PDA

View Full Version : Ju-88 Bomb load

335th_GRAthos
06-29-2011, 09:23 PM
Some more questions:

Loaded some (18) bombs in the internal space.

#1 Is there a way to open the bomb bay doors AND KEEP THEM OPEN?
It does not work with the normal bomb bay key, and when I press to drop a bomb, the bomb bay doors will open (SLOWLY) then drop the bomb. TOO SLOW :(

#2 Has anybody tested the SALVO QUANTITY for the internal bomb load?
With me it does not seem to work and bombs drop one by one after pressing the drop key every time (and I have 18 bombs inside....)
Need l say, everytime the bomb bay doors have to open and close? ;)

~S~

VO101_Tom
06-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Some more questions:

Loaded some (18) bombs in the internal space.

#1 Is there a way to open the bomb bay doors AND KEEP THEM OPEN?
It does not work with the normal bomb bay key, and when I press to drop a bomb, the bomb bay doors will open (SLOWLY) then drop the bomb. TOO SLOW :(

#2 Has anybody tested the SALVO QUANTITY for the internal bomb load?
With me it does not seem to work and bombs drop one by one after pressing the drop key every time (and I have 18 bombs inside....)
Need l say, everytime the bomb bay doors have to open and close? ;)

~S~

The door is manual opening in Ju88, so you have to keep push the "bomb bay door open" button (aprox. 10 sec is enough). There is a crank on the right side of cocpit (unfortunately its on the edge of the view limit). It is a little gauge on crank axis, with ZU (close) and AUF (open) marks.

I dont know the Salvo thing, i didn't try yet, just in 109 (there is working well).

http://www.pumaszallas.hu/Private/VO101_Tom/ju88-bombaydoor.jpg

335th_GRAthos
06-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Aaa! Excellent! :)

The salvo thing does not seem to work, either by key or by pressing the cockpit organ, I do not seem to have any response.

~S~

Warhound
06-29-2011, 11:47 PM
I can confirm the Ju-88 bombbaydoors act strange, fully open them manually (either by cockpit or keys) and after a single bomb they will close again. Would make more sense if dropping the bombs didn't automatically open and close the doors so we had full control over the process. Dropping many in very quick succession forces them open as long as your distributor delay is set 0.
The salvo quantity indeed does not react, either to clicking in cockpit or mapped keys.

On a similar note the He-111 P2's 2nd magneto is unclickable, it does work via keymapings though and also works in cockpit in the He-111 H2.

335th_GRAthos
06-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks Warhound, please post it at the bugs thread as well!

~S~

JG53Frankyboy
06-30-2011, 11:36 AM
that is so 'funny'........................................... .........

i confirm, the bombdoors in the Ju88 are opened by the weight of a bomb. and every time it tries to close after the bombrelease.

I have no proplem with salvo btw, they are coming out at once (at least as fast as they can...)

Can i make a guess: the programmer has mixed up the bombssystems of the Blenheim and the Ju88 :D

they way it works NOW in the Ju88, it should actually work in the Blenheim.
No need to open bombdoors in a real Blenheim, it was springopened by the weight of the bombs, and closed after the bomb was released......
In the Blenheim NOW, you still have to open and close the bombdoors manually.

335th_GRAthos
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
I have no proplem with salvo btw, they are coming out at once (at least as fast as they can...)

Ooops, not that fast Frankyboy :)

Pls explain because I can not make this work:
load the 10, 18, 8 or anything you want bombs in the bomb bay.
I can only make it drop one bomb at a time or, try to keep pressing the bomb drop many times so that after the first bomb drops, many follow.

Can you instead set the bomb system to drop, instead of one, 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 (or anything) with the bomb release command? THAT WOULD BE GREAT ;)

It is a pain to try to do a sturzbomb run and trying to press the bomb release as fast as you can (having 18 bombs inside...) ;)

~S~

PS. The JU88 is really amazing! It is true it was considered the best bomber plane of that war period! Extremely fast, good bombload, sturdy, vertical bomb or level bomb capability AND it is nicely modelled in the game :)
Well done 1C !

JG53Frankyboy
06-30-2011, 01:16 PM
i just set it to "salvo" , open the bombdoors (with holding the "open bombdoor" button), arm the bombs and hit the bombrelease button ONCE (only working from pilotposition :( ). Than all bombs are comming out. Bombdoors are closing automaticlay after rlease...

if you want drop a specific amount of bombs or all one after another you have to set "interval"
Than you can set the intervall length (means how much bombs) and the time (or better distance on ground) after one bomb is relased after the other.

I am working only with shortcuts - but IIRC the bomb'computer' is in the nose if you want manipulate it with the mouse....

