PDA

View Full Version : Red Sands Mod/Add-On Discussion - potential SPOILERS

ckdamascus
06-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey there, does anyone want to discuss the new units and items they found? :)

There is a lot more stuff that I heard about, but I am only documenting what I have directly seen.

New Familiar - Asmodeus
You get a new item that seems to only fit in your right hand. While equipping it you will lose 15% leadership and 15% base mana and gain 1 defense, however you get to summon a beholder familiar (summon) called Asmodeus in the beginning of the battle.

He has quite a few abilities, can level up, and if he dies, it does not count against your losses. However, if he dies, he will need about 5 rounds of fighting for him to revive on his own, or you can fork out 3 crystals to instantly revive him. (It is a very good deal to restore him if you lose him).

This definitely makes the early game much smoother since a properly levelled up Asmodeus opens up a lot more strategic opportunities. He is fairly tanky relatively speaking.

He levels up based on "doing" things. So, he can level up his attack, defense, or his three special abilities

- disintegration ray
- teleport lightning aura
- undead healing/restoring

If he levels up 3 different "things", he gains a level (extra HP), and he gets more attributes that you can customize. Some of them include +10% resist to all elements, +7% physical resist, +3 to all beholderes in the army, able to counterattack twice, +1 speed, etc.

New Units So Far
Fire Mage
Looks like an archmage but has a lot of burning skills.

Orc Sabateur
Can hide/invisible, ambush units, walk through traps. Supposedly synergizes with Assassins.

Mystic
One of the new beholder units, can hypnotize on attack, gains benefits from runes, can go into trance mode for better attacks AND for vampiric mode which can revive fallen mystics.

Gorgon
Another new beholder unit, can petrify OR poison on attack (this is wickedly awesome), can summon twice on charges, can hex/curse

Ritualist
Shaman unit, but undead. Has ice prison, shock spell... only saw him as an enemy.

Ice Dragon
Emerald dragon but immune to magic, chance to slow on hit, able to shoot a dream of ice (like red dragon icy equivalent)... any empty cells turn into ice shards. Very good to create quick wall-offs. They actually have very good stats which makes them highly resistant to poison and physical attacks.

New Race Modifications
Humans now have a chance to get a "second attack".

Supposedly, now when demons kill stacks, it leaves behind a "rage" ball that can heal and restore talents.

New Levelling System
Seems pretty good. Now, my split up inquistor stack can level up like mad. The stat boosts seem helpful. It isn't clear to me if this will lead to imbalance, but the developers insist it will not.

One interesting tidbid is that when a stack levels up, it seems to restore/reset their talents.

General Progress
Using a Mage, blind build style. Since I don't know the new units and items that well, this probably makes sense. :)

Just added Assassins and Paladins into the mix. Of interesting note, since levelling up CAN increase your base critical hit percentage, this makes morale even MORE important. It also makes me wonder if Assassins + Orc Saboteurs will be especially dangerous. Also, levelling up can infer a lot of extra bonuses. My red dragons get about +20 attack and +20 defense. This is the sort of thing that MIGHT make assassins viable especially with the damage bonus. Throw in the morale boost, and Assassins will easily be doing 100% criticals in no time.

My new army is
Asmodeus
Paladin
Assassins
Red Dragons
Rune Mage
Archmage

I usually cast Phoenix early on to start it off. A lot of resurrection options, so I don't feel quite as hampered. I'll see how it plays out. Once I get teleport, I think there will be a LOT of mayhem with those Assassins. :)

Closing Comments
I think this opens up the chance for a new set of units to do "no-losses". Asmodeus will definitely smoothen out the early game so it requires less luck and more tactics in impossible modes. I wonder if Level 10 Peasants have a shot now... hmmm. :)

Side Notes
Once I heard humans all have a chance to do 'second attacks', I immediately thought, wow, this will make those Rune Mages even more sick. Once I get enough slots for dual, or triple rune mage stacks, I can only imagine the sheepy mayhem that will occur.

joasoz
06-09-2011, 07:07 AM
This sounds really interesting I must say. I will have to try this some time.

