06-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Please post your patch errors here.

also please post your specs and any error logs

-Sticky-??

kilosierra
06-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Have posted it above, but I`ll paste it in here too:

snip:

I haven`t tested in a while (read: the last patch). Low fps over industrial areas seems to be fixed. Around 30 to 40 fps over the city in the German channel free flight.

However I noticed, when buildings are set to unlimited, groups of buildings are popping in and out, doesn`t happen when set to high.

Can`t set convergence and fuel load either.

Even with the fps being okay, the game still stutters.

furbs
06-25-2011, 11:08 AM
weapon and fuel loadouts still not working in single player.

Hooves
06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Sound drop out bug still occurs when a group of AI planes spawn.

furbs
06-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Hooves, have you tested that 100%? if so maybe servers can stop AI from spawning?

Strike
06-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Important:

Like previously mentioned, singleplayer loadouts non-working, but skin selection and weathering does.

Bugs:

-Completely removed the ambient reflections on aircraft (e.g no lit borders on fuselage etc to represent ambient light being reflected on the aircraft paint). Even matte camouflage paint does this if viewed from the right angle.

-The german prop-pitch is now at a better degrees/second rate, but the slider is still reversed in comparison to the majority of other planes. (tested in 110 and 109).

Requests:

-If the sound can be temporarily fixed to NOT disappear in MP like so many constantly complain about, it would greatly improve my forum experience.

-Spreading aircraft fires can cause fuel-tank fires (the medium sized flames that stretch like 10 meters behind the fuel tank). It would be nice to see the fuel tanks actually catching fire if the fire spreads to them.

-Re-implementation of PARTS of the exhaust stack effects to other/AI aircraft. I know this is resource heavy, but what about ONLY introducing the piston misfire effect due to engine damage? That would be a nice indication that the enemy's engine is struggling, and would only require the resources of rendering damaged engines, not ALL engines.

Those points would make us all happy I think :)

Lixma
06-25-2011, 11:35 AM
This...
Even with the fps being okay, the game still stutters.
Also, this from the fixed-list....
D.B. 600x - equipped craft (Bf. 109 & 110) now start parked with propellor pitch set to fine.
....doesn't work online. The pitch still starts at a weird position and proceeds to automatically wind itself ever coarser.

csThor
06-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Bug(s):

Channel Map - coordinates 188,35 - 62,7

There is a small glitch in the landscape at the coordinates (to the northeast of the crossroads north of Lillebonne), like a step in the landscape running roughly north/south. It's not tall, maybe 50cm but it causes vehicles to bounce and disappear. It's barely visible but when playing with the FMB I happened to stumble across it.

Requests:

1.) Remove 8-vehicle limit from custom columns. It's pointless and can be circumvented by editing the mission file with an editor, anyway.

2.) Allow user-defined spacing for columns (i.e. 10m, 50, 100m etc). Allow for user-defined speed for columns (that would greatly harmonize columns and allow for combination of several columns).

3.) Add "space" object to insert into column so the user can define a larger gap between certain parts of a column. Make the gap either user-defined with certain values or add several "space" objects with different gaps (i.e. 10m, 50, 100m etc).

4.) Fix detection range by ground AI and give weapons their true historical range (specifically the german howitzer which had a range of 10,675km).

5.) Add "target area" box and allow artillery to specifically target this area via the "Assign Target" button. This way artillery can shell distant targets without needing a direct line of sight.

LoBiSoMeM
06-25-2011, 11:40 AM
FRAPS stop working in fullscreen and pseudo. NVIDIA 560 Ti here, W7 x64.

NSU
06-25-2011, 11:59 AM
fix the bad hole in the map!!!!!!!
see picture:

naz
06-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Every so often my plane freezes in midair. The game continues around me but its like I just flew in to an invisible spider web and am sort of just hanging there LOL.

Flying a 109 in a downloaded single player campaign mission.

It seems (possibly) linked to firing the cannon. I have a saitek x52 so my machine guns and cannon are both mapped to the main trigger..push half way for cannons, push full trigger for both guns and cannon. Both times it has happened, I was firing a burst of the guns and then pushed the trigger all the way down to finish a Spitfire off with the cannon and... bang, spider bait. :)

Never had this happen before.

cheers :)

MadBlaster
06-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Every so often my plane freezes in midair. The game continues around me but its like I just flew in to an invisible spider web and am sort of just hanging there LOL.

Flying a 109 in a downloaded single player campaign mission.

It seems (possibly) linked to firing the cannon. I have a saitek x52 so my machine guns and cannon are both mapped to the main trigger..push half way for cannons, push full trigger for both guns and cannon. Both times it has happened, I was firing a burst of the guns and then pushed the trigger all the way down to finish a Spitfire off with the cannon and... bang, spider bait. :)

Never had this happen before.

cheers :)

It's called karma. Bad things happen when your unfaithful to an old girlfriend.

Zorin
06-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Bug(s):

Channel Map - coordinates 188,35 - 62,7

There is a small glitch in the landscape at the coordinates (to the northeast of the crossroads north of Lillebonne), like a step in the landscape running roughly north/south. It's not tall, maybe 50cm but it causes vehicles to bounce and disappear. It's barely visible but when playing with the FMB I happened to stumble across it.

Requests:

1.) Remove 8-vehicle limit from custom columns. It's pointless and can be circumvented by editing the mission file with an editor, anyway.

2.) Allow user-defined spacing for columns (i.e. 10m, 50, 100m etc). Allow for user-defined speed for columns (that would greatly harmonize columns and allow for combination of several columns).

3.) Add "space" object to insert into column so the user can define a larger gap between certain parts of a column. Make the gap either user-defined with certain values or add several "space" objects with different gaps (i.e. 10m, 50, 100m etc).

4.) Fix detection range by ground AI and give weapons their true historical range (specifically the german howitzer which had a range of 10,675km).

5.) Add "target area" box and allow artillery to specifically target this area via the "Assign Target" button. This way artillery can shell distant targets without needing a direct line of sight.

Already ask for those changes way back in April.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=20024

Ich habe die Hoffnung diesbezüglich schon aufgegeben...

Mysticpuma
06-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Random game crash.

Flying along and chose to hit Escape to go to the menu. Game window closed and I was left with the Game Icon on the task-bar showing it was still running.

Clicked the Icon and the game launched again from the Ubisoft Logo and I lost all progress in the mission.

Same happened again another time and I had to close the Luancher32.exe in System Process

I still get a stepping effect in frame-rates as though the game is running then pauses for a frame approx every second (Vsync is enabled). I think this is the 'micro stutter' issue?

Game pauses when an aircraft hits the sea for about 1/2 a second

Rear Mirror in Spitfire is just a blocky blurry mess with no detail and pointless to have enabled

No AA (still)

Can someone post a picture or video of what the propeller should look like? Mine looks like a very sharp bladed thin triangle when in motion not a blurry disk....is this correct?

Currently my only enjoyment is the incredible damage model, lighting and cockpits. Terrain pop-up is an immersion killer and erratic frame-rates are disappointing.

Running at 1920x1200

Tried 1280x720 (Lowest HD) very choppy and stuttery, no idea why

i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz
Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
6GB Corsair Dominator Hyperthreaded Memory
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC
Windows 7 Ultimate
Realtek Onboard Sound

Cheers, MP

335th_GRAthos
06-25-2011, 02:12 PM
A view centered on the gunsight for the Bf109 just as IL2FB and Rise of Flight have, is still missing.

naz
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
It's called karma. Bad things happen when your unfaithful to an old girlfriend.

LOL

First time it happened was actually immediately after I had uninstalled 1946 too!

:grin::grin:

Strike
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
:!:A view centered on the gunsight for the Bf109 just as IL2FB and Rise of Flight have, is still missing.

The "Loosen straps" feature is the new "Ctrl+F1" in Clod, but it's limited so you can't look around fully, I wish they'd fix it so you can view all around you in "loosen straps" mode, then it'd be perfect :!:

15.Span_Valalo
06-25-2011, 03:45 PM
the most important bug for me is... Not working SLI... The other bugs are 1/2 resolved and other 100%...

242Sqn_Prof
06-25-2011, 04:19 PM
The Multiplayer Map bug is still there. This is a show stopper bug, for those that have it. We cannot click on an airfield, the graphics on the Map are misaligned ? You can click all over the map, but can never select an airfield and therefore an aircraft. So we cannot use Multiplayer in Cliffs of Dover.

Orpheus
06-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Spitfire 1 & 1a still fly like an overweight milkfloat at the end of a marathon.

Map border is HIDEOUS and must be changed.

Blackdog_kt
06-25-2011, 05:03 PM
:!:

The "Loosen straps" feature is the new "Ctrl+F1" in Clod, but it's limited so you can't look around fully, I wish they'd fix it so you can view all around you in "loosen straps" mode, then it'd be perfect :!:

Actually, the loosened straps don't correspond to the gunsight view but the "normal" view. The gunsight view corresponds to tightened straps (there is less head shake in that view), that's why we can't look around too much.

SEE
06-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Spitfire 1 & 1a still fly like an overweight milkfloat at the end of a marathon.

Map border is HIDEOUS and must be changed.

+1

Strike
06-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Actually, the loosened straps don't correspond to the gunsight view but the "normal" view. The gunsight view corresponds to tightened straps (there is less head shake in that view), that's why we can't look around too much.

I stand corrected

slm
06-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Sea below the plane looks terrible when flying at low level. See the screenshot.

This rendering problem was NOT there in the first couple of patches, but now it's been like this in at least 3 last versions. You can't really play when it looks like this. I've tried changing video settings but it seems to happen no matter which values I use.

WinXP SP3, Q6600, ATI 6950 2GB.
------------------------------------
I managed to get rid of this bug. It seems it was somehow caused by old config files, see more info here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=302349
------------------------------------
It seems it was not just about old config files, as the problem returned after playing the game for a while.
But after installing latest ATI drivers from mid June, I haven't seen this rendering problem anymore. So maybe gfx driver problem more than anything else.

Thee_oddball
06-25-2011, 07:50 PM
The Multiplayer Map bug is still there. This is a show stopper bug, for those that have it. We cannot click on an airfield, the graphics on the Map are misaligned ? You can click all over the map, but can never select an airfield and therefore an aircraft. So we cannot use Multiplayer in Cliffs of Dover.
its because you must have changed the icon size in windows...mine was %125 and i had the same problem...set it back to %100 and i can click on airfields :)

S!

robtek
06-25-2011, 07:51 PM
This...

Also, this from the fixed-list....

....doesn't work online. The pitch still starts at a weird position and proceeds to automatically wind itself ever coarser.

Can't confirm this!
Tested yesterday online and it works as described, pp starts at 12:00 o'clock!

Troll2k
06-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Thank you Cheesehawk.Without your tip I would never have figured out why my 14588 maps were not working in 14821.

As much as there is to like about this sim the multiplayer gui programer must have just come back from a 3 day pass.

335th_GRAthos
06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
A view centered on the gunsight for the Bf109 just as IL2FB and Rise of Flight have, is still missing.

Guys, I appreciate your comments but I stand by my point:
I want my view as in IL2FB Shift-F1, with all my head movement and bells and whistles.
Or, as I was told in Rise of Flight, you can move the view freely inside the cockpit and then press a key to define the point you are at, as center! This would be enough.

~S~

avicena
06-25-2011, 08:22 PM
I wonder if any of you, guys, has found this problem (or bug?): when flying the Bf-109 (any of them) I can't extend the flaps with the assigned key (V), even though this key works perfectly in other planes.

csThor
06-25-2011, 08:30 PM
The flaps in the 109 are operated via a wheel. This means you must hold down the key you assigned to flaps and it will take a considerable time to lower/raise completely.

