PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer servers

Tree_UK
07-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Is it just me but everytime I go on a server I get disconnected after a short amount of time, this doesn't happen in any other game whether on Steam or not, is it a Steam problem or is yet another problem with CLOD? If its not the rubbish sound going its losing connection, I've been giving this game a good go these last few months but its the shelf or bin for this unless something happens soon.

Thee_oddball
07-02-2011, 02:06 PM
Is it just me but everytime I go on a server I get disconnected after a short amount of time, this doesn't happen in any other game whether on Steam or not, is it a Steam problem or is yet another problem with CLOD? If its not the rubbish sound going its losing connection, I've been giving this game a good go these last few months but its the shelf or bin for this unless something happens soon.

STEAM does mass disconnects of our servers :( ...we are still trying to find out why

Tree_UK
07-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Ive never had steam do that on any other game i play using steam, so one can only assume its the game. Anyhow, very annoying and another massive turn off to this title, still at least we know what the office looks like so its not all bad news.

Thee_oddball
07-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Ive never had steam do that on any other game i play using steam, so one can only assume its the game. Anyhow, very annoying and another massive turn off to this title, still at least we know what the office looks like so its not all bad news.

I contacted steam and they told me to contact UBI ...i would have better luck giving myself a root canal while drunk...

Thee_oddball
07-02-2011, 06:32 PM
I haven't had any disconnects other than server crashes, which thankfully isn't all that common (maybe every couple of hours). How's your ping to the servers that are disconnecting you? Does it happen on every server, or just certain ones?

it seems to happen to every server at the same time, and then u have to wait 60 seconds before you can reconnect.

Thee_oddball
07-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I meant to Tree's disconnects. I know that server crashes tend to happen together (when its Steam's fault) although an individual server may still crash with a problem unrelated to Steam. Tree's statement that he disconnects after a couple of minutes indicates to me, that it is not a Steam/Server crash issue, but something more local, as my CoD doesn't kick me off servers very often.

I normally only frequent SYNdicate and Repka 1, so I can't say much about the other servers, but those two don't crash with any great frequency.

ahhhh i misunderstood...then its probably his game that is messing up :(

Tiger27
07-03-2011, 06:22 AM
I meant to Tree's disconnects. I know that server crashes tend to happen together (when its Steam's fault) although an individual server may still crash with a problem unrelated to Steam. Tree's statement that he disconnects after a couple of minutes indicates to me, that it is not a Steam/Server crash issue, but something more local, as my CoD doesn't kick me off servers very often.

I normally only frequent SYNdicate and Repka 1, so I can't say much about the other servers, but those two don't crash with any great frequency.

Ive played on these two for a few hours at a time without disconnect, lose sound occasionally but it comes back after a minute or so for me.

ZaltysZ
07-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Sound issues might be related to DirectX sound (voices) count. Basically, only number of sounds can be played at the same time, and if more is tried to be played, some isn't played at all. It could be that this happens in MP when lots of objects are spawned/despawned and all voices are used up easily. Game should be smart enough to not play sound of too distant object completely, but unfortunately there are some issues with this as most of us have observed (i.e. sometimes we can hear bullet hits 500-800m away).

Ali Fish
07-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Sound issues might be related to DirectX sound (voices) count. Basically, only number of sounds can be played at the same time, and if more is tried to be played, some isn't played at all. It could be that this happens in MP when lots of objects are spawned/despawned and all voices are used up easily. Game should be smart enough to not play sound of too distant object completely, but unfortunately there are some issues with this as most of us have observed (i.e. sometimes we can hear bullet hits 500-800m away).

this is what i believe, probally the amount of voices exceeding the limit but the system to update or generate the "x" amount of closest sounds is borked. Always when a server has over 16 entrants i see the sound bug happening.

It would be helpful if server admins could attempt to limit the client connects and see if theres a corelation.

Thee_oddball
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM

i thought the same thing but a different cause..i thought the sound engine was overloading and would max out one of the cores causing the sound stuttering and dropoff

Richie
07-20-2011, 01:10 PM
All I see in Steam is that one game Team Fortress and maybe about 5 others.

BH_woodstock
07-20-2011, 05:37 PM
1 word

HYPERLOBBY!:grin:

Richie
07-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Agree 100% with woodstock. I wonder when the big servers are going to take a wack at hosting some COD Dogfights.

Ze-Jamz
07-20-2011, 09:02 PM
+1 on that

Troll2k
07-20-2011, 10:16 PM
According to the back of the North American DVD box you can "play it at Ubi.com".

Richie
07-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Whaaaaaat!

The Hyperlobby is the answer to all of this. Another great thing about it is that you can have everything running while you're sitting out in the lobby chatting with your friends. You're free to help new people with giving them links or all kinds of your brilliant advice. Do research on aircraft, share youtube videos, jokes or just gossip. There's no limit.