PDA

View Full Version : As a stopgap measure, until sound gets fixed

CaptainDoggles
07-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Why don't server admins remove AI from their servers?

I had a good time last night flying on Repka #3.

I don't normally enjoy relaxed settings and prefer to fly full-real but having sound stay consistent for the entire 3 hours was very nice indeed.

Just a suggestion.

ATAG_Bliss
07-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Doggles.

I fixed my sound issue by muting the speach/voices in the Audio options in the game.

I rarely lose sound anymore, if at all because of it. It seems like the AI aren't necessarily the problem, just the voices shouting where they are :)

Try it and I bet you'll be surprised. I went from losing sound every 5-10 minutes to being able to play for hours on end without losing sound.

CaptainDoggles
07-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Hi Doggles.

I fixed my sound issue by muting the speach/voices in the Audio options in the game.

I rarely lose sound anymore, if at all because of it. It seems like the AI aren't necessarily the problem, just the voices shouting where they are :)

Try it and I bet you'll be surprised. I went from losing sound every 5-10 minutes to being able to play for hours on end without losing sound.

I've got my speech/voices muted as well but still lose sound every now and then.

Ataros
07-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Some people loose sound on Repka3 too.

Try switching forest completely off. 3-5 people reported it helps.
Try setting sound to ambisonic(iirc?) uncoded.
Try reducing texture quality and then other graphic settings.

There was a report saying switching from a gtx280 to a gtx580 fixed sound issue.

I guess sound files and textures are struggling for PC resources and textures have higher priority set in code.

David198502
07-15-2011, 07:19 AM
muting the voices doesnt work for me.

jojovtx
07-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi Doggles.

Worked for me and has been for a long time. Only sound issues I get is very rarely I get the wheels rolling sound even after they are retracted. I noticed yesterday, while getting shot down by a spitfire on Repka #2 that I have no impact sound. I just happened to notice the damage messages pop up then saw the tracers fly by.

I run nothing higher than medium, shadows/roads/grass off, forest off, buildings low, land shading low, all else medium with resolution at 1680x1050, AA off, SSAO off, VSYNC off.

Get steady 30+ fps on my rig, which as you can see below is not that stout.

Looking forward to getting some time on the Syndicate server this weekend.

Ze-Jamz
07-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Worked for me and has been for a long time. Only sound issues I get is very rarely I get the wheels rolling sound even after they are retracted. I noticed yesterday, while getting shot down by a spitfire on Repka #2 that I have no impact sound. I just happened to notice the damage messages pop up then saw the tracers fly by.

I run nothing higher than medium, shadows/roads/grass off, forest off, buildings low, land shading low, all else medium with resolution at 1680x1050, AA off, SSAO off, VSYNC off.

Get steady 30+ fps on my rig, which as you can see below is not that stout.

Looking forward to getting some time on the Syndicate server this weekend.

Do we have inpact sounds? I lost them ages ago and they have never returned for me...and as for the wheels rolling sound..how annoying is that? id say it get to about 85% on the annoyance scale..

I lose sound about every hour or so, just restart the game and its back...sux but what can you do

Allons!
07-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Sound bug? Turning off trees (wood) helped at last, no problems anymore since a week or so.

Greetz, Allons!

jojovtx
07-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Do we have inpact sounds? I lost them ages ago and they have never returned for me...and as for the wheels rolling sound..how annoying is that? id say it get to about 85% on the annoyance scale..

I lose sound about every hour or so, just restart the game and its back...sux but what can you do

Honestly I don't know about the impact sounds and I will try to pay more attention to it. I know that sometimes I can hear it when I shoot up AI bombers and hear it when AI bombers shoot back at me, but I can't recall the last time I heard impacts on my aircraft from a players plane.

The wheels rolling sound is probably 80% or better on the annoyance scale for me too. It is usually gone when I launch the next sortie. At least it didn't require a reboot like the sound cut out or display driver crash required.

White Owl
07-15-2011, 06:58 PM
You can fix the wheels rolling noise yourself on every single takeoff. Lift off, listen for half a second, if you hear the noise just bump back onto the runway once. The noise will stop. This works for me every time.

CaptainDoggles
07-15-2011, 07:05 PM
You can fix the wheels rolling noise yourself on every single takeoff. Lift off, listen for half a second, if you hear the noise just bump back onto the runway once. The noise will stop. This works for me every time.

:o :shock:

Nice!

Chivas
07-20-2011, 02:26 AM
I just tried removing Trees and I had sound for an hour or so with no problems. But I was disconnected later, not sure if it my isp, or a server problem.