6BL Bird-Dog
06-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I Still have the micro studders even if the video settings are wound down to the lowest in the Black Death track .Luthier indicated that this fault could only be rectified by spending two months and going deep into the game code to rectify it.
This is the foundation the game is built on an for smooth running on whatever rig you run within the spec given & as long as the settings are tweaked to suit I am sure that at least It would have made the game playable for many more who purchased it .
As the team were obviously aware of it at the initial release of the game it should have been worked on from day one of the release & should be given proirity NOW for those who find the game unplayable or irritating at present which is a lot of people.Many I know have either deleted it for now or are waiting to hear from friends who have it that it has been sorted .
Once fixed even the rigs that run Clod well now will see one of the best improvements since the game was released.

Orpheus
06-25-2011, 09:12 PM
I thought they said they'd fixed the wingman commands? I can't even order my flight to attack any more!

Seriously starting to run out of patience with this XXXXXXX game. :(

CherokeeFreedom
06-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Extraneous lines while viewing Black death. Not seen until this patch was applied.

Warhound
06-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Collected these in the log since installing the official patch.

ERROR: HierMesh: Can't find chunk 'Anten3'

=================================================
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ZwCNuLYK1XFC4Ym8QXT.rTfS1lY7qYXD9ZSrXnK.m2m5PyKgND V(KMKB1Y9MRjlkiDd1tBD , String , LimbNames , Double , 0sRZsPhqN4TDfLSPB72 , Boolean )
at ZwCNuLYK1XFC4Ym8QXT.rTfS1lY7qYXD9ZSrXnK.BNg5PlANK7 7(String , Boolean )
at ZwCNuLYK1XFC4Ym8QXT.rTfS1lY7qYXD9ZSrXnK.detachLimb AsWreckage(LimbNames , Boolean )
at j3wYigotEol8OCpX4BK.glfPsVoWi9lp0c6m8SP.47XFFJJmKw (KMKB1Y9MRjlkiDd1tBD , LimbNames , Boolean , Boolean )
at j3wYigotEol8OCpX4BK.glfPsVoWi9lp0c6m8SP.hYfFmcq34r (KMKB1Y9MRjlkiDd1tBD , LimbNames , Double , Boolean )
at ZwCNuLYK1XFC4Ym8QXT.rTfS1lY7qYXD9ZSrXnK.XIlZvy4NyS ZmVmOZ7dQs(Object , Object , LimbNames , Double , Boolean )
at ZwCNuLYK1XFC4Ym8QXT.rTfS1lY7qYXD9ZSrXnK.fcm5l3KKas R(Int32 , HOufZ19q7UOT8rjaAFF , Boolean )
at ZwCNuLYK1XFC4Ym8QXT.rTfS1lY7qYXD9ZSrXnK.9vS5lfmquf F(HOufZ19q7UOT8rjaAFF , Boolean )
at ZwCNuLYK1XFC4Ym8QXT.rTfS1lY7qYXD9ZSrXnK.netInputCr eating(HOufZ19q7UOT8rjaAFF )
at pXRoFLyOmjvmjTZgg6h.ZQ0oo0yTnC2QFG6cRBP.TeVcTFPsZ2 uj21R89mLh(Object , Object )
at pXRoFLyOmjvmjTZgg6h.ZQ0oo0yTnC2QFG6cRBP.F3GvKe5lVu K(Object )
at rExK1OS0ZgQPjlwgax7.TFSr7kSBFRttp8tIMix.WdclvjSnmQ 0XIYM9Dys(Object , Object )
at rExK1OS0ZgQPjlwgax7.TFSr7kSBFRttp8tIMix.ZsHW9aOVid (Object )

SectFile load failed:
System.IO.IOException: File not found: C:\Users\Stan\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/mission/campaign/campaign_de/state.ini
at 1I2RWJShwH8730ImGyE.2NMWmUSL2YWUMbwK2Ot..ctor(Stri ng )
at 8t7FuSwb6oITIkLhLSG.P3dcOOwRZQwsaaAbPNR.lZ8VFFdI4h O(Stream , Boolean )

LongBridge: wrong width. (3)
Load static objects...
Spawn.get( Vehicle.custom_chief56 ) NOT FOUND
Mission: ActorSpawn for 'Stationary.Airfield.90_cm_SearchLight_UK1' not found

Blackdog_kt
06-25-2011, 11:35 PM
I thought they said they'd fixed the wingman commands? I can't even order my flight to attack any more!

Seriously starting to run out of patience with this XXXXXXXX game. :(

They didn't say they fixed all of them, they said more will come in the next patch.

The entire command menu was broken before, now we got some of the commands working. What happens is that they removed the commands that are still undergoing fixing so that we don't spend time selecting them only for them to have no effect.

In other words, the commands menu displays only what really works and not the entire list to avoid confusion, otherwise we'd have a series of threads to the tune of "my flight responds correctly to command X but ignores command Z".

That's why we have missing commands currently.

Blakduk
06-26-2011, 12:20 AM
Extraneous lines while viewing Black death. Not seen until this patch was applied.

These lines have been there for quite a while, not just since the last patch. I have no idea what they belong to- a 110 gets shot down by AAA in that spot and then a straight line becomes visible and hangs around. I noticed it soon after the BD track became available.

Srinidhalaya
06-26-2011, 12:52 AM
I still have the sound issue, but it is NOT related to AI spawn, as I did a test MP map without any AI and it still cuts out...
NOT AI spawn related...

Asus p8p67 deluxe mb
intel 2600k 3.4ghz
8gig ram COSAIR ddr3 @ 1600mhz
asus 580GTX 1.5gig
1200w PSU Antec1200
windows 7 64bit

MiGCap
06-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Fraps stopped working with the new patch. Bad.

AA still missing - worst case for a sim which otherwise sets new standards in visual appearance ... :rolleyes:

Positive: Prop pitch control on German aircraft.

Hooves
06-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Hooves, have you tested that 100%? if so maybe servers can stop AI from spawning?

IM more like 98% on that. EVERY time it happened int eh syndicate server, was when a group of bombers were spawned. EVERY time. But in other servers, I am not given such a warning when AI are spawning so it could be, but Im not sure. ONE thing I will say is that ALL the missions I lose sound in have AI spawning at some point or another.

Tree_UK
06-26-2011, 02:20 AM
occasionally online enemy aircraft envelpoe a white plume, not just from the rear the whole aircraft, coupled with the horendous sound bug this is a massive immersion killer, please sort it out if you are listening to us.

Tiger27
06-26-2011, 02:23 AM
I still have the sound issue, but it is NOT related to AI spawn, as I did a test MP map without any AI and it still cuts out...
NOT AI spawn related...

Asus p8p67 deluxe mb
intel 2600k 3.4ghz
8gig ram COSAIR ddr3 @ 1600mhz
asus 580GTX 1.5gig
1200w PSU Antec1200
windows 7 64bit

I havent had the sound issue more than once before, but last night when I spawned on the Repka server I had no sounds immediately, oh well nothing to do but wait until they redo the sound.

Tree_UK
06-26-2011, 02:26 AM
Dont hold your breath tiger......

Srinidhalaya
06-26-2011, 02:33 AM
IM more like 98% on that. EVERY time it happened int eh syndicate server, was when a group of bombers were spawned. EVERY time. But in other servers, I am not given such a warning when AI are spawning so it could be, but Im not sure. ONE thing I will say is that ALL the missions I lose sound in have AI spawning at some point or another.

I think its a voice actor error, when I watch the log I always get a wav not found error, and it's path is in the actor folders. Which would explain the link to AI spawn if a voice actor is reporting new aircraft in the area...

capt vertigo
06-26-2011, 04:01 AM
My ffb goes in and out more frequently. I am locking up much more often. Especially free hunt mission. This patch is a step back for me.. Before I could play at least one full mission before any crashes. I am getting launcher errors and crashes about three minutes into game. :(

Mike

furbs
06-26-2011, 06:02 AM
are there any servers out there that dont use AI so we can test?, dont think its a actor bug as mine is turned off and i still get it.

Zorin
06-26-2011, 07:47 AM
I know you are tired of the ships already, but here it goes anyway.

Good points to report:

1. The Minensuchboot 35 is now listed as such.
2. It does actually fire its main weapons.

Bugs still present.

1. The combined power of all guns (2x 10,5cm, 1x double 3,7cm and 2x single 2cm)of a Minensuchboot 35 with average gunners and a fire rate of 5 is not capable of reliably sinking a tanker while going along side it at 300m for 20 minutes! This is the state of the tanker after 20 minutes, still going at 20km/h!

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/th_screen_mboot_1.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/?action=view&current=screen_mboot_1.jpg)

2. Contrary, the tanker armed with the (that is the listed name) 3 inch 20 QWT MK.I can one shot the Minensuchboot. Additonally, in the chat window the cannon is listed as a 5 inch 20 QWT MK.I. Though the only 5 inch cannon mounted on armed merchants was the AMERICAN 5"/51 caliber gun.

Just to show you how obviously different these two cannons are:

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNBR_3-45_mk1.htm - British 12-pdr [3"/45 (7.62 cm)] 20cwt QF

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNUS_5-51_mk7.htm - US 5"/51 (12.7 cm) Marks 7

So, what gun is this supposed to be and why is the Minensuchboot made out of paper?

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/th_screen_mboot_2.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/?action=view&current=screen_mboot_2.jpg)

3. The platform on the forecastle of the tanker seams to disappear (destroyed without debris??) and therefor the gun mounted on it will float in the air.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/th_screen_mboot_3.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb107/ZorinW/?action=view&current=screen_mboot_3.jpg)

4. The top speed of the Minensuchboot 35 is wrong. It can only travel at a max 20 km/h, though its top speed actually is 18,2knots = ~33km/h.

5. Important: All armed merchants, both British and US, had their big caliber cannons mounted at the stern and not the bow!

6. The US did not arm their merchants during the BoB and until 17 November 1941, so there should be no 5" gun available for the merchant tanker.

Seriously, do you devs actually test any of these new additions to the game??

pupaxx
06-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Hi all,
no more then 3 hours testing, but I noticed a general slight decrease in performance compared to previous version, CloD is less fluid and I experienced for very first time 1-2 seconds stutters every 10-15 mins of playing (I cleared the cache folder and .ini files before patching..).
The very annoying thing is how at spawn the airplane with 'cold' cockpit and engine off is subject to wind breeze! It slide on the grass with a puff of wind!:mad:
In campaign mode (attempted 4 first time since release) the most annoying thing is that u have to warm-up your engine on scramble take-off, while your squadron leader slam opens the throttle and take off. 'Pre warmed engine' option would be great.
There would be much to say on 'slam open the throttle'....I never flown a warbird but I think when u unchains an 2000 Hp piston engine quickly opening the throttle should happens something very different from what is modelled in CloD.
Very unsatisfied :(, I can't even get a feeling with CloD

slm
06-26-2011, 08:28 AM
In settings Controls/View, there are always 2 settings for External View command. The other one cannot be deleted. Why?

Other double settings like Panview/PanLeft can be deleted, but External View cannot. Is this a bug???
-------------------
Maybe deleting those double settings isn't totally safe: I deleted several and now all my quick missions look as if it was midnight :) So totally dark.

Zorin
06-26-2011, 08:33 AM
In settings Controls/View, there are always 2 settings for External View command. The other one cannot be deleted. Why?

Other double settings like Panview/PanLeft can be deleted, but External View cannot. Is this a bug???

ON the subject of views, can anyone toggle through friendly ground/air units with shift+F2?

slm
06-26-2011, 08:54 AM
I was flying one of the quick missions. My Hurricane collided in air with an enemy fighter and the whole nose part of the plane fell down (see the screenshot). Despite this huge crash it seems no damage was done to the pilot. I could fly normally, like engine switched off.

I would think:
-the pilot would be in pretty bad shape
-controlling the plane with such huge and heavy (the engine) piece missing would be very difficult

In a similar mid-air collision, but this time with my wingman, my Bf-109 lost its tail. You can see from screenshot's texts.
I was expecting the plane to become unflyable, that it would just dive towards the ground.
But instead I was able to control the plane pretty much normally: turn the plane horizontally and vertically.

