ATAG_Dutch
06-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Ho hum............. Sigh...........

Anyone else?

Ze-Jamz
06-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Ho hum............. Sigh...........

Anyone else?

Yep im afraid its like that for me atm too..gutted cuz i really like this game but the fautls,bugs,patches that dont work,patches that brake things,wrong FM's and imo DM's..Mp sound..sound in general just starts to take away the enjoyment pretty fast..

That last patch has broke my game in a big way

ATAG_Dutch
06-28-2011, 10:21 PM
I remember before release, Furbs said to me 'aren't you a little concerned' or some such.

I said 'not concerned at all Furbs me ole mate'.

I was wrong.

Sorry Furbs.

Ali Fish
06-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Indeed ! what bothers me is that the powers that be dont seem to give a Four X.

ATAG_Dutch
06-28-2011, 10:38 PM
When to school with a bloke called Alan Fisher.

Naaaaah.

Ali Fish
06-28-2011, 11:06 PM
fraid not. im an Alasdair. seriously though the time has come. I was a firm supporter untill the past few days but reality is kicking in big style. i just wish we could speculate on the truth of it all because its nasty in reality i bet ! no Oleg but Luthier. nasty nasty nasty business. That was most definetly a backhanded deal from ubisoft .im not sure i want to support all that is IL2 Cliffs of dover anymore tbh. so yeah im probally out. sick of this sick coloured forum anyway. i'll sleep on it.

baronWastelan
06-28-2011, 11:09 PM
I was Ho humming in 2003 when I first learned of Il-2:BoB. Needless to say, I am not disappointed.

Ali Fish
06-28-2011, 11:21 PM
wasnt it called SOW:BOB back then ? hint hint. "imo a completely different product expectation"

LoBiSoMeM
06-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Just now I made a fast misson on FMB, a bunch of Spitifires over Isle of Wight screamble to protect one of the airfields from bomber attack. I set the mission time to 3:45, put some searchlights, ground unitis to be destroyed, and jump to the cockpit!

As usual, I was amazed with the gameplay, beautiful terrain, objects, aircraft... And enjoyed the transition of light when the sun raise... All that with the searchlights over the He111 and all the amazing effects of shooting at low light! Almost real!

Seriously: people don't explore 0.1% of this sim. If people TRY to explore what is already working and go deeper trying to understand what this engine can do... Well... Maybe they can finally understand what CloD are about...

Really sad... Well, I'll stay exploring the FMB waiting for all the fixes. This engine is amazing, and all the foundation is a masterpiece!

Airquake in small maps and peole whinning about the performance or lack of their belover 109 version? This sim in much bigger than that... This engine can handle really GREAT things... Now I can see why it take so long to be released and understand Oleg's vision about all "Storm of War" thing... Wake up, people!

ATAG_Dutch
06-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Nice to see your new 'avatar' baron. The arse end of that porsche was getting a bit stale!

Ho hum.

Can anyone think of anything interesting to talk about?

Edit: Oh no, he's back, like a secret predator lurking over your door jamb.

Anyone seen 'Jeepers Creepers'?

Robert
06-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Sigh....... Go out and play ya idgits. Was this topic even necessary? It's not like there's 100 other whiny snot driveling posts here.

ATAG_Dutch
06-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Sigh....... Was this topic even necessary? It's not like there's 100 other whiny snot driveling posts here.

Evidently yes, as evidenced by your word of introduction.

Ho hum.

I wonder when 'Storm of War' will come out.

Tum-te-Tum.....

I did the whole RAF campaign, and at the end, I didn't want some pixellated female sitting on my knee in a Spit. She got in the way. I would've loved to have pressed Ctrl-E and ejected her.

I mean. I'm 49. I'm past all that Lara Croft crap.

The visuals are superb (except the landscape), the feeling of 'being there' is superb, but..........................sigh................. .............ho hum.

baronWastelan
06-28-2011, 11:47 PM
wasnt it called SOW:BOB back then ? hint hint. "imo a completely different product expectation"

It didn't have a name yet in 2003. "Il-2:BoB" is just my shorthand.

Skoshi Tiger
06-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Well, from other threads it looks like they've solved the SLI issue, they've fix the 109 trim system, frame rates continue to improve, stutters are becoming less and less (honestly how many roof top level dog fights actually occurred over central London).

In three Months we've had three patches that have continuously refined and improved the sim, we been given a road map for how the developers are trying to fix the multiplayer sound issue!

Ho Hum! I guess some people hare hard to please!

