PDA

View Full Version : How Many Players/Servers?

Cyph3r
07-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey all, I used to play IL2 1946 with a Saitek X52, but the pots on my X52 are shot and it was a terrible stick for accuracy anyway.

But I want to get back into IL2 and I'm debating buying CoD and a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS :grin:

The thing that will be the deciding factor is how many players are on the multiplayer? How many full servers are there? AI filled servers dont count ;)

Ataros
07-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Player numbers are not high now. The best way is to go online and check out either with x52 or without joystick at all. We had maximum of about 60 players at Repka#3 but usually it is about 20-30 I think.

The numbers will definitely increase after the USA release and when sound bugs online are fixed.

Cyph3r
07-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Bliss told me last night that Steam is allowing 258 player games, not sure if CoD can actually allow that, but wow, potential!

Yeah but that's irrelevant if there aren't even 258 players on the game ;)

ATAG_Bliss
07-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Well I'd rather have the ability to have a full scale massive online war then have the game running perfectly for 40 players and that's the limit. At least it's coded / designed from the get go to have that unlike flight sim a,b,c,d,e,f that's currently out there.

One day it will get there, and when it does, online will be down right amazing. I'm already having a bunch of fun with it.

Jaws2002
07-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Last night, when i joined there were around 30 players in the Syndicate serrver, but people said there were 60+ players in the server earlier yesterday.:grin:

We are getting there.:-P

Thank you Bliss and all involved for the great server.