the Driller. He's an enemy hero with a very strong orc army (including plenty of dangerous shamans). You can use your dragon, and he'll have spells (he mainly used phantom when I fought him, but he probably has others).

In a future game, I'd be reluctant to take him on at a lower level than the mid-thirties. You can always give it a shot sooner - just be sure to save first. :)

1darklord
07-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Well I just took her on at 36 and it was tough fight, It took 3 attempts trying different strategies for me to defeat her.

By about the middle of the battle all I had left was my stack of shamans, everything else was dead, so I stoneskinned them and sat them in a corner, throwing out the occasional Dragondive and totem/deadly axes. It took a long while but eventually the enemy died thanks mostly to a volcano on the map which kindly kept blowing up the enemy each turn!

In the end I was reduced to about 40 Shamans and nothing else!

Result was I did get my Belt of the Victor, as well as a spiffy looking item which allows 20% more red dragons. :-P

Downside is my army of mostly level 5's is annihilated so I wlll have to go search out new troops to form a new army. Either that or I try again with a different strategy that keeps a few more troops alive. Those orcs of hers really were brutal though! :lol:

Daniel.