335th_GRAthos
06-26-2011, 09:06 AM
Perhaps I misunderstood your earlier question. Agreed, it would be a nice addition. But IL2FB when you used gunsight mode (Shift-F1) you lost 6DoF. Gunsight is centered, but suffers from the Pumpkin-on-a-Stick syndrome.

Thank you for this explanation Cheesehawk (6DOF), I never used 6DOF and I do not have it (I can not find it, to be precise) so, the only way currently to have the BF109 gunsight centered and free head movement to track opponents is by going to buy a new TRACKIR5.
Which is crazy (to buy a new TRACKIR5 two times the price of the game) because this stupid game does not have the option which it had during the past 10 years! :(

~S~

PS. I am sorry I posted so much discussion on a thread that was supposed to be a "Bug thread" so please do not post any further discussions about this, let's keep this thread clean.
Otherwise, I am happy with the new patch, no problems, no sound losses etc etc, SLI works fine, online game is great with the new interface, AI flies incredibly well (very often), we are on the right track and I am looking forward for the next generation of graphic cards (so that I can get some real performance graphics at high quality and high resolutions).

JG53Frankyboy
06-26-2011, 10:13 AM
does the armament menue now working or not ?!

lothar29
06-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Problems of FPS and stuttering in areas with trees and special area of the French coast, I still have under performance when the mirror of the SPITFIRE or HURRICANE are view, appearance and disappearance of buildings in the French industrial zone, view profile propellers are invisible if there is a cloud in the background of the image.

my computer:
I7 950 Overclocket 3.60GHz cooling liquid in the CPU
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
3x2Gb Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz
GTX470 Latest drivers 275.33
3x500Gb SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200 RAID0 + SSD KINGSTONE 64Gb
NOX APEX 800 MODULAR

Second GTX470 hoping to make it work in Cliffs of Dover

PS:I hope that she focus already once on the performance of the Simulator...

Skoshi Tiger
06-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I was flying one of the quick missions. My Hurricane collided in air with an enemy fighter and the whole nose part of the plane fell down (see the screenshot). Despite this huge crash it seems no damage was done to the pilot. I could fly normally, like engine switched off.

I would think:
-controlling the plane with such huge and heavy (the engine) piece missing would be very difficult

At least that's not as bad as in A10!

In one mission I had both wings blown off up to the engine pods and I ejected. The plane flew straight on, slowly decending for a period of 5 minutes before it crash landed it's self. Unfortunately I didn't get a screen shot!

Cheers!

Mattius
06-26-2011, 12:33 PM

I would think:

Another ridiculous bug. This shows that the devs are only scratching the surface when it comes to patching this so called SIM.:rolleyes:

skouras
06-26-2011, 02:14 PM
In the HENKEL 111
when i 'm flying and choose other stations the trottle goes to idle position and i have to reset it again where i have it
when i choose to fly a mission and choose the bombardier sight sometimes it shows nothing no numbers or anything just a cycle
or i get a crash on my dekstop

also what about the lego brown buildings over London
i have everything on high and very high

csThor
06-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Another bug in the landscape. West of Folkestone harbor the cliffs show a triangular hole (see attachment).

242Sqn_Prof
06-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Did you select a side first? The new GUI gives you two flags on the right side of the screen, next to the map. Pick a side, then the selectable airfields will be white. Same as before, but now you have to click a flag, instead of selecting a side from the previous drop menu.

Thanks for the tip cheesehawk. That worked. I didn't know they had made that change, it's not exactly intuitive either. :grin: But I can get in now, thanks again ! :)

ATAG_Doc
06-26-2011, 03:55 PM
:!:

+1

I for some reason cannot adjust the fuel during loadout or save loadouts.

Widowmaker214
06-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Bugs Ive seen in new patch

Until now, I didnt see any stutters. Get a small stutter now when planes spawn

Fraps no longer works.

noticed on online server, at front line where a lot of vehicles had been destroyed. If I use zoom view from cockpit to look at area, my frames drop from 40/50 down into teens.

Also had my first crash / launcher error.

990x / G1.Assissin Mobo / 12 GB DDR3 / Win7 64 bit
dual GTX 590s (running on single core)

bigchump
06-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Retail patch DECREASED my fps by about 10%.
Now the prop on my Hurri stutters on external view.
Launcher.exe disappeared from my Nvidia Control Panel.
Gonna play with my conf.ini (again).
American release may re-start the cold war unless the serious crap (SLI/SOUND) is fixed.
Rant over.

robtek
06-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Not related to this patch, i believe.
Ju88 loadout, fuel max. is about 3270 liters -> that only works when there are tanks in the internal bomb-bays -> those tanks are missing in the load-out with their limitations.
Now you can load max fuel and fill the bomb-bays with 28 x 50 kg bombs.

335th_GRAthos
06-26-2011, 10:06 PM
The Multiplayer screen, the one with the two flags on top.
On the REPKA #islands server the server screen shows 12RED and 13BLUE players next to the respective flags, even if there is not a single person in the server.

EDIT: and then the server crashed, launcher crashed etc etc. And reconnecting, everything was OK.

DIREGARD THIS POST, SORRY

~S~

jg27_mc
06-26-2011, 11:22 PM
I am getting launcher.exe crashes almost every time I fly the quick mission "free flight". This odd crash seems to only be happening when performing a vertical dive towards the sea firing all the guns of my Bf 109 E3. :confused:

Here are my logs:

Crash log

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: launcher.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4d6e3d08
Problem Signature 04: core
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4e047eee
Problem Signature 07: ba3
Problem Signature 08: 18
Problem Signature 09: System.AccessViolationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2070
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

CloD log

------------ BEGIN log session -------------
[00:10:29] 1>aa
[00:10:44] Loading mission ...
[00:10:44] Load landscape...
[00:10:48] Load bridges
[00:10:48] LongBridge: wrong width. (3)
[00:10:49] Load static objects...
[00:10:50] Server: JG27-MC will fly for the Blue forces.
[00:10:52] Mission loaded. time = 7.751
[00:10:53] Battle starting...

conf.ini

[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1080
posLeft=0
posTop=0
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1
Frequency=60

[NET]
speed=100000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=1
maxPlayers=255
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=
host=84.17.22.14
port=27016

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=1
LOGTIME=1
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=1

[rts]
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=2
Sky=3
Forest=2
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=3
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=0
MeshStatics=3
MeshStaticsDetail=2
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.SSAO=0
TexFlags.VSync=1
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=1
vgMaster=7
vgVoice=7
vgMusic=7

[game]
mapPadX=0.6776041
mapPadY=-0.03981481

Regards.

Warhound
06-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Had a strange bug today while flying online in the Ju-88, tried to use the bombsight and my game turned into a slideshow (1FPS every 5-10seconds), sound died simultaneously aswell. In 3rd person it was still flyable but FPS dropped steadily till a launcher.exe crash occured.

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Stan\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\3318896297669463043.jpg' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at Nw4p6QxBPg4CZOmAIOs.nAfVQbxZ89nP4jNSoA1.IRs5trBn2v Y(UInt64 , String , Int32 )

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Stan\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\cache\3318896297669463043.jpg' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.I

for what it's worth the JPG refered to is a 109 skin from someone on the server but noone else reported perf issues , other Ju-88 pilot who was flying tried his bombsight and didn't have issues either

335th_GRAthos
06-27-2011, 12:00 AM
JU-88 startup sequence:

It seems that the JU88 cockpit has fuel cocks #3 -#8 which are selectable and can be switched on with the mouse but, are completely useless because you need to open cock #1 for the left engine and #2 for the right engine but they are not selectable on the cockpit and you can only open them setting keyboard keys.

EDIT: No bug

Fuelcocks 1 and 2 work for me with the mouse..they are hidden behind your seat on the leftside though. Once you find em just click and the engines will run just fine.

The fuel cocks behind the seat select which feeder tank each engine is fed from (left/right tank or both).

The rest of the fuel controls in the switchboard (on the left side of the cockpit) are probably fuel pumps.

Thanks for the advice and explanations guys.

~S~

Thee_oddball
06-27-2011, 12:02 AM
Had a strange bug today while flying online in the Ju-88, tried to use the bombsight and my game turned into a slideshow (1FPS every 5-10seconds), sound died simultaneously aswell. In 3rd person it was still flyable but FPS dropped steadily till a launcher.exe crash occured.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at Nw4p6QxBPg4CZOmAIOs.nAfVQbxZ89nP4jNSoA1.IRs5trBn2v Y(UInt64 , String , Int32 )

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.I

for what it's worth the JPG refered to is a 109 skin from someone on the server but noone else reported perf issues , other Ju-88 pilot who was flying tried his bombsight and didn't have issues either

try clearing cache

Thee_oddball
06-27-2011, 12:06 AM
I am getting launcher.exe crashes almost every time I fly the quick mission "free flight". This odd crash seems to only be happening when performing a vertical dive towards the sea firing all the guns of my Bf 109 E3. :confused:

Here are my logs:

Crash log

Problem signature:
Locale ID: 2070

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

CloD log

------------ BEGIN log session -------------
[00:10:29] 1>aa
[00:10:44] Loading mission ...
[00:10:44] Load landscape...
[00:10:48] Load bridges
[00:10:48] LongBridge: wrong width. (3)
[00:10:49] Load static objects...
[00:10:50] Server: JG27-MC will fly for the Blue forces.
[00:10:52] Mission loaded. time = 7.751
[00:10:53] Battle starting...

conf.ini

[BOB]
EpilepsyFilter=0

[window]
DepthBits =24
StencilBits=8
DrawIfNotFocused=0
SaveAspect=0
Render=D3D10_0
width=1920
height=1080
posLeft=0
posTop=0
ColourBits=32
FullScreen=1
ChangeScreenRes=1
Frequency=60

[NET]
speed=100000
localPort=27015
serverName=My Server
serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
serverInfo1=
serverInfo2=
serverInfo3=
serverInfo4=
VAC=1
maxPlayers=255
socksEnable=0
socksHost=
socksPort=1080
socksUser=
socksPwd=
host=84.17.22.14
port=27016

[Console]
IP=20001
UseStartLog=1
WRAP=1
PAUSE=1
HISTORY=1024
HISTORYCMD=1024
PAGE=20
LOG=1
LOGTIME=1
LOAD=console.cmd
SAVE=console.cmd
LOGFILE=log.txt
LOGKEEP=1

[rts]
; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
mouseUse=2
joyUse=1
trackIRUse=1

[rts_mouse]
SensitivityX=1.0
SensitivityY=1.0
SensitivityZ=1.0
Invert=0
SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
FF=1

[core]
RandSeed = 0
TexQual=3
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
Shadows=1
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
LandShading=2
LandDetails=2
Sky=3
Forest=2
VisibilityDistance=3
LandGeom=2
DrawCollisions=1
Water=-1
Effects=2
EffFlags.Light=1
EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
Grass=3
CordEffect=1
UseFog=0
UseLandCube=1
UseLandConnectedObject=1
LinearObjectManager=1
Roads=1
Sun=1
Clouds=1
EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
ShadowMapSize=5
TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
Decals=2
EffFlags.SWLight=0
TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
MegaTexture=0
TexFlags.Reflection=0
RenderTargetQual=3
MSAA=0
MeshStatics=3
MeshStaticsDetail=2
SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
MeshFirstLod=0
MeshShowLod=0
SpawnHumans=0
TexFlags.SSAO=0
TexFlags.VSync=1
TexFlags.FastTransparency=1

[sound]
SoundUse=1
DebugSound=0
SoundEngine=1
Speakers=1
Placement=0
SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
RadioFlags.Enabled=1
RadioEngine=2
MusicVolume=14
ObjectVolume=7
MusState.takeoff=1
MusState.inflight=1
MusState.crash=1
MusFlags.play=1
MasterVolume=14
Attenuation=7
SoundMode=0
SamplingRate=0
NumChannels=2
SoundExt.occlusions=1
SoundFlags.hardware=1
SoundFlags.streams=1
SoundFlags.duplex=1
SoundExt.acoustics=1
SoundExt.volumefx=1
SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
SoundFlags.static=1
VoiceVolume=8
Channels=1
SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
SoundExt.extrender=0
SoundSetupId=8
ActivationLevel=0.02
Preemphasis=0.8
RadioLatency=0.5
AGC=1
PTTMode=1
RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
ActLevel=9
MicLevel=10
SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
speakers=1
vgMaster=7
vgVoice=7
vgMusic=7

[game]
mapPadX=0.6776041
mapPadY=-0.03981481

Regards.
Problem signature:

An access violation occurs in unmanaged or unsafe code when it attempts to read or write to memory that has not been allocated, or to which it does not have access. Not all reads or writes through bad pointers lead to access violations, so an access violation usually indicates that several reads or writes have occurred through bad pointers, and that memory might be corrupted.

do u have a way to test your memory?