Cheers everybody!

xnomad
06-29-2011, 02:45 AM

Ho hum.

Maybe MG were forced by contract to make a sequel to IL2 for Ubisoft so they released this beta under the name COD. Now they can focus on SOW and start the series with a new game based on this engine? :grin: They they can rake in the customer dollars directly without the Ubi middle man.

This way they also don't lose the name SOW like BIS did with Operation Flashpoint as Codemasters owned the name.

Robert
06-29-2011, 04:32 AM

Ho hum.

Tum-te-Tum.....

I did the whole RAF campaign, and at the end, I didn't want some pixellated female sitting on my knee in a Spit. She got in the way. I would've loved to have pressed Ctrl-E and ejected her.

I mean. I'm 49. I'm past all that Lara Croft crap.

The visuals are superb (except the landscape), the feeling of 'being there' is superb, but..........................sigh................. .............ho hum.

no. Just pointing out how vapid and wasteful the topic is. It's not like these 57 other types of crap topics on the forum. Why one more. Or do you like attention? Go out. Have a pint, and by doing so lower your carbon footprint.

Blackdog_kt
06-29-2011, 08:12 AM
There's still stuff that doesn't work but every patch along the way has fixed some for me.

Not worried about the long term quality of the sim one bit, just a little about hard to please people killing sales but then again, if RoF managed to survive and improve so much this one will too.

If i knew how to work in C# i'd probably have a sample dynamic campaign generator out by now. If i was a mission builder i'd have a few static campaigns out too. I'm neither of the two so i do what i know: testing how stuff works in the sim and identifying between legitimate bugs and actual real life constraints of the aircraft modeled.

Lobisomem's posting style is not always helpful to the point he's trying to make because he seems a bit aggressive sometimes (maybe it's a language barrier thing) and that gets the rest of the posters to respond in kind, but he's 100% correct in what he says in this thread: the majority of people who constantly moan don't have the patience to explore the possibilities because they are lazy, they want it handed to them on a silver platter through a step-by-step interface.

I say this while being a firm believer that documentation on certain aspects is sorely lacking, but instead of crying about it i set about testing things myself and compiling my own documentation instead.

If people are not inclined to do so it's perfectly fine. What they should do however is ask about it instead of broadcasting static, so that the ones who do spend their time improving things for everyone else can get the message across. I've spent so much time testing out of my own volition and at the instigation of reports and posts by others and have come up with a way around most of the problems i initially faced. I've spent even more time answering the questions of people who had similar problems and trying to help them out, in many cases it worked.

All this is cutting into my gaming time and to be honest, i could just as easily keep the solutions to myself and happily fly along while ignoring everybody else. The reason i'm doing things different is because i like being a team player, but the more this kind of threads pop up the more i come to believe that impatient, unimaginative, "i want it now and i don't want to know who it works" type of people are really not worth my time and effort that cuts into my enjoyment of the sim to improve theirs.

I'll still keep compiling a FAQ for the US release to help the new-comers get up and running and i'll still help newbies out even if i've answered the same question dozens of times in the past, but i'm seriously considering to stop responding directly in the threads and start shooting off PMs to the people facing issues depending on their posting history, so the small minority of moaning crybabies who contribute nothing yet taint everything with their pessimism can't benefit from it. :evil:

ATAG_Dutch
06-29-2011, 10:24 AM
no. Just pointing out how vapid and wasteful the topic is. It's not like these 57 other types of crap topics on the forum. Why one more. Or do you like attention? Go out. Have a pint, and by doing so lower your carbon footprint.

Actually, I'd already had quite a few pints and increased my methane output when I posted the thread. Equally bad for the environment according to the wife.

I'm also aware of the vapidity of the topic, but my main areas of interest with flight sims are mission building, film making and online play although I'm rubbish at all three.
These aspects of the game all have their problems. For instance, the track editor doesn't work and is very buggy, some people complain of FRAPs probs, the multiplayer issues are well known, the FMB holds deep mysteries to many.

The Forum seems to be getting a bit boring with repetitive topics, so I thought I'd try and open something more light hearted. Maybe this didn't come across too well. Unfortunately it's already become the same as all the other threads with some people firmly in the 'think positive' camp and others in the 'refund' camp.

Personally I'm in the 'just a bit bored with the whole thing' camp, and it's not because I'm lazy Blackdog. I've watched the Black Death track roughly 50 times whilst optimising in-game and CCC settings for my system. I've set up FMB with the Minensuchboot and made the little clip I posted, but had to do that with FRAPS 'on the fly' because the track editor is bugged as hell.