Fatt_Shade
06-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Ok let me give some contribution here :-)
Some more of new units :
Neutral - monstera stronger royal thorn, interesting to play
Undead - evi genius alchemist in undead garb,
adept of darkness , changed necromancer, evlin spell after killing enemy
medium beholder unit in undead ranks ( havent tried him, since it`s talent translation isnt good)
Bunch of new items, and new slot in hero screen for dragon pet items like lizard boots, antena helm . . .
Also every fraction now have special bonus :
humans have % chance to act again(fighting spirit),
elves elemental bonuses earth +deff/hp, wind +speed, fire +att/+dmg (which is sick some times stack of 200 ents with stone skin 2 lvl and +35% hp!!!),
demons get their talents reset after killing enemy,
undead resurrect their number after couple of atacks( need to fill 100% of their) necroenergy
dwarves have some drunken bonus which i havent figured out so far :-(
All in all humans are sick with 15-20% for second turn every unit (goblin have 15% unstoppable on 3 lvl adrenaline, but this is just ridiculous. With warrior hero and humans you can clear 80% enemy in first round). Fighting spirit is overpowered. Try 4*1 archmage and 5th unit some dragon to kill enenmy and you can get guardian medal on 3 lvl in 13 battles.

ckdamascus
06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Ok let me give some contribution here :-)
Some more of new units :
Neutral - monstera stronger royal thorn, interesting to play
Undead - evi genius alchemist in undead garb,
adept of darkness , changed necromancer, evlin spell after killing enemy
medium beholder unit in undead ranks ( havent tried him, since it`s talent translation isnt good)
Bunch of new items, and new slot in hero screen for dragon pet items like lizard boots, antena helm . . .
Also every fraction now have special bonus :
humans have % chance to act again(fighting spirit),
elves elemental bonuses earth +deff/hp, wind +speed, fire +att/+dmg (which is sick some times stack of 200 ents with stone skin 2 lvl and +35% hp!!!),
demons get their talents reset after killing enemy,
undead resurrect their number after couple of atacks( need to fill 100% of their) necroenergy
dwarves have some drunken bonus which i havent figured out so far :-(
All in all humans are sick with 15-20% for second turn every unit (goblin have 15% unstoppable on 3 lvl adrenaline, but this is just ridiculous. With warrior hero and humans you can clear 80% enemy in first round). Fighting spirit is overpowered. Try 4*1 archmage and 5th unit some dragon to kill enenmy and you can get guardian medal on 3 lvl in 13 battles.

Regarding the archmage, I think it is a bug that it seems to recharge the talent if they successfully roll another turn. I believe they plan to fix this.

What I do like, but it is probably slightly imbalanced, is that when you "level up" during battle, you get fully healed. It has actually been critical of me to rely on this as a Mage in the early game.

I saw all the new units you saw too, but I did not see the Monstera! I wonder if I can upgrade to them via training school??? :)

I think Medium uses a lot of lightning based attacks. I'm not a big undead fan, but I suppose this helps a lot with Undead since you don't need to wait to get EvilN. Asmodeus should work quite well with undead units thanks to his 3rd skill...

Plus, there are so many new undead units. Unfortunately, I wonder if it just means we will be seeing Asmodeus + Black Knight solo stacks. :) I think I saw some russians already do that.

Fatt_Shade
06-14-2011, 12:29 PM
MOnstera i found on Uzala, it`s 4th lvl thorn basic info can be found in game/sesions/red_sands/atoms/monstera.atom. Normal thorn seed, physical/poison dmg, burrow something like gobots to move around arena, and poison aoe attack something like EGD magic well, and every turn heals near ally thorns 50-150 hp.
I havent collected enough trophies to try new unit upgrades in academy but it should be possible for archmage from inqusitor, and all new beholder units from normal beholders, even monstera from thorns. Who try this report pls.
And yes new undead builds will be interesting with more units. About solo BK+Asmodean why oh why ? Solo BK is so easy why playing all game again if already done it before? New undead will do great for warrior since no need for evlin spell in book, so almost no need to spend runes to learn magic tree skills.

sdshadow
06-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Has anyone a plan about all skills of Asmadeo?

How far he could levelup? Level 10 like other units or higher?

Some of the Skills seem pretty useless, the 10% heal in the early rounds but max 20...i have now 440 hp and 20 hp a few rounds is really useless. How high this skill go later? I see that it has 5 ranks, is it 50% and max 100 at the last rank?