Warhound
06-27-2011, 12:14 AM
try clearing cache

Done that right after posting here..not relaunched CLOD and tried the bombsight yet though.

jg27_mc
06-27-2011, 12:30 AM
An access violation occurs in unmanaged or unsafe code when it attempts to read or write to memory that has not been allocated, or to which it does not have access. Not all reads or writes through bad pointers lead to access violations, so an access violation usually indicates that several reads or writes have occurred through bad pointers, and that memory might be corrupted.

Thank you for the feedback.

Done that with prime95, IntelBurnTest and Memtest86+ v4.20 during my last OC settings not long ago (+- 2 months).

Will test memory again to see if I can find anything...

I was suspicious of my HDD raid 0 configuration, although the drives seem to be ok, done some tests already. I'm also playing CoD Black Ops and the game is running flawless in max settings 4x AA. Actually my system is bullet proof for the last 2 months or so. I only started to get this errors with the latest patch (coincidence?). A memory leak maybe?

Event viewer logs

Application: Launcher.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Stack:
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Syste m.IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.SignatureStruct ByRef, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(System .IRuntimeMethodInfo, System.Object, System.Object[], System.Signature, System.Reflection.MethodAttributes, System.RuntimeType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(System. Object, System.Reflection.BindingFlags, System.Reflection.Binder, System.Object[], System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(System.Object[])
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Syste m.Object)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok e()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(In tPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(Sys tem.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(Syste m.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl( System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(Syst em.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at yRwWjNgQNEU4kyh55mG.3QfAgsg89ANZD6dfoaj.a09T2X48Hh s7jFx2xyr1()
at yRwWjNgQNEU4kyh55mG.3QfAgsg89ANZD6dfoaj.f2BvdqXwMt S()
at EnMYergvrlW7qtrB2TR.wUdJX5ggmce860joR1I.ovx5cHGW0R r(EnMYergvrlW7qtrB2TR.wUdJX5ggmce860joR1I, System.String[], System.String, System.String)
at HexoWLH6A40ZA76sEaQ.nGqt00HNHKWUH1xd7t0.V26YdLohd7 yEmprS5cUh(System.Object, System.Object, System.Object, System.Object)
at HexoWLH6A40ZA76sEaQ.nGqt00HNHKWUH1xd7t0.UaIprIw2wO P(System.String[])
at maddox.Launch.3cnKDdGWf1QI8Fl3kT8(System.Object)
at maddox.Launch.Program(System.String[])
at Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: Launcher.exe_Launcher, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d6e3d08
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7bafa
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000b727
Faulting process id: 0x588
Faulting application start time: 0x01cc34563c904197
Faulting application path: d:\games\steam\steamapps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: cffdb6f1-a049-11e0-aba8-002618fd2048

Regards.

Thee_oddball
06-27-2011, 12:48 AM
@jg27 mc a memory leak is a distinct possibility considering we had that in the beginning with the DED servers and a DED server is just the CORE of the game .

S!

jg27_mc
06-27-2011, 01:37 AM
@jg27 mc a memory leak is a distinct possibility considering we had that in the beginning with the DED servers and a DED server is just the CORE of the game .

S!

Thanks for the info. I hope I don't get this error when flying online, haven't flown online much lately... :(

Regards.

Blackdog_kt
06-27-2011, 06:56 AM
JU-88 startup sequence:

It seems that the JU88 cockpit has fuel cocks #3 -#8 which are selectable and can be switched on with the mouse but, are completely useless because you need to open cock #1 for the left engine and #2 for the right engine but they are not selectable on the cockpit and you can only open them setting keyboard keys.

~S~

You can click on them "through" the seat if you hover the mouse above them but yes, it's easier to set them to a keyboard command.

As for the rest of the fuel switches, these are part of the fuel delivery system.

The Ju88 has a lot of different fuel tanks and configurations (like Robtek said, with optional ones in the bomb bays) but only one feeder tank per engine. What this means is that each engine only gets fuel from one tank and the fuel from the rest of the tanks need to be pumped into those feeder tanks first because they can't be pumped directly to the engine (they are connected in series). The extra switches are there to let the pilot control which tank will be pumped into the feeder tank first, or close one down in case of leaks, etc.

That being said, i don't exactly know how it works so i just turn everything on :-P

Tree_UK
06-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Everytime I fly online I get disconnected, along with my squad mates as the whole server goes down, we also suffer massive lag spikes yet our pings to the servers are good. Is this because we are going through Steam, or is game releated or just a badly setup server. Is anyone else experiencing this?

JG52Krupi
06-27-2011, 07:45 AM
I have yet to experience disconnection like that tree. I started flying online yesterday and have started to get bsod, I think the weather is pushing my CPU overclock over the safety margin... :(.

Which server do you use btw?

Tree_UK
06-27-2011, 09:10 AM
I have yet to experience disconnection like that tree. I started flying online yesterday and have started to get bsod, I think the weather is pushing my CPU overclock over the safety margin... :(.

Which server do you use btw?

Weve been flying on the Repka full real server, we only fly on the channel maps, but to be honest where ever we have gone the server as gone down within an hour.
If you think your CPU is running hot restart the PC straight away and go into Bios that will give you your temps, but if the PC starts straight up its usually an indication that its not an heat issue, as normally the CPU has to cool down a wee bit before the PC will restart. PM me for my phone number if you need more help mate.

JG52Krupi
06-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Okay thanks for heads up good to hear its not a heat issue as the pc starts up straighty away. Last time it happened i grabbed the code it was a 124 number so apparently it's hardware related, I plan on running a memory test and checking the overclock stability tonight.

It is about time I reinstalled windows as well so I might do that first.

Tree_UK
06-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Okay thanks for heads up good to hear its not a heat issue as the pc starts up straighty away. Last time it happened i grabbed the code it was a 124 number so apparently it's hardware related, I plan on running a memory test and checking the overclock stability tonight.

It is about time I reinstalled windows as well so I might do that first.

124 error is most likely your overclock, try tweaking it down a little, or up the vcore voltage very slightly, mine is on 1.4

Purg
06-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one with this one - Launcher crashes within 10 seconds of starting. Sometimes it'll return back to desktop and other times it'll load the game (but can't actually play)

Problem signature:
Problem Signature 07: c75
Problem Signature 08: 8
Locale ID: 3081

New PC (built a few days ago mainly to play ClOD) and it's the only game I can't play. :\

Decker_runner65
06-27-2011, 01:31 PM
hi all again waited for patch seem to be not getting better,my game launcer keep saying it crashed,seem to be a ram loop problem in my pc were it doznt renew as when i finish a single mission and press esc ,it gose back to deck top and i cant get out of the window on the desk top,plus the piture on the deck top usely isnt there i get black screen ,if i press esc again back to the game but i want to finish ??it running abit smoother,but then it seem my ram is used up ,game starts to shutter,and because i cant get to exit game i end up haveing to press ctrl alt and del to close it down?? im loseing heart with this , even if to be renewed at a later date on the hope,that this patch with fix it.

intel core 2 duo cpu at 2.66 mhz
ram is 4gb 1333mhz
vista 32
palit 460 gtx sonic dx11-one gb

last has the fan been played with seem my pc running hotter by a couple of degrees
ive told you some of the problem im haveing,but main problem is the ram ,it like it doznt loop ,which if i dont shut it down it will crash on me., im sry but a idea comes to mind,birds of prey gfx and cliff of dover planes,plus ive heard your working on the sound which is good a great let down there,apart from that ,keep on keeping on the game great, wish i could fly it for more than 20 mins,this is were i begg for you to think of the low pc useser,and try to meet there need 1st get it right with them the rest will fall in to place~

adonys
06-28-2011, 10:56 AM
- schwarm of 12 stukas equipped with airfield bombing ordnance always result in having the first 2 stukas making a ground target attack near the airfield, then returning home

- kaczmarek of a bf109 Rotte 99% of the cases returning home without any apparent reason

- taking of as a schwarm leader will have AI ignore you as their leader, unless you're giving your plane's controls to AI and have it taking off for you

Requests:
- command to signal that you saw (new) bogyes to your flight (eventually at a specific direction (9'o clock, etc), relative height (high above, etc))

- FMB: make waypaths independent of actors, and assignable to them via a script command (to can dynamically assign different flightpaths/missions to the same flight)

furbs
06-28-2011, 04:35 PM
Guys we might as well stop posting in this thread, no one is listening.

Truppen
06-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Hello, I continue having the problem of the launcher.exe, from previous patches.
It takes place when I select complete screen, in deactivated way the problem does not happen.
My PC:
CPU I7 940 2,93Gh
RAM 6 GB
Plate ASUS P6T
GPU XFX GTX285 1GB
Source 900 w KRYPTON
SO W7 Home 64 bit

Regards

JG52Krupi
06-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Hello, I continue having the problem of the launcher.exe, from previous patches.
It takes place when I select complete screen, in deactivated way the problem does not happen.
My PC:
CPU I7 940 2,93Gh
RAM 6 GB
Plate ASUS P6T
GPU XFX GTX285 1GB
Source 900 w KRYPTON
SO W7 Home 64 bit

Regards

Check game file integrity using steam to be on the safe side, might help.

335th_GRAthos
06-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Spitfire Ia

I get hit on the radiators, water (white foam) is leaking out until it stops. I presume the whole water got out.
water temperature remains unimpessed ;)

Crash land, badly shot up:
left wintip missing,
damaged hydraulics on left side
Flaps left side do not extend (only right side extends)
wheel left side do not extend (only right side extends)
crash land at the airport and slide all the way as if I was on landing on soap. (no friction)

Remo
06-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Some issues with the current patch for me.

1. Luther said something about the terrain/water stipe issue being sorted ( not sure if he meant it was sorted in this patch , cause it isn't fixed for me ) he might have been talking about the next path though..

2. In the Multiplayer Lobby of a server . The display of the current roster (ie where you select your side) does not always display. I had to quit the game and reconnect before the gui would display the roster correctly.

3. Multi engine controls (I only used the bf110 c4 and c7 )
3.1 during several flights on one of the full real servers (at least CEM was enabled, cant be full real if the aircraft names are displayed) I would sometimes loose the ability to change my right engine's prop pitch ( I have right and left on separate switches ) , after some time around a 30-60 seconds it will start responding again, if you did not break her in a dive that is.. , this is a bit of an issue in a battle , the 110 is already quite sluggish to stick input, now you fry your engines cause the pitch simply wont change..

3.2 during the same flights above The oil radiators closed by them selves although the joystick lever they are mapped to was not touched (in the full open position), just adjusting the lever a bit will open them instantaneously again. This happened several times during several flights. The water radiators that is mapped the a lever next to the oil did NOT display this behavior during any of the flights. I'm not 100% sure but 3.1 and 3.2 might be related seems to notice the oil radiator is closed usually while I struggle to get my right engine's prop pitch to comply with input. And sometimes it was only the right engine's oil radiator that was closed ( although I have BOTH engines mapped to the same lever )..

4. Air craft dots (ie distant aircraft) display in front of terrain that is suppose to hide it.. Quite noticeable on the one online island map , when an aircraft fly behind one of the mountain the dot (plus the players name) would not get hidden by the terrain , instead the dot is rendered in front of the terrain ( seems like some zbuffer issue ) ..

