PDA

View Full Version : Extra Speed for Knights/Paladins?

1darklord
07-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I love my Knights/Paladins but they are just so slow! I'm playing a warrior so I can teleport one of them but not the other, leaving my Paladins lagging behind.

So what items are there that will speed them up? Even speed 3 would be nice!

I currently have a pirate follower that speeds up pirates but as I don't use pirates any more he's going to waste, maybe there a different follower that speeds up Knights/Paladins instead? :)

Cheers,

Daniel.

ckdamascus
07-13-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey Guys,

I love my Knights/Paladins but they are just so slow! I'm playing a warrior so I can teleport one of them but not the other, leaving my Paladins lagging behind.

So what items are there that will speed them up? Even speed 3 would be nice!

I currently have a pirate follower that speeds up pirates but as I don't use pirates any more he's going to waste, maybe there a different follower that speeds up Knights/Paladins instead? :)

Cheers,

Daniel.

Belt of the Victor.

You can try the Red Sands mod/expansion but it is a little rough due to the lack of translation. Within that, your units can level up, and one of the possible random benefits is +1 speed.

Also, instead of teleporting, you can try Mass Haste instead. Won't get you there in one round, but it lasts longer and affects more than one unit.

1darklord
07-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Aha I'll keep an eye out for belt, not seen it yet sadly, but fingers crossed!

Meanwhile Mass Haste does sound possible, I will have to work on my distortion magic, it's at 2 at the moment so not to far off. :)

Demonesses could work to, haven't found any yet though.

Daniel.

ShuiMienLung
07-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Demonesses can solve the problem for both of your units: teleport one of your slow guys into the middle of the enemy, and bring the swapped enemy unit right next to the other slow guy.

If you have Tactics, you can start with the rest of your army--ranged guys, and the Demonesses themselves--at the other side of the arena, so the enemy would have to move to hit anyone other than the paladin or knight right next to them.

Some arenas--Demon suppression is the one I can think of off the top of my head--have sort of "wings" on the map that have only one hex adjacent. If the one you Demonic Transfer out starts inside that pocket, and the one you leave behind is in the adjacent, the enemy you swapped for cannot even walk out to hit the rest of your army.

1darklord
07-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I like the sound of that! So far I'm merely using my paladins to advance slowly and give my Royal Griffons a second turn, while grabbing a chest if one happens to be nearby. Of course later everyone gathers for a big group hug! :lol:

Daniel.

ckdamascus
07-14-2011, 06:40 PM
While I think Demonesses are sexy babes, I just hate how they can't be resurrected by the Paladin. :(

I think they would make a good combo otherwise. Pious men with sultry vixens. Can't they make Demonic Children? Haha.

1darklord
07-14-2011, 07:12 PM
They can't? Damn there goes that idea then...

Daniel.

gimpz
07-14-2011, 10:15 PM
You don't really need to have them at the front at once. Just wait with your units until the enemy comes to you or if they have ranged troops, wait until next turn and cast haste on the pallys. If you have demonesses they can also swap the pallys or knights with another troop.

1darklord
07-14-2011, 10:56 PM
I've found some Pilgrims Boots which give the lowest movement unit +1 to movement, so far it seem to be giving it my Knights every time, which is actually quite handy. :)

Daniel.

gimpz
07-15-2011, 08:39 AM
In Crossworlds there is also the artifact known as "Belt of the Victor" which gives all units +1 speed and +50% defense. Is that overpowered or what? Warriors have a better chance of getting it but if you're lucky you can find the parts in stores.

Sir Whiskers
07-15-2011, 10:36 AM
I've found some Pilgrims Boots which give the lowest movement unit +1 to movement, so far it seem to be giving it my Knights every time, which is actually quite handy. :)

Daniel.

If you have multiple units with the same lowest speed, I believe which unit gets the bonus is dependent on position within your army. Try swapping the knights and paladins and see if the paladins start getting the bonus speed.

1darklord
07-18-2011, 11:01 AM
That worked nicely, my Paladins always get the +1 now. I also took Adrenaline which is often handy. (nearly everyone in my army benefits from extra speed)

I also found some dice which randomly give me a benefit which can include a +1 to movement for everyone.

Finally I upped my tactics for level 2 allowing my army to start that little bit closer, it really is useful.

I've not found the Belt of the Victor, fingers crossed that I do! :)

Daniel.

1darklord
07-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Hah I ended up not only getting a Belt of the Victor from Scrounger I also got one from the individual items! Quite lucky for my first game. :grin:

Daniel.

ckdamascus
07-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Hah I ended up not only getting a Belt of the Victor from Scrounger I also got one from the individual items! Quite lucky for my first game. :grin:

Daniel.

Congrats!

1darklord
07-26-2011, 01:12 PM
I would speculate it is actually possible to get a 3rd belt as I've now got two out of the three items to build a 3rd! :shock:

Of course you can't actually equip three belts anyhow but still. :)

Daniel.

1darklord
08-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Heh, I got myself a Metamorphic Axel, my Paladins now start with move 6 every battle. :lol:

Daniel.