PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate on latest beta patch 14672

Blackrat
06-22-2011, 08:03 AM
FYI

Regarding the sound issue, some players have reported turning voice off has negated the sound bug, seems the radio announcing new enemy formations may be an issue. Worth a try?

Beta errors thread here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23960)

furbs
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
ive had the voices off for a long while now and still get the bug.

SYN_Jed
06-22-2011, 10:33 AM
same

Ali Fish
06-22-2011, 12:36 PM
my sound has never gone off so to speak but often it is reduced to a crackling mess.

Bobb4
06-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Are all the servers down?

Blackrat
06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Steam logged ours off, its back up now.

MadTommy
06-22-2011, 07:25 PM
my sound has never gone off so to speak but often it is reduced to a crackling mess.

Can you describe your sound setup, hardware, drivers etc etc as this sound issue has simply been killing my enjoyment.

And what servers you are playing on. And anything else you think might influence it.

Thanks

Ali Fish
06-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Can you describe your sound setup, hardware, drivers etc etc as this sound issue has simply been killing my enjoyment.

And what servers you are playing on. And anything else you think might influence it.

Thanks

im sure im was in syndicate earlier, but alas i expereinced the full drop ! zero sound from then on. but that was the first time ive experienced it anyway im running an ancient audigy 2 sound card and some drivers that might have been for vista.

CaptainDoggles
06-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Just posting to say I've really been enjoying the syndicate dedicated server, thanks for hosting.

Thee_oddball
06-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Steam logged ours off, its back up now.
try opening these ports, see if that helps, not sure the voice ports have anything todo with it but who knows...
Your network must be configured to allow Steam access to the following ports (in order from highest to lowest priority for QoS users):
Steam Client

* UDP 27000 to 27015 inclusive (Game client traffic)
* UDP 27015 to 27030 inclusive (Typically Matchmaking and HLTV)
* TCP 27014 to 27050 inclusive (Steam downloads)
* UDP 4380

Dedicated or Listen Servers

* TCP 27015 (SRCDS Rcon port)

Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat

* UDP 3478 (Outbound)
* UDP 4379 (Outbound)
* UDP 4380 (Outbound)

Blackrat
06-22-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up, they are all open.

Blackrat
06-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Just posting to say I've really been enjoying the syndicate dedicated server, thanks for hosting.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us, always appreciated.

TheEnlightenedFlorist
06-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I agree. Having recently fallen in love with the Stuka, I've been looking for more things to blow up. The radar is nice, but it just doesn't blow up like fuel truck. :)

In my experience, you can add dozens of ground objects with virtually no impact on performance. With your server hardware, I can imagine that number reaching the hundreds.

Edit: Also, if you guys need any help in the scripting department, I'd be more than happy.

Blackrat
06-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Points noted guys, I am no mission builder, I just try and keep the server running, Flashman built the last mission, but I think he has had to go lay down in a dark room for a month after trying to get it to work properly :grin:

SYN_Jed
06-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Really think its time to take another look at how we dom missions. Maybe we all got a bit excited with ai planes moving here and there and lost the idea of static ground targets to bomb. Blissy is back from tour this week and I can assure you it will light the fire under CloD as far as SYN goes. He will im sure have plenty of new missions running with plenty to bomb, strafe, protect whichever floats your boat. In the meantime if anyone wants to run one of their missions on our server including thier scripts then buzz em to me or blacky...we will put em up in seconds :)

jojovtx
06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up before or not but it is about time that it get's mentioned. :-P

How are, or are there already, stats coming along? Something tangible to keep up with to give you that extra incentive to make it home alive. Something along the lines of what is available in 1946 is what I'm talking about.

SYN_Jed
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
cheers bud,,,theres a mission thread over at wwwsyndicatesquadron.com thanks

Thee_oddball
06-28-2011, 10:11 PM
The stats are saved to your own computer, go to the Main Menu, then Extras -> Statistics.

In game, there's a simplified statistic, but you have to set it in Controls. Not sure how long it keeps though, I logged off, came back a couple hours later, and it still was displaying the kills from my previous sortie.

Jed, excellent idea, I think I have one almost complete, a bit of tweaking here and there still. I'll send you guys a PM when I'm done and let you decide/critique/have your way with it!
if the stats are staying on the server than perhaps FBDJ is not far off :)

S!

Ze-Jamz
06-28-2011, 10:21 PM
The stats are saved to your own computer, go to the Main Menu, then Extras -> Statistics.

In game, there's a simplified statistic, but you have to set it in Controls. Not sure how long it keeps though, I logged off, came back a couple hours later, and it still was displaying the kills from my previous sortie.

Hmm...did you miss the point cheesehawk? or am i missing the point? :cool:

i think he means a rework of the stats that we have currently in game..

The whole create another aircraft as soon as your shot just gets annoying when you see that..every aircraft i shoot down is AI!, you never know who your dueling with, everytime i see someone who has a score more than 6/7 kills to 0 deaths i presume is jumping ship when they get in trouble...is this done server side or is it implemented into the game?

jojovtx
06-28-2011, 10:24 PM
The statistics I am talking about would be server side and be specifically for that server only to compare stats amognst server users. Much like FBDJ is for 1946. I don't really care about "points" so much as kill/death ratio landed mission % and stuff along those lines. It would be nice to keep up with a "virtual career" on a specific server.

Ze-Jamz
06-28-2011, 10:29 PM
The statistics I am talking about would be server side and be specifically for that server only to compare stats amognst server users. Much like FBDJ is for 1946. I don't really care about "points" so much as kill/death ratio landed mission % and stuff along those lines. It would be nice to keep up with a "virtual career" on a specific server.

Yea rg..

Well i guess what i posted above could work too then?..the way i see it, if a pilot bails its a kill on that AC, if he leaves mid-air its a kill on that AC..both AC in this instance would crash and burn resulting in a loss whether the pilot is dead or not...and obviously it would show Killed AC name and from whom