HW: 8 core Map Pro
VID: 4870 512Mb
RAM: 48Gb
Drivers: Latest Catalyst drivers.

Most settings on to high except for textures ( set on LOW )

Ze-Jamz
06-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Spitfire Ia

I get hit on the radiators, water (white foam) is leaking out until it stops. I presume the whole water got out.

left wintip missing,
crash land at the airport and slide all the way as if I was on landing on soap. (no friction)

Hmm..lets not talk about how many times ive completely toasted a 109, ruptured its fuel tanks and it still outruns most things, it performs moves like it hasnt been touched..

People go on about the damage models being fantastic in this game..really? where? cuz i see alot more Dmg points than in Il2 which scores hits but i dont see the actual Hit to dmg working very well at all tbh

Srinidhalaya
06-28-2011, 10:32 PM
2 during the same flights above The oil radiators closed by them selves although the joystick lever they are mapped to was not touched

This happened to me with a spitfire, except instead of oil radiator it was fuel mixture.

White Owl
06-29-2011, 05:07 AM
I started the RAF campaign again. Haven't played it for the last few patches, so I can't be sure the problem started with this one...

Every single mission is listed as a failure, no matter what happens. I can take off, stay with my group, shoot down four German bombers, then land back at Tangemere with my group, and the game tells me "Mission Failure."

It didn't work that way the first time I played the campaign.

GOZR
06-29-2011, 05:40 AM
I try my best to be positive.. but it is hard at that stage .. There are effects and some graphics that are border line .. it's still not ok imo.. I really ...really hope for the best but some things need to change..
The whole actual Gui remind me something from 1999 Microsoft CFS , over shy, over small , big txt , over framed , over use of shadows etc..
Do not be shy to show aircraft in big ( skinners will be happy ) and really ovoid the stamp effects of pictures and txt.

Here a quick sample idea... that goes for map view, missions etc..

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/Launcher-2011-06-28-21-35-18-57-2.jpg
.VS
Original
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/Launcher-2011-06-28-21-47-20-74.jpg

---
Now look at the pilot i made for il2 ( low poly )....

This is IL2
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/il2fb-2010-11-18-17-21-48-67.jpg
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/il2fb-2011-06-20-21-50-08-09.jpg
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/il2fb-2011-06-20-21-50-40-77.jpg

IL2 CloD
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/il2cod1.jpg
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/il2cod.jpghttp://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/Launcher-2011-06-28-21-44-51-33.jpg

The CloD English pilot is little bit weird !

===

Edited:
CloD original
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/Launcher-2011-06-29-00-34-21-06.jpg

.vs
http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/GOZR/Launcher--57.jpg

Tree_UK
06-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Guys dont waste your time posting bugs, luthier hasnt logged on since the 24th, its clear he isn't reading this.

Luffe
06-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Come on, Tree.

I'm quite sure you know that you don't have to log in to read the forum.

In any case, the patch has been out for less than a week, surely feedback from the users is more relevant than devs saying hello.

JG52Krupi
06-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Come on, Tree.

I'm quite sure you know that you don't have to log in to read the forum.

In any case, the patch has been out for less than a week, surely feedback from the users is more relevant than devs saying hello.

He would rather try to spread panic than post something useful :(

jimbop
06-29-2011, 08:56 AM
He would rather try to spread panic than post something useful :(

Who do you mean - Tree or Luthier?

Luffe
06-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Haha :P

David198502
06-29-2011, 09:07 AM
Spitfire Ia

left wintip missing,

experienced the same with the bf, water leaks until it stops.no problem to continue to fight and fly, no temperature problem whatsoever.

David198502
06-29-2011, 09:10 AM
This happened to me with a spitfire, except instead of oil radiator it was fuel mixture.

i had that as well with the bf.first i thought it was my fault.but it happened several times that my oil radiator was closed.normaly when i begin to fly a mission, the first thing i do is open the oil radiator and then the water radiator.
it happened too often that it could be my fault, especially after you mention it too, im positive that its a bug and not me.

JG52Krupi
06-29-2011, 09:18 AM

:grin: well played

jimbop
06-29-2011, 09:26 AM
:grin: well played

Sorry but I couldn't resist! ;)

On a serious note, I disagree with Tree here. Having thought about it, the bug threads are a deep resource that will eventually be useful regardless of whether they are being monitored right now. In the short term there are enough obvious bugs to fix without referring to them.

rakinroll
06-29-2011, 09:34 AM
After the last patch:
I still got freezes and this time much more, new problem for me is the game crashing, sound cut problem is still here and fps is lower then ever.

FG28_Kodiak
06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Do you have cleaned your cache folder and steam checked the files?

If you have a Ati card, rename or delete the Ubi Logo and use the pseudo fullscreen mode. With that i 've 10fps more without stutter.

JG52Krupi
06-29-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm actually surprised I get 40 - 50 fps online with pseudo full screen (no crossfire) can only imagine what I will get when crossfire is sorted for my 5970.

Kankkis
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
After the last patch:
I still got freezes and this time much more, new problem for me is the game crashing, sound cut problem is still here and fps is lower then ever.

I got more freezes with latest patch too if there is AI planes, in solo its very smooth.

Kankkis
06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
I'm actually surprised I get 40 - 50 fps online with pseudo full screen (no crossfire) can only imagine what I will get when crossfire is sorted for my 5970.

But with pseudo there is no possibility put vsync on of course, i cannot look that tearing.

JG52Krupi
06-29-2011, 10:37 AM
But with pseudo there is no possibility put vsync on of course, i cannot look that tearing.

Haven't seen any screen tearing myself... odd

Kankkis
06-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Haven't seen any screen tearing myself... odd

When turning your head with tir, check cockpit windowframes, they are tearing really badly

Of course its not cod only problem, all sims what i play tears really badly without vsync, A-10 and RoF.

Just try it with fullscreen and vsync on and off then you see what i mean.

TheEnlightenedFlorist
06-29-2011, 11:01 AM
In multiplayer maps, at spawn points, if you try to create a flight of 3 or greater, the flight is automatically reduced by one. In other words, if I try to create a flight of 4 JU-88s, I get 3. If I try to create a flight of 3 HE-111s, I get 2. This only seems to happen at blue spawn points and is not dependent on the type of aircraft.

Also, the wheel brakes in the Stuka do not work.

albx
06-29-2011, 11:01 AM
ok, i'll post here also

ATI 6950 catalyst 11.6 (tested with 11.5 and is the same)
windows 7 x64

Purg
06-29-2011, 01:54 PM
When turning your head with tir, check cockpit windowframes, they are tearing really badly

Of course its not cod only problem, all sims what i play tears really badly without vsync, A-10 and RoF.

That's the point of vsync - to stop the tearing. It's not the game, it's the monitor.

TheEditor
06-29-2011, 02:16 PM

I would think:

You think that's bad, what about oil spraying your windshield and your engine is gone just like your screenshot!

JG52Krupi
06-29-2011, 02:32 PM

Fulscreen reduces my fps online due to poor crossfire performance.

I will have look at full screen, is that online, offline of both?

JG52Krupi
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
That's the point of vsync - to stop the tearing. It's not the game, it's the monitor.

Lol he known that :D but v sync is causing some ppl problems.

Fps is better for 5970 in pseudo but you can't access v sync.

But you are right it could be his monitor.

furbs
06-29-2011, 09:22 PM
For what its worth...heres another.

Spit 1a not using any fuel online.

whoarmongar
06-29-2011, 09:43 PM
For what its worth...heres another.

Spit 1a not using any fuel online.

Yes it is, try flying a long time. The guage only shows your reserve tank, there should be a button to press to read the other tank but im not sure its in this sim.
But trust me you are using fuel. I have landed with only 7 gallons left in the tank

furbs
06-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Ok thanks...i will check it.

kakkola
06-29-2011, 11:37 PM
No AA working!!!!

Win 7
phenom x4 965 3.4 OC at 3.61ghz
gtx 570 1280 mb

Warhound
06-30-2011, 12:07 AM
Copy/paste from another thread so it get's more chance of being read.

I can confirm the Ju-88 bombbaydoors act strange, fully open them manually (either by cockpit or keys) and after a single bomb they will close again. Would make more sense if dropping the bombs didn't automatically open and close the doors so we had full control over the process. Dropping many in very quick succession forces them open as long as your distributor delay is set 0.
The salvo quantity indeed does not react, either to clicking in cockpit or mapped keys.

On a similar note the He-111 P2's 2nd magneto is unclickable, it does work via keymapings though and also works in cockpit in the He-111 H2.

And a few more error messages that show up during gameplay(mostly online).
CLOD files were checked before posting and they come back as "all files successfully validated" on Steam

-Load bridges
LongBridge: wrong width. (3)

-Spawn.get( Armor.custom_chief47 ) NOT FOUND

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at WcaIP9YS22kpMXbKbQv.SsJ7fhYG50d5Vf0ggli..ctor(IMes h , String )
at 5a3Rsr703dI81NSmcbh.NQ7Ouv7BLjDDVsemqWx.L8A7loXgNW E(lGJR0AHDGyN9d8lUfKG , String , Double , Double )
at ZwCNuLYK1XFC4Ym8QXT.rTfS1lY7qYXD9ZSrXnK.yhE5PPwTjR k()
at 4T1rvpiZsAEQS0I4ofE.CPlB15iewFGZm6jEi30.HnQONHe7T1 i(HOufZ19q7UOT8rjaAFF )
at 4T1rvpiZsAEQS0I4ofE.CPlB15iewFGZm6jEi30.netInput(H OufZ19q7UOT8rjaAFF )
at 7uVsgGGRMQ1vm7up5IS.eIqU8XGETeyfQgpLViK.5nrvlpiQd8 4(HOufZ19q7UOT8rjaAFF )

at 5xbYH83KUkjpPZSQLkI.BeUUfW375eeacr7PlmL.ambpsgZcol U()
at 5xbYH83KUkjpPZSQLkI.BeUUfW375eeacr7PlmL.GdKpsUcO83 E(String )
at 5xbYH83KUkjpPZSQLkI.BeUUfW375eeacr7PlmL.mJlpsAEO6h S(uTsm1b3k9TnJdqJApc9 )
at 5xbYH83KUkjpPZSQLkI.BeUUfW375eeacr7PlmL.TlDp99tDJ8 J(CPlB15iewFGZm6jEi30 )
at XZmlFsbJ6gIQMfdFbeY.pcUMPGbdkovZjoRTbLH.objwqHz1iZ m6DBTY6nm(Object , Object )
at XZmlFsbJ6gIQMfdFbeY.pcUMPGbdkovZjoRTbLH.leave()
at bhCNdaL7U0fHcvvLDp3.wiyPawL48rdbR2c5Lbi.leave()
at 4T1rvpiZsAEQS0I4ofE.CPlB15iewFGZm6jEi30.destroy()
at nj9eaRIaB7lQPjHstDe.4niqsmIVKFlqyjtWDYQ.kdXnoIoQJ0 4RAsiAmdGe(Object )
at nj9eaRIaB7lQPjHstDe.4niqsmIVKFlqyjtWDYQ.6UBpTiTbja D(eIqU8XGETeyfQgpLViK )

System.Exception: Network: Channel is destroyed.
at nj9eaRIaB7lQPjHstDe.4niqsmIVKFlqyjtWDYQ.lkLvN7PR7A H(wmdsRToiLvuBJdSMEcq , Boolean )
at 7uVsgGGRMQ1vm7up5IS.eIqU8XGETeyfQgpLViK.rYOVK6KHmD (4niqsmIVKFlqyjtWDYQ , wmdsRToiLvuBJdSMEcq )
at 4T1rvpiZsAEQS0I4ofE.CPlB15iewFGZm6jEi30.DvFON6l3in N(Boolean )
at AWswTSqgAeh1dfAiT2a.FRrGnNqbLvOG5wEcba9.j0gfTrMGI9 eGBK8GHvmV(Object , Boolean )
at AWswTSqgAeh1dfAiT2a.FRrGnNqbLvOG5wEcba9.k9oOw4cp2m 3(CPlB15iewFGZm6jEi30 )
at AWswTSqgAeh1dfAiT2a.FRrGnNqbLvOG5wEcba9.ERGUNYMGsx fJQ96rO5Fs(Object )
at AWswTSqgAeh1dfAiT2a.FRrGnNqbLvOG5wEcba9.tTbOwMd9ij M(GameEventId , Object , Object , Int32 )