Multiplayer is not worth mentioning here.

Ah well

Ze-Jamz
06-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Well I deserve to be a bit pissed with what I've got now, why? cuz the ati lines and GUI interface have gone and improved but my game play is worse..I.e the latest patch had made the game worse for me and that is a problem for me.

I'm glad for some of you the patches continue to make this game better for you, for me they dont

TonyD
06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Well I deserve to be a bit pissed with what I've got now, why? cuz the ati lines and GUI interface have gone and improved but my game play is worse..

What problems do you currently have? I assume that you may be referring to MP issues, since your system is similar to mine and it's running better-than-ever for me (particularly with those blue lines gone!). I can't even suggest that it may be your flight stick, as I have one of those too (and I'm a biker too and ..... OK, this is getting a little weird :))

Ali Fish
06-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Maybe MG were forced by contract to make a sequel to IL2 for Ubisoft so they released this beta under the name COD. Now they can focus on SOW and start the series with a new game based on this engine? :grin: They they can rake in the customer dollars directly without the Ubi middle man.

This way they also don't lose the name SOW like BIS did with Operation Flashpoint as Codemasters owned the name.

i dont believe 1C:MG are making this game now. they were making SOW. 2+2=4 ?

Ze-Jamz
06-29-2011, 12:08 PM
What problems do you currently have? I assume that you may be referring to MP issues, since your system is similar to mine and it's running better-than-ever for me (particularly with those blue lines gone!). I can't even suggest that it may be your flight stick, as I have one of those too (and I'm a biker too and ..... OK, this is getting a little weird :))

Constant micro freezes which are 2-3 seconds long which are followed by sound cut off and general lower FPS, I had none of these before last patch apart from sound cut which was pretty much non existant.

As I'm a online player for the most part this situation isn't good for me.

My major concern is they keep reintroducing bugs after already fixing them so where does it end?

Mysticpuma
06-29-2011, 12:29 PM
This engine can handle really GREAT things... Now I can see why it take so long to be released

Because it wasn't ready? Because it carries more bugs than a sport's cars wind shield? Because it is still Beta? Because it wasn't ready (did I mention that already? Because the terrain is the same as IL2 and pops up like Pop-corn, because the sounds cuts out in Multiplayer, because the Steam servers are horrible, because the Launcher.exe crashes, (add Wizard of Oz music) because, because, because, because, because.....because of the wonderful thing it was.......la-da-da-da-di-da-da-da-da, Oleg's off to get another job because it's not the Sim it was?

MP

Ali Fish
06-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Oleg's off to get another job because it's not the Sim it was?

MP
The Truth will out ! the extended honeymoon period is officially over....... And now a few are catching on it appears.

SOW v IL2 in my mind seems more like an explicit case of intellectual property rights dont you think, more than just a game name. funny how were back to the IL2 branding. the equation is as follows (1C+Ubisoft)-1C:maddox = IL2 Cliffs of dover.

Ali Fish
06-29-2011, 12:52 PM
BTW whats happening on the russian side of things. can anyone find out ? is their community like it is here ? do the devs talk to them at all ?

TonyD
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Constant micro freezes which are 2-3 seconds long ...

Does this only occur in MP? I can unfortunately not test this, as the fastest server I can find from the southern tip of darkest Africa has a ping of over 300, which I’m sure will introduce a whole lot of issues. I did notice in another of your posts that you run very different graphic settings to mine – if you like, I will PM you mine tonight when I get home and you can give them a try.

Ze-Jamz
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Well I have to say I'm very sceptical they can make this the sim that was promised...ever

Reason is pretty simple...resource and funding.

The things they have fixed are simple minor changes and as much as we all tug each other off in regards to 'oh my I have half decent FPS now' it's on a platform that is pretty much empty of the goodies we should and we are supposed to have.

It looks nice...great and the lighting on the AC looks fab, again great...it's 2011 for Pete sake, how do you think it should look?

It's pretty obvious they don't have the team or resources to sort this out anytime soon due to the fact there introducing old problems, I don't think you need many more clues than that...but the fanbois will keep a calling instead of looking at the facts.

They cannot afford to release this to the U.S in it's current situ so how long can they hold out? That is the question

Ze-Jamz
06-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Does this only occur in MP? I can unfortunately not test this, as the fastest server I can find from the southern tip of darkest Africa has a ping of over 300, which I’m sure will introduce a whole lot of issues. I did notice in another of your posts that you run very different graphic settings to mine – if you like, I will PM you mine tonight when I get home and you can give them a try.