Since the skills to choose is random and for future planning a list of all ranks of all skills would be nice. :)

Fatt_Shade
06-20-2011, 08:19 PM
All about Asmadeo you can find in game/sessions/red_sand/localisation/rus/other/eng_fammiliar
Just browse that ifle and you`ll learn his skills and lvls possible to learn. And of some of his skills are weak at start, as it should be but later on he`ll be quite usefull and versatile (exsample hp/round regeneration goes to 500 hp/round at 5th lvl.

ckdamascus
06-20-2011, 11:40 PM
I wish I saw that list earlier haha.

Being able to attack more than once is a good way to build up extra experience points too.

Also, being able to attack again when hit helps.

The healing thing seems pretty good though since Asmodeus seems to draw a fair amount of aggro.

I should have picked it up, but I did not. :(

I heard rumors of guys nearly soloing everything with Asmodeus... I wonder what kind of build orders they used.

As an aside, the Rune Mage's Revive spell can heal Asmodeus before he dies.

Ugh, mystic ritual can kill living beings and use it to revive undead beings or yourself. That's no good for a no-loss build. Blah. I'm still starting over again since I didn't let Asmodeus upgrade up enough.

Yuck. :(

Fatt_Shade
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Yea healing Asmodean is great since only other way to keep him alive is rune mages, and on early game you dont have enough leadership for them. Aditional action points is also great skill on hit/attack. Soloing Asmodean is only possible with undead i think because mystic ritual can heal them and not living units (i think Asmodean cant heal him self either with it). There is some skill that boost that ability but gives more charges, not healing self/live units.
Reading new unit abilities i got fealing that developers wanted to strenghten undead units with new fraction undead lizardmen : Asmodean can resurrect them, medium/adept of darkness/evil genius all have some ability to make evlins after killing enemy troops.

sdshadow
06-22-2011, 03:16 PM
I self try a Asmadeo solo (Asmodean? Asmodeus? in my game he hears not if i yell him so :) )
The only big problem is that if you had no unit at the start of the battle you loss befor you can summon him.
But i have a undead Skeleton on my side to start the battle and to lvlup Asmadeo with the heal undead spell.

If the undead is dead befor i can use the spell no problem, but Asmadeo is really a aggro machine, the single Skeleton is not often a target for the computer (but priests and all other good undead killer target the Skeleton in no time) :(

ckdamascus
06-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Yea healing Asmodean is great since only other way to keep him alive is rune mages, and on early game you dont have enough leadership for them. Aditional action points is also great skill on hit/attack. Soloing Asmodean is only possible with undead i think because mystic ritual can heal them and not living units (i think Asmodean cant heal him self either with it). There is some skill that boost that ability but gives more charges, not healing self/live units.
Reading new unit abilities i got fealing that developers wanted to strenghten undead units with new fraction undead lizardmen : Asmodean can resurrect them, medium/adept of darkness/evil genius all have some ability to make evlins after killing enemy troops.

fam_skill_ritual_header=Necromancer
fam_skill_ritual_rank_1_hint=+1 charge to the ability to "<label=special_familiar_deadraiser_name>".
fam_skill_ritual_rank_2_hint=+1 charge to the ability to "<label=special_familiar_deadraiser_name>". You can use it to treat yourself.

I guess we are at the mercy of the auto-translation, but it sounds like later on he can use it to "treat himself", or heal himself.

I don't believe it can heal living units (after re-reading it). What it can do is... HURT your own living units to heal undead units. So, keeping that Paladin stack around so he can feed the undead.... ok this sounds a little diabolical. :) But hey, he can always resurrect himself or turn back time? :)

I'm not completely sure if it is worth it though. I guess it helps people who do not want to use rune mages. :)

Fatt_Shade
06-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Ok i figured it out, it`s not bad idea if going undead army, but without some undead units that abiliti is useless, and cant lvl it at all. And it`s buged i think, can rase all undead except new undead beholder Medium. Why is that ? How to change that options, i can`t find.

sdshadow
06-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Asmadeo is a pure killing machine, on my solo he is level 52 now, has 3744hp, 107 points defence, 87 % resist to melee, 80% to magic and 55% to Fire and poison....he had no mercy with a stack of 20 Black Dragons, only massive Level 3 or Level 4 stacks hurt him so much that it is dangerous. Level 5 units are a piece of cake.