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Stan\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\Free Hunt LG.jpg'.
File name: 'C:\Users\Stan\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single\Free Hunt LG.jpg'
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.SetupDe coderFromUriOrStream(Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, Guid& clsId, Boolean& isOriginalWritable, Stream& uriStream, UnmanagedMemoryStream& unmanagedMemoryStream, SafeFileHandle& safeFilehandle)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapDecoder.CreateF romUriOrStream(Uri baseUri, Uri uri, Stream stream, BitmapCreateOptions createOptions, BitmapCacheOption cacheOption, RequestCachePolicy uriCachePolicy, Boolean insertInDecoderCache)
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.FinalizeC reation()
at System.Windows.Media.Imaging.BitmapImage.EndInit()
at qecImmTPlGd3fGa4fLS.hjRDnuTraLBfn8s8tLi.rwtvyDRSYF P(TdALLdTIjbkyBKxiIc4 )

System.InvalidOperationException: Specified element is already the logical child of another element. Disconnect it first.
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ChangeLogicalParen t(DependencyObject newParent)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.AddLogicalChild(Ob ject child)
at System.Windows.Controls.ContentControl.OnContentCh anged(Object oldContent, Object newContent)
at System.Windows.Controls.ContentControl.OnContentCh anged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged( DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged( DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChan ge(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveVal ue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.InvalidateProperty (DependencyProperty dp)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.Invalida te(Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValu e(Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.ScheduleTran sfer(Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.NewValueAvailabl e(Boolean dependencySourcesChanged, Boolean initialValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.UpdateSourceVa lueState(Int32 k, ICollectionView collectionView, Object newValue, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.OnDependencyPr opertyChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyProperty dp, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.OnSourceInvalida tion(DependencyObject d, DependencyProperty dp, Boolean isASubPropertyChange)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.HandleProper tyInvalidation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.OnProper tyInvalidation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.OnPropertyIn validation(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependentList.InvalidateDependents( DependencyObject source, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs sourceArgs)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChan ge(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveVal ue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(Dep endencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(Dependenc yProperty dp, Object value)
at System.Windows.Controls.ToolTipService.SetToolTip( DependencyObject element, Object value)
at YkTybcT7yCQI8PQMvsx.5fBov6T43EtZLiFiFVJ.ZdipxWdfUQ N()
at m1fffIF8NpDBcmLTXFi.KlNOTtF0PpmYF0bW4wk.EvhVt5kWL6 6()
at sdyjEu08bhugRy6np0w.obJCBq00F1LYX5m0ks4.WB1OAhNTdw x(Boolean , Boolean )

Kankkis
06-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Fulscreen reduces my fps online due to poor crossfire performance.

I will have look at full screen, is that online, offline of both?

Of course it is 30\60 fps because it sync your monitor, if you have 120hz
, then you can get 60fps with vsync

Sory but drunk, but i see it, i have 60hz, so 60/30 is your fps wit vsync

Blackdog_kt
06-30-2011, 04:15 AM
Copy/paste from another thread so it get's more chance of being read.

Quote:
I can confirm the Ju-88 bombbaydoors act strange, fully open them manually (either by cockpit or keys) and after a single bomb they will close again. Would make more sense if dropping the bombs didn't automatically open and close the doors so we had full control over the process. Dropping many in very quick succession forces them open as long as your distributor delay is set 0.
The salvo quantity indeed does not react, either to clicking in cockpit or mapped keys.

On a similar note the He-111 P2's 2nd magneto is unclickable, it does work via keymapings though and also works in cockpit in the He-111 H2.

Not sure if it's been changed in the last patch but it worked fine for me last time i tested the 88, even though the bomb distributor controls need mapped keys to function (it's the clicking that didn't work for me, but then again some of the controls are not easily visible to click on, while the 111 has an easier to use layout).

Herbs107
06-30-2011, 04:41 AM
Since the patch, my wife has left me, the dishwasher crapped itself, and my dog ran away. Anyone else getting these bugs.:rolleyes:

klem
06-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Since the patch, my wife has left me, the dishwasher crapped itself, and my dog ran away. Anyone else getting these bugs.:rolleyes:

Please define 'bug'. ;)

kakkola
06-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Since the patch, my wife has left me, the dishwasher crapped itself, and my dog ran away. Anyone else getting these bugs.

A bug?dead wrong,that`s an improvement!!!!!

senseispcc
07-01-2011, 10:23 AM
I still have this type of error; a big blue square on the ground behind and seemingly attached to a plane.
http://s3.postimage.org/q6y8gwke0/shot_20110630_135040.png (http://postimage.org/image/1doog911g/full/)

It does not happen often but North east of London it does!
There are two big square ore rectangles of Blue on the ground;
One at the North East of London;
http://s1.postimage.org/d4dl5673g/North_esat_of_London.png (http://postimage.org/image/2hjrzqykk/full/)
And one at the North West of the same city;
http://s1.postimage.org/9krsdz5t3/North_west_of_London.png (http://postimage.org/image/2hjwyd01w/full/)
I hope this pictures cane help.
It is outside the game map, but…!

:confused:

SYN_Jed
07-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Since the patch my dog has crapped in the dishwasher and my wife has run away with Oleg....surely someone can get Luthier to give us an answer??? :-x:-x

Tree_UK
07-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I still have this type of error; a big blue square on the ground behind and seemingly attached to a plane.
http://s3.postimage.org/q6y8gwke0/shot_20110630_135040.png (http://postimage.org/image/1doog911g/full/)

It does not happen often but North east of London it does!
There are two big square ore rectangles of Blue on the ground;
One at the North East of London;
http://s1.postimage.org/d4dl5673g/North_esat_of_London.png (http://postimage.org/image/2hjrzqykk/full/)
And one at the North West of the same city;
http://s1.postimage.org/9krsdz5t3/North_west_of_London.png (http://postimage.org/image/2hjwyd01w/full/)
I hope this pictures cane help.
It is outside the game map, but…!

:confused:

They seem to crop up randomly, Ive seen these big expanses of rectangle water in France also, just shove it on the never ending list, hopefully Luthier will address the problem soon.

addman
07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Yup, also seen the big blue squares in the northern parts of the France part of the map. Surely they know about it already because it's been there since release, it'll probably get fixed in the next patch.

senseispcc
07-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Yup, also seen the big blue squares in the northern parts of the France part of the map. Surely they know about it already because it's been there since release, it'll probably get fixed in the next patch.

Some at the east of the British isle have already been corrected.

313_Paegas
07-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Visible arm of jacket. (if you choose brown jacket)
It is not after last patch, it is from beginning :-)
http://jiri.foltyn77.sweb.cz/Bug_visible-arm.jpg

slm
07-03-2011, 06:44 PM
This was really a user error, so "bug" removed.

Strike
07-04-2011, 03:12 PM
The gunsight view corresponds to tightened straps (there is less head shake in that view), that's why we can't look around too much.

It's a long time coming, but since we're all here to learn more I think I want to debate this very feature as a potential bug/misunderstanding.

I think you're wrong about the "tighten straps". Because the way I interpret it (and I'm drawing from RL experience working on the ACES II crew escape seat from the F-16) you wish to loosen straps in order to move freely around (for instance bend your body forwards to look at certain instruments or get a better look outside the aircraft) and when entering dogfights you want to tighten the straps so that you cannot move your body. You would want to sit in an upright position when manouvering hard to avoid pulling so many g's your body can't keep itself straight. So "Tighten straps" should be when sitting upright with your head against the headrest. Whilst loosen straps should be so that you can lean forwards to the gunsight!

That said, if we assume the straps we're talking about are the ones over the pilots shoulders, I think the game models this all wrong. When leaning forwards, you become even more prone to headbobbing from turbulence and G-forces because you're now bent so that your spine doesn't support your torso anymore. I think in real life, you would only lean forwards when trying to aim at bombers/fighters going straight and level or doing gentle manouvers. The second you start pulling deflection shots in combat manouvering you would have your head between your knees if you didn't sit straight. Which is why you would lean back and then lock (tighten) the straps. Ever tried leaning your head forwards in a rollercoaster loop? The mild G-forces we experience there is enough to overcome the strength in your neck so you can't look up anymore.

So the way I think it should be modeled is that when doing combat manouvers you should have your head upright and resting against the back of the seat to avoid strain on the neck, whilst when chasing planes straight and level wanting to pull off a perfect shot you could position your head close to the gunsight, just like you would do with a firearm. I think it's perfectly fine to use now (if you have Track IR) but I agree you should be able to set and save a default or preset head position for non-track IR users!

Sorry for being picky ;) But we're a picky community ain't we?

klem
07-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Strike, I think you have a point and I've always mistrusted the whole CoD 'straps tightened' thing because it doesn't make sense.

Anyone who has sat strapped tight in a cockpit knows they can see more than 90 degrees either side due to peripheral vision so that's wrong for a start. Also, in a combat situation no-one is going to have their eye that close to the gunsight. The straps would have to be loose to do that and as you say that is no way to enter combat.

Personally I think the whole 'gunsight' concept is pointless and superfluous. A 'Straps Tight' is fine to reduce headshake and limit the view to some degree, say +/- 130 degrees, but keeping the head the same distance from the gunsight. Of course to give that some value, the 'straps loose' setting should have us bouncing round the cockpit and suffering injury according to G forces so that everyone is forced to use 'straps tight' in combat and suffer the same visual restrictions.

Then of course there's the whole 109 gunsight alignment question which is actually a separate matter. I think trying to solve that has dragged us into the unreal 'gunsight view' situation.

skouras
07-04-2011, 03:53 PM
personally i like this feature [even is not close to the RL]
if they going to change it i don't have a problem as is stays more realistic compare to original IL2

Bloblast
07-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Found this, small graphic failure of the shadow:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/bloblast/2011-07-04_00001.jpg

jimbop
07-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I have always treated the view commands as toggles on a HAT so haven't paid much attention to the terminology of command since it works fine anyway. It should certainly be Loosen Straps to view the gunsight which is logical. From the manual:

"Loosen Shoulder Straps. This command simulates the pilot loosening his
harness and leaning towards gunsight. Repeated commands cycle between
the Gunsight and normal camera positions."

klem
07-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I have always treated the view commands as toggles on a HAT so haven't paid much attention to the terminology of command since it works fine anyway. It should certainly be Loosen Straps to view the gunsight which is logical. From the manual:

"Loosen Shoulder Straps. This command simulates the pilot loosening his
harness and leaning towards gunsight. Repeated commands cycle between
the Gunsight and normal camera positions."

But why would we? Leaning towards the gunsight implies combat. Why else would we do it (not that we would)? You wouldn't loosen straps in combat you'd tighten them. Its just a daft gamey idea.

jimbop
07-04-2011, 10:33 PM
But why would we? Leaning towards the gunsight implies combat. Why else would we do it (not that we would)? You wouldn't loosen straps in combat you'd tighten them. Its just a daft gamey idea.

Sorry, I understand your point now and tend to agree with you. I have no idea how realistic loosening straps during combat would be but my initial thought is 'not very'! I guess you would have to experience it to know for sure, though. Also depends how easy it was to loosen and tighten the straps as well. Probably took both hands to do for a start?

The other consideration, however, is that the virtual pilot already suffers from lack of situational awareness due to lack of, for example, peripheral vision etc even with FT/TrackIR. Perhaps this is a valid concession although not realistic.

nearmiss
07-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Guys dont waste your time posting bugs, luthier hasnt logged on since the 24th, its clear he isn't reading this.

That isn't true. You don't have to log in to read the forums. Oleg used to drop in all the time like that. Also, you should be aware the devs have several admin accounts and they share them.

