PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Servers

BigPickle
07-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Anyone know why I can see servers and my bro who i bought the game for cant see anything at all?

CaptainDoggles
07-17-2011, 04:17 PM
You're gonna have to provide more info than that.

Are you playing on the same connection? Is he going into "lobby" or "client"?

Ze-Jamz
07-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Anyone know why I can see servers and my bro who i bought the game for cant see anything at all?

Happens to me too..just exit game and restart mate...obvioulsy another bug or glitch

BigPickle
07-18-2011, 10:50 AM
You're gonna have to provide more info than that.

Are you playing on the same connection? Is he going into "lobby" or "client"?

Different connection, same country. He goes to client and cannot see anything, in fact all of the settings like lobby etc he cannot see a thing.

He can it appears connect to a game directly via the direct connection tab, but cannot join me via the steam join friend option.

Ataros
07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Some reports say this happens sometimes because of corrupt installation. Try checking file integrity in Steam.

BigPickle
07-18-2011, 12:24 PM
yeah he did that and still is this way.

He connected directly to a proper server yesterday, but i really want him to connect to my private server hosted from my pc so i can teach him Full real

Ataros
07-18-2011, 01:05 PM
He can probably direct connect to you if he can to other servers.

Alternatively ask him go to Steam -> Servers and add your IP to Favorites as a Favorit server. It will not appear in Steam but it will appear in game >> Multiplayer >> Client >> Favorites.

In case your provider puts you behind a router your server will not be visible in Client section but you can start server in Lobby section to make it visible from behind a router.

BigPickle
07-18-2011, 01:29 PM
rgr tnaks mate