Thanks mate but the issues I have and alot of people are having is not due to gfx settings, it makes no difference to how my game looks, lowering that would just give me better FPS, I mean look at my Sig I 'should' be getting way more than 40-50fps anyway even if all my settings were maxed out.

My point in this thread is basically me getting worried that the plug will be pulled in one way or the other...yes ok you have a great modding community that could turn this into a great looking, great content filled game for SP & MP but it's the basics that are broke and it's those Core things that you need to work with...

Who knows the 'next' patch will prob be called a Beta and it may fix my issues but I guarantee it will break someone else's.

addman
06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Never thought I'd say it, release the game to the modders already!:(

Purg
06-29-2011, 01:53 PM
At least the game is running for most.

Built a $2000 PC and I get to experience the splash screen for 10 seconds before 'launcher stopped responding'. Every other game I play works. :(

JG52Krupi
06-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Well apart from some stutters and low fps (40-50 online 30-40 offline) and the sound issue everythings (updated my sound drivers didnt have a problem last night on repka 1 :)) is fine I am sure it will be in a better state at the American release date.

You must remember that forums are one sided, full of ppl with problems while those that aren't having problems are playing :D

At the end of the day I am really enjoying the game warts and all :D.

TonyD
06-29-2011, 02:02 PM
... the issues I have and alot of people are having is not due to gfx settings, it makes no difference to how my game looks, lowering that would just give me better FPS, ...

I wouldn’t suggest lowering your graphic quality, it’s just that I have found that certain settings do introduce stuttering without any gain in fidelity. The way the (SP) game runs for me I find I’m constantly choosing CloD over RoF when I have some free time to fly (currently playing the ‘Spitfires over Dunkirk’ campaign), and as you say, it should run well on your set-up too.

Wolf_Rider
06-29-2011, 02:58 PM

That's not as silly as it may come across to some... been thinkin' the same thing for a while now

furbs
06-29-2011, 06:53 PM
I remember before release, Furbs said to me 'aren't you a little concerned' or some such.

I said 'not concerned at all Furbs me ole mate'.

I was wrong.

Sorry Furbs.

No worry's mate, just wish you could of told me "told you i wasn't concerned, CODs great"

Ze-Jamz
06-29-2011, 07:46 PM
No worry's mate, just wish you could of told me "told you i wasn't concerned, CODs great"

Then his Nose would grow...

Come on Furbs you know the story and what happens to people that tell lies

nearmiss
06-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Then his Nose would grow...

Come on Furbs you know the story and what happens to people that tell lies

Z-Jamz

Dedication can be described in many ways... I perceive.

Your postings in this thread have been reported several times, which means to me you've got your bowels in an uproar.

We all want a competent finished COD, and then we can expectantly wait for the always forthcoming patches.

All the whining isn't going to make things any better. Luthier is up to his ears in Alligators.

We just got another patch release, and he delivered on it just as he has the others.

I suggest you think to find more positive approach to things.

Blackdog_kt
06-30-2011, 04:08 AM
Actually, I'd already had quite a few pints and increased my methane output when I posted the thread. Equally bad for the environment according to the wife.

I'm also aware of the vapidity of the topic, but my main areas of interest with flight sims are mission building, film making and online play although I'm rubbish at all three.
These aspects of the game all have their problems. For instance, the track editor doesn't work and is very buggy, some people complain of FRAPs probs, the multiplayer issues are well known, the FMB holds deep mysteries to many.

The Forum seems to be getting a bit boring with repetitive topics, so I thought I'd try and open something more light hearted. Maybe this didn't come across too well. Unfortunately it's already become the same as all the other threads with some people firmly in the 'think positive' camp and others in the 'refund' camp.

Personally I'm in the 'just a bit bored with the whole thing' camp, and it's not because I'm lazy Blackdog. I've watched the Black Death track roughly 50 times whilst optimising in-game and CCC settings for my system. I've set up FMB with the Minensuchboot and made the little clip I posted, but had to do that with FRAPS 'on the fly' because the track editor is bugged as hell.