I will never play with him and a full army, he alone is so powerful that it seems to make no fun if you have him and 5 other units.

It is correct, he can heal himself with 3 points in Necromancer.

And the Skill with the ability to heal living units transfers only HP von one friendly living unit to a other friendly unit. But i have only one point in it, if the skill can damage enemys and heal your units later it should be good, but on my solo it is not a priority because i had no other units :)

sdshadow
06-24-2011, 01:03 PM
I forgot something, you can free him after a while (i cannot say exactly when, because i found the option for that around level 42 of him, but it can be that this option was there before.

If you free him you have to pay 2000 leadership, 20 Rage and 20 Mana, but you don´t need to equip the item in the left hand after this to summon him. You can store the item in the backpack. This is costly, but if you play with a full army there is a point in which the 15% less to leadership and mana is greater than the payment to free him.

Fatt_Shade
06-24-2011, 02:32 PM
For mage that price shouldnt be problem, because he need mana and leadership means little to pure spell dmg hero. Also late game warrior with over 30k leadership can afford it, and 20 rage also dont mean much to him with bloodlust skill, and anyway warrior spells are mainly benefitial/support and 20 mana not much.
@sdshadow can you explain your solo Asmodean build, you must have at least 1 undead unit. From start is hard for asmodean when he doesnt have enough hp/dmg . . .

ckdamascus
06-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Asmadeo is a pure killing machine, on my solo he is level 52 now, has 3744hp, 107 points defence, 87 % resist to melee, 80% to magic and 55% to Fire and poison....he had no mercy with a stack of 20 Black Dragons, only massive Level 3 or Level 4 stacks hurt him so much that it is dangerous. Level 5 units are a piece of cake.

I will never play with him and a full army, he alone is so powerful that it seems to make no fun if you have him and 5 other units.

It is correct, he can heal himself with 3 points in Necromancer.

And the Skill with the ability to heal living units transfers only HP von one friendly living unit to a other friendly unit. But i have only one point in it, if the skill can damage enemys and heal your units later it should be good, but on my solo it is not a priority because i had no other units :)

Great to hear! I heard others on the russian forums had great success as well. However, what class are you? I am a mage, and I find Asmodeus is a bit weak early on. I'm also not sure how I can get him to scale up since I would rather not risk putting him in danger by using the lightning / teleport skill.

How do you support him if he is solo? Maybe, Necro Call and the healing thing? :)

Do you try to use him to attack and "barely" keep him alive to beef up his defense rating? Or do you keep him far away and slowly rack up the attack and disintegration ray skills?

Also, are you playing on Impossible?

sdshadow
06-24-2011, 03:37 PM
I play on impossible.

I don´t use any spells or any pet dragon skills, it is a truely solo, only Asmadeo.
The only problem is that you really need a few Walls from the pet dragon early when you don´t have any healskills. But if you have the heal at beginning on the round and the Vampireskill to regain health in melee combat you don´t need anyting later.

If you have luck and the more HP, Vampireskill and heal/round is early on the list to choose it should be 5-6 levels of Asmadeo to stopp walls from the pet dragon.

At the time now i have enough power and initiative that i teleport at the beginning of the first round near to the enemy and since i have 3 counters i barely have any health lost till round 2, only the enemy are half down :)

If there are really strong stacks i tease them a little (Speed 3 and the skill to avoid an attack are really nice).

I would tell that the skill to avoid an attack is to choose later on, because you teleport to an nearby random field after a avoid, if you are not strong it could be your death in no time.

More healing/round, more HP and more Vampirism should be the main picks at the early levels.
Damage reduction in melee is the next choice and later on the fire, poisen protection is a must have, but only if you would kill dragons. Dragons are later at the game and you should pick this skill also later. Then avoid attack and a new attack if you gain damage and if you made damage. I have maxed them all and i have if i are lucky 3 or 4 attacks in one round.

I have only one skeleton each round because the fight don´t start. In the beginning it is good to keep it alive to level the undead heal spell a little, but it go slowly because you can get all other skills in no time to level 20 and the heal undead is on level 2 or 3.

