PDA

View Full Version : direct connect

Eshark
06-10-2011, 03:30 PM
~S~All
Could anyone offer me some advice about how to sett up a game between to individuals on multiplayer that is two freinds trying to join each others game without success.And please in the simplist of terms cause iam not a techie
thanks

Troll2k
06-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Web or Lan?

Eshark
06-10-2011, 06:25 PM
~S~ Troll2k
I have been trying both lan and web but have had no success.I have followed the forums for connecting,and creating a server ,and adjusted settings in the config.ini files with no sucsses

Clu43
06-11-2011, 01:03 AM
where is the location of the individual trying to join you? across town?, in another city?, in another room in the same house on a home network which has a router?...more info would probably help. if you are behind a router, you may need to do some port forwarding if you are serving the game.,,that goes for the other individual as well if he/she serving. Also check your firewall software.,you may need to allow CLoD permissions. Good luck.;)

Troll2k
06-11-2011, 02:42 AM
The person hosting must forward port 27015 on their router if using the internet.

If you are trying a lan you do not need port forwarding.However in the network section you need to choose lan instead of internet.

If you are trying a direct connect between two computers you need a crossover cable.

Ataros
06-11-2011, 07:40 AM
If you are behind a router create game from Multiplayer >> Lobby menu. It is done for this purpose.

Eshark
06-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks Guys
I will look at the port forwarding

Skycarl
06-11-2011, 11:44 AM
I've been trying to connect with Eshark in a direct connect game.
The conf. file has the correct ip, port has been set in router, (27016 per other
posts I have read ) this has been set for both UDP and TCP.
We also listed each other in friends list in Steam, so I can't think of any thing
else that is needed for one to host and the other to join.

Now some mention port 27015 and others say 27016. Anyone know for sure
which is the correct port to forward? No problems with multiplay in IL2-1946
or RoF. I'm in the states and Eshark is in England but that shouldn't matter
as long as the settings are correct.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Troll2k
06-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I believe 27015 is the port by default.The host can change it to anything it wants as long as that port is forwarded.

Do you see his server in the client list?

Select it and then press "direct connect".Enter the external ip(not the internal) of his server and what ever port number he has set.

Skycarl
06-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Troll, Neither of our servers have come up on the list when going into
multiplayer mode. Seems to be missing something. Anything that has to be done
besides going to multiplayer mode and starting the game?

Thanks for the help.

Skycarl
06-12-2011, 02:02 PM
We may have it now by using the lobby.
Thanks for the great help in this forum to get this
dialed in.
The game may have some flaws but the community
is great.

Sky

341_Hawk
06-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Hello Skycarl, long time no see sir...since J.O. a few years back! Wondering if you can post what exactly it took to get this working, as I've been trying to accomplish the same thing with no luck to this point...thks, Hawk