PDA

View Full Version : Finally Enjoying MP! Thanks Repka!

FS~Phat
06-15-2011, 06:21 AM
I have finally been able to enjoy a couple of decent 4hr stints on the Repka servers and had upto 16 people online which was really cool. Also managed a 10:0 K/D ratio with out vulching! Loving the game more as we get more experienced players onto MP. Still a lot of noob's I can see, but fun just the same.

Skoshi Tiger
06-23-2011, 04:59 AM
I have finally been able to enjoy a couple of decent 4hr stints on the Repka servers and had upto 16 people online which was really cool. Also managed a 10:0 K/D ratio with out vulching! Loving the game more as we get more experienced players onto MP. Still a lot of noob's I can see, but fun just the same.

Repka consistently has a good number of people playing. Fun servers too!

My only problem is from where I live I have a 500ms ping.

Need some servers to open up in Australia!

Cheers!

ATAG_Septic
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
..... Still a lot of noob's I can see, but fun just the same.

By "Noob[']s" I assume you mean people new to the game? Or perhaps a more derogoratory connotation was intended such as that alluded to by my fifteen year old son when he uses the term? Whatever, I am relieved to hear you can still enjoy the game despite the presence of these "Noobs". I can only speak for myself but I find your tolerance despite your prejudice touching.

I apologise to you for being a little prickly about this but it is precisely this type of snobbishness that causes me to consider quitting pc games.

Thankfully the flight-sim community is, in my experience, predominantly welcoming to new players.

Richie
07-11-2011, 01:46 PM
That's nice of him don't get me wrong but is this as goods as it's going to get...... 16 people? How about at least 50 like a busy Bomber Night in Spits VS 109s. When IL-2 was in it's hay day 2001-2005 sometimes you'd get 1000 people online on the weekends on the Hyperlobby. This thing still isn't available for 8 more days where I am so I don't know too much about it but you can't have much of an online war with 16 people.

Richie
07-12-2011, 02:06 AM
In other words in my opinion this game needs the Hyperlobby. That's where all of the people talk about the game where, thousands of people have so much fun together from all over the world. I think as soon as this game comes to North America there will be a huge want for online play. There will be this great sim...in time...with no where to go for all of the IL-2 squads who will be chomping at the bit to get going on COD. Sixteen players in one arena just won't do and the Hyperlobby is so easy and uncomplicated. Warclouds, Spits VS 109s and all of the others will need some place to live and with the great online servers COD will have a great life.

Allons!
07-12-2011, 09:05 AM
+1 and a huge THX for the Repka guys to give us a stable server to train. Dunno why other servers load their maps with tons of stuff that eventually leads to framerates of <10 but Repka 3 is always stable and running. C ya all there :) Horrido! Allons!

Richie
07-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Cool. The only thing I want is for the Hyperlobby to get COD on it's list. :)

Jugdriver
07-12-2011, 03:43 PM
When IL-2 was in it's hay day 2001-2005 sometimes you'd get 1000 people online on the weekends on the Hyperlobby..

Try 5000 + in IL2's heyday, and that was just on Hyperlobby, there were more flying in Ubi's lobby and direct.

I would love to see COD on hyperlobby, however there would be issues with cheating. Steam VAC is the anti Cheat mechanism for COD, so I think COD servers on HL would have to be for pilots who know each other.

Keep your fingers crossed and keep flying, hopefully COD will get there.

JD
AKA_MattE

FS~Phat
07-21-2011, 03:37 AM
By "Noob[']s" I assume you mean people new to the game? Or perhaps a more derogoratory connotation was intended such as that alluded to by my fifteen year old son when he uses the term? Whatever, I am relieved to hear you can still enjoy the game despite the presence of these "Noobs". I can only speak for myself but I find your tolerance despite your prejudice touching.

I apologise to you for being a little prickly about this but it is precisely this type of snobbishness that causes me to consider quitting pc games.

Thankfully the flight-sim community is, in my experience, predominantly welcoming to new players.

Jeees mate take it easy... Im just referring to new inexperienced players and the lack of a challenge to shoot them down.

Jugdriver
07-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Im just referring to new inexperienced players and the lack of a challenge to shoot them down.

It has been kind of interesting lately running into “new guys”. To be honest you don’t see much of that on Spits 109 or any of the campaigns I have flown for years. I jumped (if you could say that) a guy who had his gear down, and I am not talking about the visual bug, he really had his gear down and was flying around; I couldn’t help myself… I had to give him some 20mm love.

JD
AKA_MAttE

Ze-Jamz
07-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Jeees mate take it easy... Im just referring to new inexperienced players and the lack of a challenge to shoot them down.

Lol....The hole gets deeper

~S~ Phat