The skeleton dies also quickly. It is no need to level up with the healspell, later on when you have the Necromancer at level 3 you can heal yourself and level faster, but i have the skill now on level 7 and all other skills are beyound 40....you can skip this skill really, it is to slow to levelup.

Example, i get with a critical melee attack 2.000 EXP, a heal from the healing spell with 350 HP get me 30 EXP. I only use it if i need the heal, not for the levelup of this skill.

I choose the paladin, because i thought he has the only skill (avoid 50% damage at time) for Asmadeo, but in over 20 fights it don´t trigger once, it seems it don´t work mit Asmadeo. But i don´t really need it.

If there is no maxlevel of Asmadeo i should reach level 200 at the end of the game, or more.....if he makes more damage, he makes more EXP and he gets later on really much HP and Damage each level.

The only thing that i cheatet is that i give me with the editor a few items (e.g two 15% Damagereduction shoes, one because you can get it (if lucky) without cheating and the second because i cannot reach the medal for damagereduction because i don´t use spells) and a stack from 999 skeleton at the beginning of the game. But only to die, not to make damage or win the first rounds.

English is not my main language, if i wrote anything that is not understandably please ask:)

Fatt_Shade
06-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Nice using dragon stone wall for him, i never used that skill, so totaly forgot about it :-)
Yea vampirism and regen early on seems only way to do this.
Why not using dragon ? I love diging chests and mana regen, and you dont need any army for it mystic egg, or any other unit you keep with yourself will do.
Also i found this in eng_fammiliar file :
Rage zloboglaza (beholders rage i think)
fam_skill_anger_rank_1_hint=withdrawing a familiar, getting the damage with a chance of 6% can again operate. Gives 1 OD.
What does this mean, after being hit asmodean have 6/13/19/25% chance to attack again like demon executioner.
Unstoppable i have and it gives me 20% to attack again in same round, but this skill i dont get how it works.

ckdamascus
06-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Nice using dragon stone wall for him, i never used that skill, so totaly forgot about it :-)
Yea vampirism and regen early on seems only way to do this.
Why not using dragon ? I love diging chests and mana regen, and you dont need any army for it mystic egg, or any other unit you keep with yourself will do.
Also i found this in eng_fammiliar file :
Rage zloboglaza (beholders rage i think)
fam_skill_anger_rank_1_hint=withdrawing a familiar, getting the damage with a chance of 6% can again operate. Gives 1 OD.
What does this mean, after being hit asmodean have 6/13/19/25% chance to attack again like demon executioner.
Unstoppable i have and it gives me 20% to attack again in same round, but this skill i dont get how it works.

Yes, if Asmodeus gets hit, he has a chance to attack again like a Demon.

It is nice to have both Unstoppable and "Rage".

sdshadow
06-24-2011, 05:01 PM
i have played the game completely 30 times or so, the dragon pet is boring if you have played it so often...thats the matter why i play a solo without pet dragon and spells

The Wall is one of the best spells, at the last level with 5.000 Hitpoints it is a really lifesafer if you play a no loss (witch i have plenty of times with different settings).

After my Asmadeo solo i try a mistik solo (a new unit in red sands), this unit seems to be strong and powerful....i will see :)

The only other thing thats on my list is a single unit play with a tear one unit (e.g. skeleton archer), but i don´t hope that it will work on impossible, but i don´t start a Kings bounty game on o lower Difficulty...in my opinion impossible is not hard enough, a 500 % stronger army would be nice, but i don´t figured out if this can be changed with the editor.

Fatt_Shade
06-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Ok so we have asmodean with 3k hp, 750 hp regen per hit/turn, 20% to multiple attack, 25% for unlimited retaliation, 30% evasion, 2 aoe skills, and what else ... ?
Does any1 else think that impossible just lost all it`s meaning ? Playing all game with 1 skeleton archer and asmodean with no problems just seems wrong :-(
I get it`s fun unit, with great skills, but it`s just to much overpowered. Players before droped black knights for this, and we now have even worse situation with asmodean. He`s harder to kill then chaos dragon, more hp/dmg/att/def then any other unit in game and takes only 1 item slot . . .
And about 500% stronger enemy, try logic.txt file in sessions/red_sands/config folder and find this string
alead=0.6|1.1|1.5|2.1 // ęîýô. ëčäĺđńňâŕ âđŕăŕ
it`s enemy leadership (4 numbers for 4 difficulty lvl`s)and change to whichever value you want, there are also pet exp/gold/rage/income and similar settings, so go wild :-)

sdshadow
06-24-2011, 06:34 PM
I think Asmodeo gets to 10.000 HP and higher if there is no Level Cap. You are right, the Asmodeo solo is boring at this time, nothing can stop him at Level 59 with 4400 HP.

