PDA

View Full Version : No servers since new installed OS

Winger
07-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Hello all,

a friend of mine reinstalled his OS and everything and now he cant see any servers in the ingame browser. Exception for windows firewall has been made. Every other onlinegame works fine.
Id greatly appreciate if anyone would have a clue as of how to fix that since hes pretty eager to play:P

Winger

Winger
07-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Anyone please? He now reinstalled the whole OS and everything else again and still no servers.

Any help please?

Winger

ZaltysZ
07-15-2011, 04:07 PM
1) Game version check
2) Does direct connect work?
3) How many network interfaces (cards) he have (including virtual ones like Hamachi, vmware and so on)?
4) Does his ISP do traffic filtering (i.e. blocking unknown ports)?

CaptainDoggles
07-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Make sure he's going into Client and not Lobby

Winger
07-15-2011, 07:12 PM
1) Game version check
2) Does direct connect work?
3) How many network interfaces (cards) he have (including virtual ones like Hamachi, vmware and so on)?
4) Does his ISP do traffic filtering (i.e. blocking unknown ports)?

2. Nope
3. Only his physical card onboard
4. how does he know that?

thanks for your help.

Winger

ZaltysZ
07-15-2011, 07:59 PM
4. how does he know that?

He should call ISP and ask that. Some ISPs blocks unknown or not well known ports to stop P2P sharing and so on. You can try creating a server on well known port (i.e. 6667) and see if he can connect to your game directly.

P.S: first post suggests that he could see servers in browser before he reinstalled everything? Right?

Winger
07-15-2011, 08:20 PM
He should call ISP and ask that. Some ISPs blocks unknown or not well known ports to stop P2P sharing and so on. You can try creating a server on well known port (i.e. 6667) and see if he can connect to your game directly.

P.S: first post suggests that he could see servers in browser before he reinstalled everything? Right?

He already tried to connect to kampfverband server via direct connect. He cant connect. I was able to connect to the server.
Ill tell him to call ISP.
What is the port that needs to be open in order to play CloD?

Winger

EDIT: Yes. Before he messed his system with a virus everything worked. He killed all HDDs completely. Now everything works. Also onlinegamewise EXCEPT Cliffs of dover. No servers in the list and not able to direct connect via IP:(

Thee_oddball
07-15-2011, 09:47 PM
you friend reinstalled the OS twice, did he also let steam reinstall CLoD or did he restore it from a backup?

S!

Winger
07-15-2011, 11:42 PM
you friend reinstalled the OS twice, did he also let steam reinstall CLoD or did he restore it from a backup?

S!

reinstalled clod new.

Winger

DraCo
07-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Iam the person who has this problem. :evil:

I have reinstalled CloD from Steam, reinstalled twice from DVD but no servers were found in client.
No problems to find servers in other games like Call of Duty:Black OPs or Battlefield 2.
Cant create a CloD Server or join via direct connect.

VO101_Tom
07-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Iam the person who has this problem. :evil:

I have reinstalled CloD from Steam, reinstalled twice from DVD but no servers were found in client.
No problems to find servers in other games like Call of Duty:Black OPs or Battlefield 2.
Cant create a CloD Server or join via direct connect.

Hi. I had the same problem. You have to run the "verify integrity of game cache". (Steam, Library, Properties, Local Files). Even if new install. Make sure, that it count to 100%, it takes couple of minutes.
This solved it for me. Dont ask why or how :)

DraCo
07-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Hi. I had the same problem. You have to run the "verify integrity of game cache". (Steam, Library, Properties, Local Files). Even if new install. Make sure, that it count to 100%, it takes couple of minutes.
This solved it for me. Dont ask why or how :)

Tested but didnt work for me.

ZaltysZ
07-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Draco, your pictures show that probably it is not port problem. It seems steam is refusing your game client. Can you do a test? Give Winger your steam login and see if he can create a server with your account. Maybe there is a problem with your key.

Winger
07-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Draco, your pictures show that probably it is not port problem. It seems steam is refusing your game client. Can you do a test? Give Winger your steam login and see if he can create a server with your account. Maybe there is a problem with your key.

We already tired that he gave me his account information and i logged in from my PC. I could see servers without any problems as if it was my account.

Winger

Thee_oddball
07-16-2011, 07:56 PM
try a hard reboot of his router unplug let sit for 60 seconds, power back up and reboot PC.

s!

Winger
07-16-2011, 08:21 PM
try a hard reboot of his router unplug let sit for 60 seconds, power back up and reboot PC.

s!

He has no router. only a DSL modem. However this suggestion is good. Ill tell him to hard reset the modem. Thanks

Winger

Winger
07-17-2011, 12:20 PM
problem solved: He reinstalled OS and game at his friends home and router and it worked. Still works at his own home. Dont ask me what went wrong there... Must be something with his darn DSL modem.

Winger