PDA

View Full Version : Repka....

Ze-Jamz
06-28-2011, 07:45 PM
I was in Repka#1 earlier and am experiencing massive lag spikes, is there an issue that you know off?

I was showing 10-20FPS on these occasions..Im normally around 40FPS so is unplayable for me

Ive only had this since the last patch so im guessing its not you?

Have you experienced sub performance since last patch?

skouras
06-28-2011, 07:48 PM
me too mate

Thee_oddball
06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
me thinks the old memory leak might be back :( what happens is this..the server(s) will run for X amount of time and then become sluggish and then unplayable till a reboot happens :(....i cam home many a time a month or so ago to a frozen DOS window :(

Ze-Jamz
06-28-2011, 10:10 PM
That server was running alot better before last patch for me...i never had micro freezes like that..

Ataros
06-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Micro freezes most probably occur because of custom skins people started to use online after the recent patch. BigRepa found even a 15mb .bmp skin in server cache today. Just imagine how long it takes to load it to server and then to your machine. In total cache contained 200+ mb of custom skins.

There are no known tools to switch off custom skins on server side. Please report it to luthier as a bug in appropriate bug-reporting threads.

Please do not use custom skins on Repka servers before it is fixed.

Memory usage also increased after the patch. It might be a memory leak.

VO101_Tom
06-29-2011, 01:05 PM

ok.

Ze-Jamz
06-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Micro freezes most probably occur because of custom skins people started to use online after the recent patch. BigRepa found even a 15mb .bmp skin in server cache today. Just imagine how long it takes to load it to server and then to your machine. In total cache contained 200+ mb of custom skins.

There are no known tools to switch off custom skins on server side. Please report it to luthier as a bug in appropriate bug-reporting threads.

Memory usage also increased after the patch. It might be a memory leak.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the info..

It may help by putting it in the server briefing if poss?