I don´t have a logic.txt as you mentioned. There is no config folder and my complete installation of kings bounty had no logic.txt.....:confused:

I really would like to start Red Sands new with 500 or even 1000% stronger armies:) I know i am insane.

EDIT: i have found them, red_sands.kfs open with winrar and the logic.txt is here

ckdamascus
06-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, but without cheating, it doesn't seem to work.

If someone can chime on a better technique to get it started. I'm playing as a mage impossible mode.

How do you generate enough rage if you don't use inquisitors? How do you guard the inquisitors AND asmodeus with just stone walls? I had to throw in a Orc Hunter to help buy some time.

From my understanding, he only did the solo when he gave himself two Twinkling boots, so that's just a LITTLE overpowered early on, even if it was to compensate for "lost" medals and "kiting" for a twinking boot.

He also gave himself some huge set of skeleton archers so he could keep asmodeus running around.

The odd part is, soloing with Asmodeus is sometimes much better than not soloing with Asmodeus because you rob him of experience points if you do use him with an army. That is precisely why I have restarted a couple of times.

I am just finding it really hard to start it off fluidly without requiring to kite to get physical resist items. Otherwise, I need a method to heal him or let him fight enough to get all the vital skills.

Any tips anyone? I suppose I could just play it normally and use de-buffs to help feed asmodeus with my other, older saved game. (as opposed to starting over again to supposedly gain more xp for asmodeus).

sdshadow
06-24-2011, 09:55 PM
no, i don´t rob Asmadeo from XP, i don´t use skeleton archers, i had use a single skeleton, and this only to start the battle, not to fight:)

I have use the first Twinkling boot from the start, because you can farm it without a fight (if you are lucky to have one in the game), the second one after i was in verona, because i had the metal normally always if i reach verona if i have Archmages and 10 stone skin every battle.

It is simple, buy a portion of rage and drink it before the first fight, than you can make one fight after the other (because you don´t need mana), you have always enough rage for walls, if it don´t work drink another portion of rage till Asmadeo is strong enough and has a few heal ablities.

Don´t wait for mana after a fight, you can´t buy enough portion of rage to drink it for every fight, a wall is better then 3 or 4 spells in a fight, rage is more important as mana to keep Asmadeo alive the first fights. If you have the luck (as i have) that you can choose the heal/round at the first level and the more HP at the second level it is done. If there is no of these two it can really be hard...

If i begin new i would rather made a fighter instead of my paladin or your mage, it is slightly easier as a fighter because you can build a few Defense Points quick and at the beginning every point defence is the best you can get. And a mage is later total useless, because Asmadeo make more damage and every wait for full mana is later boring (as every playgame i made as a mage).

Money is total useless (only for items) so if you would like to play as an mage then buy a few strong Damagespells and cast them without mana from the scroll (because you can´t learn it at the beginning). If you play a mage i guess that you know that trap and any poison spell are the best at the start (because of the lowering of Attacking by poisend enemys). Or a slowing spell is more worth as a firebolt and so on...but i don´t use this method, i only use a few spells to kill the 3 enemies at the second battle in the training.

But without kiting or reloading many times for better items at the start i don´t think a solo is working (i hate both, it is boring, thats the reason i gave me a Twinkle boot to use and a helm with 1 defence and a boot with 1 defence - because you can get it from the first few shops if you are lucky).

Edit: and there are a few enemys at the first island that are in every playgame really week, like the two Devilfish at the beach or the few units at the academy. Search for enemys without range attack or week range attack and don´t try to kill every enemy in sight. And don´t forget to make the training at the start, the two battles are really easy and you get 3 items (i destroyed the paladins bevor the fight with the thieves) and you will get a free level for your hero after the training to get a few important runes.
If you run out of money because you will buy spells please note that if you have a sea dog in one of the two not in the battle working spaces you will get 10% Gold of every fight AND every goldpiece you pick up outside the fights.

ckdamascus
06-25-2011, 01:40 AM
Ah ok! Good tips, thanks!