Ah well

I wasn't just venting at you personally and i can agree that being taken out of context and getting misunderstood happens. I'm just describing the current trend and then if i get flamed, it's a case of "the lady doth protest too much" and i can identify who these guys i'm describing really are. ;)

All in all no hard feelings, i just call it as i see it in terms of the current situation without assigning labels to people directly and then let them decide if they will identify with the description. Why? Well, so that we might improve the signal to noise ratio a bit...i have a Blenheim manual to copy that i've been putting off (among other things) and all those repetitive gnashing of teeth is getting me sidetracked :-P

baronWastelan
06-30-2011, 04:38 AM
Less than 3 weeks until the big release. Praying for a miracle...:-?

addman
06-30-2011, 11:34 AM
Well apart from some stutters and low fps (40-50 online 30-40 offline) and the sound issue everythings (updated my sound drivers didnt have a problem last night on repka 1 :)) is fine I am sure it will be in a better state at the American release date.

You must remember that forums are one sided, full of ppl with problems while those that aren't having problems are playing :D

At the end of the day I am really enjoying the game warts and all :D.

LOL! yes, just a little sound issues. It's one thing to be positive and another thing to be deluded. If you know anything about the games industry and read reviews on a weekly basis then you'd know games have been totally knee capped for less faults then CloD has. Let's pray that last patch will perform miracles, third times the charm, eh?

JG52Krupi
06-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Of course there are a number games that have been riddled with bugs and gone on to be masterpieces.

But you are clearly unbiased and see the big picture lol TOOL!

addman
06-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Of course there are a number games that have been riddled with bugs and gone on to be masterpieces.

I'm not doubting that the game might become a masterpiece but you don't seem to grasp that potential buyers wants a fully functioning game packed with features that functions properly for their 50 odd bucks. Reviewers don't care about future potential, they review games in their current condition and call it as they see it. I don't regret buying CloD, yet. I still have some faith in the developers but if I was a less informed game buyer on a tight budget then I'd probably go for a better rated game. You are correct, I see a wider picture but I'm not unbiased because I've been a IL-2 fans since before the very first IL-2 game was even released ;).

Ze-Jamz
06-30-2011, 01:00 PM

Now now Krupes, be nice.. Such a UK expression 'tool' lol anywayyy games riddled with bugs, sure Moah,MW2,COD-all masterpieces and yes they all needed updating and patching because of 'bugs' this isn't just bugs though is it?

Like it's already been said, this patch needs to work and work properly with pending release

carguy_
06-30-2011, 01:27 PM
but if I was a less informed game buyer on a tight budget then I'd probably go for a better rated game.

Less informed , impatient game buyer on a tight budget should never look for flight sims in the first place.

Thee_oddball
06-30-2011, 10:06 PM

Ah well

As a rule of thumb dutch after one has 6+ Beers one should never
A. make phone calls
B. make posts
C. and maybe the most important... don't let that alcohol induced Epiphany lead to to creep into the bedroom nudge the wife and try to land you bomber on here landing strip at 1 A.M this will lead to pilot death and burning wreckage:grin:

If she does not give you a good dressing down right then and there she will decide that you need to get up at 6 A.M while your trying to sleep off what feels like the 8th air force carpet bombing inside you skull:grin:
and then she will decide you need to spend the ENTIRE day in the garden with her under the hot sun were you will pray for death for the next 8 hours. :)

S!

mazex
06-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Just flying around in a Spit around Manston with no enemies in the air with those beautiful cockpits and atmosphere makes this game worth more than FSX with a number of expensive addons to me at least...

Skoshi Tiger
06-30-2011, 10:42 PM
A. make phone calls
B. make posts
C. and maybe the most important... don't let that alcohol induced Epiphany lead to to creep into the bedroom nudge the wife and try to land you bomber on here landing strip at 1 A.M this will lead to pilot death and burning wreckage:grin:

If she does not give you a good dressing down right then and there she will decide that you need to get up at 6 A.M while your trying to sleep off what feels like the 8th air force carpet bombing inside you skull:grin:
and then she will decide you need to spend the ENTIRE day in the garden with her under the hot sun were you will pray for death for the next 8 hours. :)

S!

Oh! Now I see where I have been going wrong all these years!

Cheers! ;)

capt vertigo
06-30-2011, 11:12 PM
I was somehow okay with the initial release being extreeeeeemely buggy, but at least I could get thru a qm before it crashed...

But I would've thought the patches would improve performance..

Now that this patch has become such an unplayable step back for me, I'm a little disappointed..

Give us a crappy product, ok, but then at least FIX it before u give out any more patches..

:/

ATAG_Dutch
07-01-2011, 09:27 AM
A. make phone calls
B. make posts

S!

:grin: An incontestable truism.