335th_GRAthos
06-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Ha!

I know why it is not working for me!

I have been using a button for "Toggle bomb bay doors"
I needed to setup a new button for "Open bomb bay doors"

Now it works fine :)

335th_GRAthos
06-30-2011, 09:20 PM
i just set it to "salvo" ,

Thanks Frankyboy, your explanations (and considerable practice) made the correct combination to make everything work.

I found out that setting it to SERIES (instead of SALVO) makes it work:
I can select which of the three bomb bays (or all three together),
how many bombs should drop in a row
how much should be the spacing (in meters!!!) between each dropped bomb.

He, he, I am loading 2xSC500, 10xSC50, 18xSC50 on the REPKA server as we speak... :)

I hope Ataros has programmed some serious runway repair service teams for the red airfield.... ;)
I think there will be blood... :-D

~S~

JG53Frankyboy
06-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Keep in mind that bombbay3 are the wingbombs (IIRC, long time since i started CoD tbh) and if you have selected all bombbays for a interval ( or series , is this so called in the english version!?) the small bombs are released first andnthe "big ones" as the last.

And the Gyro compas is still not working- so no course autopilot in the Ju 88.

One thing that makes the Ju 88 flying easier is to delete the front MG15. you have a much better view on the engineinstruments. And as long this weapon can not be fixed and fired by the pilot ( possible in a real 88), this gun is not SO important ;)

335th_GRAthos
06-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Oh, I did all that already, it is a nice job watching 32bombs falling...
BUT, the damage on the runway has no effect to the planes taking off :-(

One thing that makes the Ju 88 flying easier is to delete the front MG15.

How do you do that????

But the real bad news is that the 10+18 SC50 bombs seem to need at least 900m of alt to arm and explode :(
am I correct?

The SC500 I could drop at low alt diving and had no problem to make them explode.

AND, did I experience correctly that the bombardier can not release the bombs????

~S~

Blackdog_kt
07-01-2011, 05:05 AM
To get rid of the co-pilot's MG go into the loadout screen (where you choose the fuel loadout) and at the top you'll see a list of weapons loaded. You can disable any kind of weapon on any aircraft just like loading/unloading palettes :-P

As for your other observations, for the bomb impact spacing to work you need to have accurate altitude and ground speed values input to the bomb computer. If i set a bomb impact spacing of 30 meters, i'm flying at 2000m and 300km/h and the bomb computer thinks i'm flying at 1000m and 200km/h, i won't get a spacing of 30 meters but something else.

Furthermore, that data has to be your altitude and ground speed (not IAS, but TAS corrected for wind) at the moment of bomb drop. In other words, if you want to achieve a specific pattern while dive bombing you have to estimate the amount of speed you'll be having at the end of your dive and use that value, along with the altitude you want to drop from.

The good thing is that IAS/TAS differences are smaller when you go low and since you are almost vertical and dropping from low altitude the wind will not have too much of an effect, so in theory you might just be able to get away with setting your release altitude and the terminal IAS of your dive into the bomb computer for diving attacks.

The inconvenience in all this is that you don't know what kind of speed you'll be having at the end of the dive beforehand, so you will have to do some practice runs offline and see what speeds you get at the end of the dive with your chosen power settings.

JG53Frankyboy
07-01-2011, 08:15 AM

AND, did I experience correctly that the bombardier can not release the bombs????

~S~

yep, one of the very 'smart' decissions of 1C was that the shortcutcommand "release bombs" is not working from the bombarider position , only from pilot position.
In the Blenheim and Br.20 you have to use the mouse to activate the 3D cockpit lever/button, in the Heinkel and Junkers you are depending on the automatik bombrelease function of their bombsight.

About bombexplosion, it propably depends what bombfuze you have selected !
But first, i personaly will not do any tests till the arming menue is actually working (i lost the patience in that), and second the fuzes are bugged anyway, as the time 'bars' are not working. IIRC you cant set any timedelay to 0 in the moment in german bombs.
The game has still to grow IMHO !

jojovtx
08-01-2011, 08:17 PM
in the Heinkel and Junkers you are depending on the automatik bombrelease function of their bombsight.

So what you are saying is that if I have my HE111 trimmed and level on autopilot and my bombsight set to automatic the bombs will drop as long as I am in the pilot seat? Or can I be in the bombardier position? I've tried a few bombing sorties and have never seen the automatic bombsight release the bombs for me.

JG53Frankyboy
08-01-2011, 08:26 PM
I cant tell you actually!
Im always in the bombardier position, " leaned forward" looking through the bombsight (making small speed adjustments) when i am on a bombrun......
And for me , the automatic works, when the plane is flying stable enough that the bombsight is shkwing its aiming reticle..... :D