The reason why I picked the mage is because of double cast. I realize Asmodeus gets more XP the more damage he does.

Imagine if I can cast Pygmy and Doom on an enemy in round 1? :)

Also, I am not really doing a full solo, but I am trying my best to level up Asmodeus enough so he can sort of do a solo.

Yeah, I did not get the "healing 10% per round" skill.... I still do not have it yet and I am level 7. Bad luck.

tori2uke
06-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I dont know a single word in Russian, do you guys know when will they release the English version? I'm longing for it ....

sdshadow
06-25-2011, 12:29 PM
there is an english fan based translation:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23485

I don´t understand russian myself, a few translation are really weird (a few skills of units) but it is playable and you can figure a few skills of units by try and error.

Only Quests are not translated yet, but this should not be a problem, but i hope they are translated in the future.

There is no plan from the original mod makers to translate it and as i heard from the original mod makers that even 1C Publishing has no intend to translate this masterpiece.

sdshadow
06-25-2011, 03:35 PM
I tried impossible as a Mage without any items from the start.

I had a really bad starting, no good item in the first shops, only boots with 1 defence. But it worked without any problem, i am now level 8 and i quit use walls and spells at level 5 (and i have only use 14 spells until then).

A solo is anytime working, no matter which items you have at the beginning.

tori2uke
06-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Ok, I have another question: If I applied this language patch, and then a better one released and I apply the better, will I have to restart the whole game for the new patch to work ? ( Sorry, I'm dumb, never tried it before )

Fatt_Shade
06-25-2011, 07:00 PM
No you wont have problems with it , just check new files and replace eng translated, with already existing in your game folder i did that and no problems so far.

tori2uke
06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
I play Mage, too. And now my hero reach Lv5 and Asmo Lv2. But soling with Asmo is really hard. He now has only 205 HP and I almost cleared Debir. I dont have any undead with me. Asmo only do ~50-70 Dmg per round. Does it mean if I want to solo with Asmo I have to play again and use him only ? Or can I continue with my path, use RuneMage to heal him and stuff ?

ckdamascus
06-27-2011, 03:07 PM
I play Mage, too. And now my hero reach Lv5 and Asmo Lv2. But soling with Asmo is really hard. He now has only 205 HP and I almost cleared Debir. I dont have any undead with me. Asmo only do ~50-70 Dmg per round. Does it mean if I want to solo with Asmo I have to play again and use him only ? Or can I continue with my path, use RuneMage to heal him and stuff ?

I'm not sure, as I have multiple games with a higher level Asmo etc, but he isn't the primary guy, he is a big support role. Based on what I am seeing so far though, I would say you might need some key abilities before he can be a deadly force.

Healing him with rune mages is ok, but the problem is he needs to do tremendous damage and/or get in the thick of battle to get more experience.

Babying Asmodeus alone isn't usually enough if you want him to be a solo powerhouse.

If he gets hit multiple times, AND survives somehow, he gets a lot more experience. If he gets hit horribly and dies, he actually does get some decent experience.

That is also why some of his skills let him smash up low level units with ZERO retaliation. This will build up his attack rating tremendously because it is based on how much damage he does.

If you use Pygmy + Doom on some level 1 monster and you use asmodeus to hit him, you will get ridiculous experience.

Or at least, that is what should happen in theory.

Tianx
06-27-2011, 05:26 PM
How and what are the new companions you can get in this mod? I have seen the assassin and the lizardman in the screenshot but since the quests are not translated, I am not sure what sequence of text I should but inputting to get them.