Soooo... private eyes watching you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anLfoy2XsFw

jimbop
07-05-2011, 12:47 AM
That isn't true. You don't have to log in to read the forums. Oleg used to drop in all the time like that. Also, you should be aware the devs have several admin accounts and they share them.

Soooo... private eyes watching you.

Good to know but why can't they post something, especially in the bug threads! Would be good to know it is not a waste of time. It's just discouraging at the moment - see Insuber's monster thread but not a single reply so how can we know whether to bother?

jimbop
07-05-2011, 12:59 AM
So no point posting bugs or suggestions here then presumably...

nearmiss
07-05-2011, 02:13 AM
You want to get your message out there. Just post on some of the sticky threads related to patches, etc.

Believe this... the devs need input from the community, but they rarely will discuss it there and then.

Mysticpuma
07-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Tried to go online but no servers or lobbies listed. Running this patch...blimey, no MP at-all, tragic!

Codex
07-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Problem signature:

There is most likely nothing wrong with his memory chips. This error is most likely a coding problem. An unmamaged object was called from a managed environment (.net) and it violated a memory address somewhere.

Now for the bug I'm noticing ... Sound chanels are reversed when using surround sound. Most noticabely the Left and Right chanels are reversed, only tested on the Me110 at this stage. Going back to IL-2 1946 in the mean time :P

MD_Titus
07-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Played once after patch, then later that day persistent launcher failed to respond crashes. Rebooting etc failed to resolve.

MD_Titus
07-06-2011, 11:25 AM
Tried to go online but no servers or lobbies listed. Running this patch...blimey, no MP at-all, tragic!

Also this. Squadmate on ventrilo at the time could see servers listed though

Strike
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Also this. Squadmate on ventrilo at the time could see servers listed though

sounds like some port-forwarding or NAT issues perhaps? Have you checked firewall etc etc? I have ALWAYS seen and been able to connect to servers and I've never been dropped :p

albx
07-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Windows 7 x64
ATI 6950 Catalyst 11.6

I found this graphic bug in the spit, mirror=off. If you look around in a damaged cockpit, another cockpit appear, like one over another... it's ugly.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2num9w2.gif

and of course this also...

http://i53.tinypic.com/a2dgs0.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/w6qob5.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/swthxs.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/206j0ua.jpg

Thee_oddball
07-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Remember, they have another forum they also have to respond to, the Russian forum, sukov.ru or something. I'm sure its much easier to read the same things screamed over and over in their native language.

If I were part of their staff, I'd automatically filter out all messages containing keywords: octane, tracers, sound, fps, colors, performance.

hmmm Вы могли бы быть правы :)

S!

RE77ACTION
07-07-2011, 07:32 PM
While playing the latest version of this sim I've found a few things that are worth mentioning. Most things will probably mentioned already but it gets hard to follow what's said and what's not.

My list:

- Taxiing the plane over grass while looking backwards into your own dust leads to a very low frame rate.
- Parked planes often won't keep standing still.
- Some keyboard shortcuts won't work on the Tigermoth while these items do work in the clickable cockpit. Like: leading edge slats, magnetos (outside the hull)
- Wingmen (AI) keep formation while I land my airplane and land/crash with me. I've not found an option in the menu to break formation. The only thing that works, is waiting on my turn when landing but that's not always possible or desired.
- From great height and distance, rivers transform to ultra wide rivers.
- Fuel selector, fuel indicator and empty tank lights don't correspond to each other in BF110.
- English Command menu issues like "copy" and "do not copy" are reversed (at least compared to speech). And "damaged" translates into "wounded".
- Windmills on the ground (to pump water, mill grain, etc) turn around in the wrong direction.
- AI pilots are often sleeping while returning to base after a fight.
- Pitch control in BF109 is reversed (slider on joystick works in opposite direction of the handle in the cockpit).
- I would prefer a thinner border around the flight map.
- I would like it if the flight map size would be remembered (now it's only location).
- I would prefer if some calculations on core1 (for programmers core0) of the CPU could be moved to other cores. Core1 is always fully utilized while other cores are wasting cycles. In some cases this leads to ineffective usage of my video cards GPU. For example, when flying offline with 100 AI planes, my GPU usage drops often from 100% usage to only about 50% usage because the CPU doesn't deliver enough data to it. It would be nice if AI calculations where moved to another core. Of course I don't know of this is doable programming wise.

Thank you! ;)

Codex
07-08-2011, 03:04 AM
- I would prefer if some calculations on core1 (for programmers core0) of the CPU could be moved to other cores. Core1 is always fully utilized while other cores are wasting cycles. In some cases this leads to ineffective usage of my video cards GPU. For example, when flying offline with 100 AI planes, my GPU usage drops often from 100% usage to only about 50% usage because the CPU doesn't deliver enough data to it. It would be nice if AI calculations where moved to another core. Of course I don't know of this is doable programming wise.

Anything is do-able, it all comes down to how much time, money and people your willing to throw at it :cool:. The problem is CoD is way under cooked, even now. I would have been happy to wait longer before buying it, because I feel like I'm wasting my time flying in it, IL-2 1946 is still filling the void for me at the moment.

Orpheus
07-08-2011, 03:39 AM
He's right though, my machine runs the first core at almost 100% but the other cores barely registering around 30%.

Fingers crossed more optimisation will come... :rolleyes:

MD_Titus
07-08-2011, 07:30 AM
sounds like some port-forwarding or NAT issues perhaps? Have you checked firewall etc etc? I have ALWAYS seen and been able to connect to servers and I've never been dropped :p
I get no problems using other online games (rise of flight, world of tanks, hyperlobby) so i'd assume it's not something like firewall settings or ports. Not to say it couldn't be that of course, but would be peculiar if only clod affected, right?
Anything is do-able, it all comes down to how much time, money and people your willing to throw at it :cool:. The problem is CoD is way under cooked, even now. I would have been happy to wait longer before buying it, because I feel like I'm wasting my time flying in it, IL-2 1946 is still filling the void for me at the moment.
The complaining about delayed release would've been astounding. As it is, the complaining about early release...
Meh. I'm keeping the faith, but I am also playing other games more than I anticipated. The real bugger is the recent appearance, for me, of the launcher crashes which have rendered the game quite literally unplayable. I had been having short blasts of amusement in the quick missions up to that point.

adonys
07-09-2011, 10:13 AM
A few annoying bugs I've encountered:

- sometimes the plane is stopping dead into the air (I think it might be correlated with me firing the cannons, which is a command set by me and composed from a sequence of two joystick buttons). the plane remains hanged in there, engine running and so on, no matter what (switching the control to AI and back has no effect) dunno if anyone else encountered this, but it happens on a constant basis to me. this should be a critical bug to fix!

- some buttons/command are not working from the first push (for example the prop pitch down in a newly spawned Bf-109 it NEVER works from the first press, but only after a release and a second try, then it works normally)

- player's airplane markings are that of a Schwarm leader, even if he's on 4th position. this might be related with the fact that AI almost never considers the player as being part of his Schwarm (when the player is the leader, the AI planes are "detached" and act as an independent Schwarm of their own, and ignore all leader's commands)

requests:

- add Ground Attack target area option for a Waypoint (instead of a single target)

requests already passed (via russian forum) to programmers:

- add a Wait (an ammount of time, for another AirGroup) option for a Waypoint
- add CustomSayToAirgroup function (so that we need to can put text in mouth of existent actors (AiAircraft or AiCart), or general (for control tower / radar / etc. speaking), also it would be very useful to can also optionally assign an audio file

RE77ACTION
07-09-2011, 11:18 AM
- sometimes the plane is stopping dead into the air (I think it might be correlated with me firing the cannons, which is a command set by me and composed from a sequence of two joystick buttons). the plane remains hanged in there, engine running and so on, no matter what (switching the control to AI and back has no effect) dunno if anyone else encountered this, but it happens on a constant basis to me. this should be a critical bug to fix!

You're not alone here. Lately it happened to me too (till now always BF109, official Germain campaign). Before last week I never encountered this problem and now 3 times this week. The plane starts hanging still in the air just when you press the fire button. It's just like you're hanging in a sort of temporal time flux or something (too much Star Trek ;)) because the rest of the world including all other planes keep running and moving like nothing changed. Really strange and there is no way out of this anomaly as far as I found. The only way is restarting the mission. I've tried clearing my cache but it didn't resolve anything.

EDIT: Indeed, the engine keeps running and the prop keeps spinning but you can't change any engine or airplane settings although the clicks of some button still sound through the speakers. You still can look around and the game menus keep responding like they should. And as mentioned, the dogfights continue without me as happens when hanging in a parachute.

badfinger
07-10-2011, 04:45 AM
Tonight, playing the CoD Campaign (with the Spitfire in the later missions), I starting seeing the RPM drop from ~3500 to ~2100 w/o me moving my throttle. This would seem to happen right after I had taken off from Manston, and as I crossed the coast. I couldn't find anything to get it to go up again.

Then, the ASI started acting funny. It would show a speed much lower than I knew it could be. Finally, with full power in a Spitfire IIA, what my throttle should should be full on was really showing ~2100 with an airspeed >70. I rapidly mused into the water.

I have been using the latest patch and, until now, had good luck with it.

binky9

klem
07-10-2011, 06:29 AM
Tonight, playing the CoD Campaign (with the Spitfire in the later missions), I starting seeing the RPM drop from ~3500 to ~2100 w/o me moving my throttle. This would seem to happen right after I had taken off from Manston, and as I crossed the coast. I couldn't find anything to get it to go up again.

Then, the ASI started acting funny. It would show a speed much lower than I knew it could be. Finally, with full power in a Spitfire IIA, what my throttle should should be full on was really showing ~2100 with an airspeed >70. I rapidly mused into the water.

I have been using the latest patch and, until now, had good luck with it.

binky9

Try checking:-

Oil and Engine Temps
Rad open
Running too long on max RPM even with the Rad open

I'm assuming Complex Engine Managenment is on.
You shouldn't run the RPM at max all the time and the max rated RPM for the Merlin is around 3,000. 3,500 is far too high.

Take off on max but immediately climb is established reduce RPM to around 2600 (actully you can get away with as much as 2800). Also do not run boost at +6 for too long - there are full figures elsewhere but these should get you sorted. I usually reduce to around 4.7 max for climbout.

oho
07-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Don't know if it's posted already here, but the Motor of Spitfire and Hurricane is still running (or at least they sound like that) even in steep dive-forward, although it should stutter because it doesn't get any fuel. One could even make an forward inverse looping with these planes.
Please fix the Anti-Aliassing so that I can turn 16x AA on.

klem
07-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Don't know if it's posted already here, but the Motor of Spitfire and Hurricane is still running (or at least they sound like that) even in steep dive-forward, although it should stutter because it doesn't get any fuel. One could even make an forward inverse looping with these planes.

Doesn't happen for me - do you have complex engine management turned on?

Kankkis
07-10-2011, 09:05 AM

There is no even difference on 2x and 8x settings. Switching from off to 2x is even very minimal difference, you see little better result only very close.

AA is messed totally in this game.

badfinger
07-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Try checking:-

Oil and Engine Temps
Rad open
Running too long on max RPM even with the Rad open

I'm assuming Complex Engine Managenment is on.
You shouldn't run the RPM at max all the time and the max rated RPM for the Merlin is around 3,000. 3,500 is far too high.

Take off on max but immediately climb is established reduce RPM to around 2600 (actully you can get away with as much as 2800). Also do not run boost at +6 for too long - there are full figures elsewhere but these should get you sorted. I usually reduce to around 4.7 max for climbout.

I should have mentioned that CEM was not on.

binky9

klem
07-11-2011, 10:24 PM
I should have mentioned that CEM was not on.

binky9

Ah, sorry, that's a place I haven't been.

But wouldn't that be correct if CEM isn't being modelled?

Good luck with it anyway.

skouras
07-12-2011, 01:46 PM
There is no even difference on 2x and 8x settings. Switching from off to 2x is even very minimal difference, you see little better result only very close.

