PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Post 1.01 Problems

Dasher220
07-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Hi all,
Im a big fan of the game and just picked it up a few days ago. I was stoked to find out that since patch 1.01 on the ps3 you are able to map the controls of the game for nearly any controllers/joysticks, a feature i strongly believe all flight sims/arcade games should have.
Anyways i've found this really useful and have been able to create my ideal setup for my joystick. However, i've noticed that when i play with patch 1.01 installed, the game tends to permanently freeze upon entering specific missions on single player, in particular, "They shall not pass". I un-installed the patch and found this problem does not occur. Unfortunately though, this means i am unable to fly with my joystick which really defeats the purpose for purchasing the game in the first place.
In addition, i've also noted that the audio of the "narrator" is also not present in the mission fox hunt.
I was just curious to know if anyone else is having these problems or has found a way around the issue.
Kind regards.

Gilly
07-01-2011, 08:12 AM
What stick are you using?
As for the narrator some would claim that's an advantage! As much as I like ole Joss it is a bit drole!!

Dasher220
07-01-2011, 08:39 AM
It's a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, but i'm almost certain that the stick is not the source of the freezing because when i started the game up with the ps3 controller it still froze.

Gilly
07-01-2011, 09:02 AM
I suspected the stick as I've personally never had this happen, both with a DS3 or my Hotas, that said it's well over a year since I did any campaign.
Anyone else had this?

McQ59
07-01-2011, 09:42 AM
Nope, but I use the TmasterHotas - and when I finally figured out that the second setting for the stick suited the missions/campaigns all my troubles with commanding wingmen and such disappeared. The mission in question here was one of the hardest to pass, but it never froze. It was more like me sweatting&swearing as I remember it...
Best of luck Dasher!

Gilly
07-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Random thought but what level are you using? Arcade, Realistic or Sim. Only reason I ask is that some missions are easier to accomplish on either realistic or sim than arcade. I just wonder whether this is one of those.
IL2 sadly has a few foibles that both entertain as well as frustrate us all!!

Dasher220
07-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Thank you all for the replies :) . I was playing on arcade mode with unlimited lives, but I'll try a couple of different configurations later in terms of controls and difficulty settings. I think i'll just end up passing the mission with the patch uninstalled using my ps3 controller then reinstall it afterwards so that i can make use of my joystick in further missions.
Kind Regards