PDA

View Full Version : Repka No-Lag Test Server...?

5-in-50
07-05-2011, 10:56 AM
As you'll probably already realise, Repka's dogfight server is proving quite popular and offering some reasonable multiplayer action (relatively speaking).

But lately the server has been renamed to "no-lag test" and for me at least, requires a password to enter. It's a shame because it's often the only server running with 10+ players logged in, where most others are empty...

Does anyone know what the story is, or the password?? I notice they've started running a second Repka dogfight server that's not password protected, but it's often empty like most others.

ZaltysZ
07-05-2011, 11:23 AM
There are 3 Repka servers. :) #1 - full real, #2 - various stuff and tests, #3 - quick dogfight.

fireship4
07-05-2011, 09:48 PM
I saw the server, and really wanted to get on - there were something like 40 people on it. From what I understood it was a test to try to find out if disabling custom skins would reduce lag. I managed to log on with the password from the sukhoi forums but there were no planes in the sky when I spawned in. There was obviously something amiss so I left an apology (to the effect of "sorry if I was not meant to be here or messed something up") and logged off. Further info would be appreciated.

Ataros
07-06-2011, 07:34 AM
I saw the server, and really wanted to get on - there were something like 40 people on it. From what I understood it was a test to try to find out if disabling custom skins would reduce lag. I managed to log on with the password from the sukhoi forums but there were no planes in the sky when I spawned in. There was obviously something amiss so I left an apology (to the effect of "sorry if I was not meant to be here or messed something up") and logged off. Further info would be appreciated.

This is a Steam bug. It shows incorrect number of players on passworded servers (maybe counting connect attempts as players). There where not more than 3-5 people flying on that server at the most. BigRepa tests custom skins influence on server stability on that server.

Repka #1 and #3 are more populated usually.

5-in-50
07-06-2011, 08:48 AM
ah, thanks for the info! It makes me feel better to know I'm not missing out on massive multiplayer carnage :grin: But also worse that custom skins are causing issues with stability :( (longer before we get to use them properly)

Thee_oddball
07-06-2011, 12:55 PM
as a rule custom skins stay off...its just another thing to eat up bandwidth and cause lag.

S!

Ataros
07-06-2011, 01:09 PM
as a rule custom skins stay off...its just another thing to eat up bandwidth and cause lag.

S!

Do you know how to switch it off on server side?

Thee_oddball
07-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Do you know how to switch it off on server side?

under [NET] IN CONFS.INI you can try adding SkinDownload=0 i doubt it will work but you have nothing to lose :)

S!

335th_GRAthos
07-06-2011, 06:46 PM
ah, thanks for the info! It makes me feel better to know I'm not missing out on massive multiplayer carnage :grin:

Damn, thanks Ataros for the info, I was also liking my fingers the day I saw 70 pilots in that server!!!!!..... :-D

Ataros
07-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Damn, thanks Ataros for the info, I was also liking my fingers the day I saw 70 pilots in that server!!!!!..... :-D

I do understand you :) It is a good bug to promote servers :grin: We will sell password for $5 next time to fund a development of the correct squirrel FM as requested by community :grin:

Seriously speaking I think we can have such a carnage in 3-6 months either on Repka or Syndicate or some other server. Looking forward to it. This is only a beginning no matter how hard it is.

335th_GRAthos
07-07-2011, 10:53 AM
We will sell password for $5 next time to fund a development of the correct squirrel FM as requested by community :grin:
You accept PayPal? :grin:

The largest number I ever played online was 96players in a COOP when a Finish squad invited us for a game but it took weeks of preparation in order to ensure that so many people would be ready to log in at the same time online.

Let's hope we will experience such numbers in CoD in a few months :)

~S~

Ataros
07-07-2011, 12:00 PM
The largest number I ever played online was 96players in a COOP when a Finish squad invited us for a game

Witnessed about 100 players too in ADW (http://www.adw.alkar.net/en/static/rules/index.html) back in 2006.