AA is messed totally in this game.

second to that
at least make a supersampling option like ROF did with the same problem..

louisv
07-12-2011, 03:33 PM
second to that
at least make a supersampling option like ROF did with the same problem..

Did you try it ?

It brings my computer to its knees...

Kankkis
07-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Did you try it ?

Works fine on my comp. Be sure you dont put AA over 2x with it. Try even AA off.
Great new graphics feature on RoF. No shimmering anymore at all.
I have crossfirecard, maybe it is reason whyit is working for me?

oho
07-12-2011, 09:05 PM
I didn't have turned CEM on. Will give it a try, thx.
What I noticed too is the AI is not reacting when on their way returning home.

slm
07-14-2011, 09:42 AM
After playing a mission the game shows mission summary which shows planes destroyed, damaged etc.

************ the bug ****************
In this summary sometimes a plane which is listed in Planes destroyed is also listed in Planes damaged.

For example, in a mission I recently played enemy had 2 Bf-109 flying escort.
Both were eventually shot down and listed in Planes destroyed.
But in Planes damaged one of these planes was also listed.

skouras
07-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Did you try it ?

yeap no problem
if you experience fps hit lower a little the aa
personally i have it at maximmum
i've got a hit only on the ground but still very playable

Buzpilot
07-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Whats really annoying, is that online Spitfire only can fly in fine pitch mode, every server exclude MkII because it's too realistic.
If you run without CEM, the Spitfire MkI +a both go to second pitch for climbing, so logically this should be a almost fine pitch setting, but instead of doing the logically, the developers put second pitch to the max extended rotol setting. Is there any documentation for this? Really?:confused:
I asume there has to be documentation for this, since this should be a relative easy to fix, so can Luthier or some official confirm this is documented and really how it was?

IvanK
07-21-2011, 11:15 PM
The Reality is that for "2 Pitch" Spits the prop control was in fact a push pull cable and not a lever on the quadrant. It was also possible by slow methodical movement to in effect set any desired RPM rather than be forced to fly in only Coarse or Fine. so to represent this correctly both 3D cockpit modelling and logic modelling is required.

It is also a fact that by the time the battle commenced ALL operational/front line Spitfires were equipped with Constant Speed props.

The Devs are aware of this.

Rattlehead
07-21-2011, 11:23 PM
I wonder if any of you, guys, has found this problem (or bug?): when flying the Bf-109 (any of them) I can't extend the flaps with the assigned key (V), even though this key works perfectly in other planes.

This may have been answered before (sorry, I can't trawl through the whole thread to check) but it's no bug. The 109's landing flaps deploy extremely slowly. Just keep holding down the V key and you'll see that they do deploy eventually.

robtek
07-22-2011, 05:57 AM
It helps to watch the trim wheel, on the left side of the cockpit, to see how it works.

roadczar
07-22-2011, 02:24 PM
UBI Logo slowdown

Dusted off the game after couple of weeks (not playing it until fixed) and run couple of tests using a portion of The Black Death.trk.

Results:
With logo current: 50, average: 44, maximum: 64, minimum: 7
Without logo current: 55, average: 51, maximum: 69, minimum: 10

Buzpilot
07-23-2011, 12:04 PM
The Reality is that for "2 Pitch" Spits the prop control was in fact a push pull cable and not a lever on the quadrant. It was also possible by slow methodical movement to in effect set any desired RPM rather than be forced to fly in only Coarse or Fine. so to represent this correctly both 3D cockpit modelling and logic modelling is required.

It is also a fact that by the time the battle commenced ALL operational/front line Spitfires were equipped with Constant Speed props.

The Devs are aware of this.

If Devs are aware of this. Why ignore it, and us?
And also, are you sure the Coarse end was that much Coarse it is now?

Blackdog_kt
07-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Just because we don't see an immediate fix doesn't mean it's ignored. There could be other things to fix before that, or they could be waiting until they can fix all aircraft-related control mismatches before rolling them up in a nice patch.

Believe me, there are more than the prop pitch on the Spit and some make certain aircraft unusable in their intended roles, at least the Spit can still fly and fight even with the two position propeller.

In any case, last time IvanK said the developers were aware of an issue it was patched away in the next update (he's a member of Team Daidalos and is probably in contact with them), so i tend to believe him.

Das Attorney
07-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Whats really annoying, is that online Spitfire only can fly in fine pitch mode, every server exclude MkII because it's too realistic.
If you run without CEM, the Spitfire MkI +a both go to second pitch for climbing, so logically this should be a almost fine pitch setting, but instead of doing the logically, the developers put second pitch to the max extended rotol setting. Is there any documentation for this? Really?:confused:
I asume there has to be documentation for this, since this should be a relative easy to fix, so can Luthier or some official confirm this is documented and really how it was?

The coarse setting does work online, but not as expected....

You need to be over approx 8000 - 10000 ft and then put it into coarse setting. If you are any lower, then it does the juddering thing. When you are at about 15000 ft +, the engine runs nicely at 2600 rpm.

It's still well off the mark though.

At 17000 ft with coarse pitch set in level flight, the plane flys at 240 mph IAS. (315 mph TAS). Way too slow and not worth bothering with yet.

Obv, at lower altitudes, you are stuck in fine pitch. The best I could get out of the Spit Ia in level flight @6000 ft was 200 mph IAS (225 mph TAS).

I might just stick to Luftwaffe planes online as the Spit is not worth flying at this point IMO.

Oh and the boost is broken on all the Spits online (doesn't activate - boost stays at +6) :(

Blackdog_kt
07-23-2011, 07:31 PM
May i ask, have you confirmed this by sound and acceleration/speed changes or just by looking at the instruments?

The reason i'm asking is that if my memory is not deceiving me, none of the RAF aircraft that use a boost cut-out have an instrument properly calibrated to display the over-boosted values.

For example, i mainly fly offline while testing things out and whenever i would engage the cut-out in the Hurricane the instrument wouldn't read the over-boosted value (the scale doesn't go that far and the needle is just stuck at its maximum value), but i did get a considerable increase in performance and a corresponding change of engine sound so it seemed to work fine.

Das Attorney
07-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Good question sir - please see following explanation. (this is for the Spits. Not sure about Hurricane)

Let's assume the throttle slider is at 100% to begin with.

OFFLINE:

Depress the boost cut-out key

Nothing happens at first - need to jiggle the throttle to activate boost (maybe there's a bug where it doesn't activate until an input on the throttle is registered)

Boost dial increases from 6 up to 8. Noticeable change in pitch from engine - speed increases correspondingly.

ONLINE:

Depress the boost cut-out key

Nothing happens - does not matter if I wiggle the throttle or not. No change in the boost dial and no change in engine pitch or speed.

I would post a little video, but I can't get Fraps to work since the last patch. If you need evidence, I'll film it on my camera phone and post it up on YT. :)

I would have done it tonight for you, but it's pretty late and I've been out for beers.... hic

Blackdog_kt
07-24-2011, 04:11 AM
No worries, i'm not disputing anything :grin:

Just thought it a bit weird that it is specifically tied to MP and had a "what if" thought ;-)

Heliocon
07-24-2011, 04:36 AM
ugh, when is the next patch/beta patch? This is getting really frustrating that there is such a long gap between patches in addition to 0 comunity communication!

Buzpilot
07-24-2011, 09:16 AM
at least the Spit can still fly and fight even with the two position propeller.

You mean it can fly and defend itself, try use it to catch up with bombers?:rolleyes:

Buzpilot
07-24-2011, 05:17 PM
I haven't found a bomber I couldn't catch yet, once you get high enough. Trying to chase while climbing still is a bit futile in either Spit or 109 (Haven't tried the Hurri yet, but doubt its any better).

Yeah, if you spend 15min climbing first, not exactly how interception was supposed to be. Beats me why developers fixed the 109 first, when they know the Mk2 is not used online, and this was known from the beginning,:confused:
Not exacly the best move before USA sales.

Blackdog_kt
07-25-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't thing they fixed any FM's yet, they just changed how the 109's prop pitch controls work (the control logic, not the actual propeller type, it's still fully manual). I mean, all aircraft are still slow compared to their real life figures and the only one that comes close is the Spit Mk.II, hence why most servers don't use it.

As for the Mk.Ia check the similarly named thread, i posted a few links about CEM that might help people get a bit more performance out of it. I rarely fly Spits and i yet have no trouble getting a Spit with the two-speed propeller to 250mph IAS or more at more than 10000ft (and as a result, an even higher TAS) with very moderate power settings.

Buzpilot
07-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I don't thing they fixed any FM's yet, they just changed how the 109's prop pitch controls work (the control logic, not the actual propeller type, it's still fully manual). I mean, all aircraft are still slow compared to their real life figures and the only one that comes close is the Spit Mk.II, hence why most servers don't use it.

As for the Mk.Ia check the similarly named thread, i posted a few links about CEM that might help people get a bit more performance out of it. I rarely fly Spits and i yet have no trouble getting a Spit with the two-speed propeller to 250mph IAS or more at more than 10000ft (and as a result, an even higher TAS) with very moderate power settings.

If it's ok above 10,000 feet, why don't they simply lock the second stage until that hight then if you run it without CEM?
Now it automaticly shift to second pitch right after takeoff, and only option is to run with CEM activated.
Or is it too complicated to fix?
But the main question was this; Is the second pitch angle real? I mean, it sure don't feel real.
, the developers put second pitch to the max extended rotol setting. Is there any documentation for this? Really?

Tree_UK
07-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Can still fly hurricane with a wing missing :(

Blackdog_kt
07-26-2011, 06:25 PM
If it's ok above 10,000 feet, why don't they simply lock the second stage until that hight then if you run it without CEM?
Now it automaticly shift to second pitch right after takeoff, and only option is to run with CEM activated.
Or is it too complicated to fix?
But the main question was this; Is the second pitch angle real? I mean, it sure don't feel real.

When flying with CEM off it's like giving control of the CEM to the AI autopilot. This one probably follows the recommended manual procedures and that's why it sticks to high pitch/low RPM setting. Strange as it may sound, that's how these planes were meant to be flown according to the pilot's operating handbook (it's the same in the Blenheim Mk.IV).

The problem comes from the fact that the AI doesn't change back to low pitch/high RPM when your speed gets too low, which is what a real pilot would do to accelerate and then switch back to high pitch/low RPM setting.

It's like gears in a car, high RPM to start and accelerate, low RPM for fuel economy in cruise and higher top speeds. The problem is that once you start maneuvering and bleed off some speed you need to vary the pitch setting to get back the speed you lost and the AI doesn't do it for you.

It could be fixed for sure (it's just a simple trigger to the tune of "go to high RPM when speed falls below X mph, go to low RPM when speed climbs above X mph), but it would also create one more problem even if it did do it automatically: boost levels rise and fall with the change in RPM, so even if the AI helper was correctly manipulating pitch with CEM off, you would still need to be on your toes and vary the throttle appropriately during the changes.

In the meantime, i think it's no biggie flying them with CEM on, it only has two settings and if you disable temp effects (which takes care of the radiator) you get all the control you need for minimal hassle.

Buzpilot
07-27-2011, 02:06 PM
In the meantime, i think it's no biggie flying them with CEM on, it only has two settings and if you disable temp effects (which takes care of the radiator) you get all the control you need for minimal hassle.

Comments like this, only make developers not taking this problem serious, I fly with CEM too, but If they think all newcomers do,or this is a healthy buisiness model, I think they are serious wrong IMO.

Blackdog_kt
07-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Comments like this, only make developers not taking this problem serious, I fly with CEM too, but If they think all newcomers do,or this is a healthy buisiness model, I think they are serious wrong IMO.

Actually, comments like this are intended to let people who face problems have some fun until the developers fix things, instead of simply having to wait it out while doing nothing. I choose to focus on what is under my direct control to improve my entertainment factor and help others do the same, how the developers will interpret it is not my concern because what they decide to do is definitely not under my control.

In layman's terms, we can either fly or speculate in the forums, but not both at the same time. I like to help people fly ;-)