Fatt_Shade
06-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Some tips as i see them for lvling asmo early in game :
1) pick dragon with wall on start.
2) get 2-3 inquisitors and split them in troops of 1, for rage to build walls, and to resurect eachother when die.
3) royal thorn is great pick for summoning cannon meat.
4) and in doing all this use asmodean to kill most enemy units, your army is mainly for generating rage and summons.
5) early pick asmo skill to regen per turn/melee hit Vampirism Regeneration, Unstoppable Furious is also good chance% to attack/retaliate again, Titan is a must to keep him alive. things as lightning attack shock, evade%, steal spell with disintegration ray and such leave for later.
When possible get couple archmages to spam guardian angel medal (split them in stack`s of 1 unit and spam every 2 turn magic shield) almost no need to cast spells for medal, use mana for pugmy/doom (more exp for asmodean), or trap(great medal on 4th lvl).
As for new companions i also havent seen them because cant undestand their chat options. On Verona is 1 turn left from marshal who gives you task to liberate duke in castle. Mesmer(Montero underground can take him after defeting him for quest) is other, Kotor(assasin hero in elon/montero underground depends where you find him), there are also some other companions i havent found but all you need can read in game/sessions/red_sands/config/companion file all available companions, item slots, bonuses etc. . .
Also 1 note developer missed new Sun sprite unit in Agraves companion bonus.

Tianx
06-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Some tips as i see them for lvling asmo early in game :
1) pick dragon with wall on start.
2) get 2-3 inquisitors and split them in troops of 1, for rage to build walls, and to resurect eachother when die.
3) royal thorn is great pick for summoning cannon meat.
4) and in doing all this use asmodean to kill most enemy units, your army is mainly for generating rage and summons.
5) early pick asmo skill to regen per turn/melee hit Vampirism Regeneration, Unstoppable Furious is also good chance% to attack/retaliate again, Titan is a must to keep him alive. things as lightning attack shock, evade%, steal spell with disintegration ray and such leave for later.
When possible get couple archmages to spam guardian angel medal (split them in stack`s of 1 unit and spam every 2 turn magic shield) almost no need to cast spells for medal, use mana for pugmy/doom (more exp for asmodean), or trap(great medal on 4th lvl).
As for new companions i also havent seen them because cant undestand their chat options. On Verona is 1 turn left from marshal who gives you task to liberate duke in castle. Mesmer(Montero underground can take him after defeting him for quest) is other, Kotor(assasin hero in elon/montero underground depends where you find him), there are also some other companions i havent found but all you need can read in game/sessions/red_sands/config/companion file all available companions, item slots, bonuses etc. . .
Also 1 note developer missed new Sun sprite unit in Agraves companion bonus.

What version of the mod are you using and what about the AP version? I tried to installed the russian version onto Steam version of AP and seem to miss some files because I don't even have the directory you are talking about.

Fatt_Shade
06-28-2011, 01:02 AM
It doesn`t matter what version you have, just check your game folder and find red sand that you downloaded from some link in this tread. In that folder you`ll find winrar archive and opening it it contains all files i mentioned.I just unrared it in my game sessions/red_sands.
As for your question about some translation missing it`s still not all finished, we all hope that final english version will have all chat translated properly new companion/quests etc.

ckdamascus
06-28-2011, 11:39 AM
What version of the mod are you using and what about the AP version? I tried to installed the russian version onto Steam version of AP and seem to miss some files because I don't even have the directory you are talking about.

You can make the new directories yourself. It seems to recursively look through them. I did it with my Impulse version without any problems.

As an aside

- Asmodeus' Sixth Sense actually teleports him into another location! So, if he evades, he teleports away. This is what the other guy here was trying to say.

By the way, my Asmodeus is up to level 12, still only level 1 vampiric and level 1 "accelerated" metabolism. I had an option to go to level 2 vampiric and/or level 1 accelerated. I opted for level 1 accelerated.

Poo. :(

sdshadow
06-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Heal/round and Titan for more Health is the first picks you should make with a solo Asmodeo. It depends on luck if you can make this at the first levels, i have started a solo twice and i have twice at the first Level Heal/round, 2nd level Titan and 3rd Level Heal/round to choose.

If you have Heal/round, Titan and Vampirism at a Maxlevel all is easy and boring, because you can stop all Walls, all Spells, you can kill all alone with Asmodeo.

The key is to kill really all with asmodeo, only spells if it is really a lifesafer. If you kill with other units he is not strong enough for the other islands. If you make your play easy if you use a few other units at the start you have later a big problem.

You can say that a Solo Asmodeo has always twice the Level at the beginning as your hero. And later on leveling is much faster, every two fights you gain a level with him (sometimes if the fight is really hard you can make two levels in one fight).

I quit playing with a solo Asmodeo at Level 68, because he is so strong that it make no fun, really boring...The only problem later are really strong undead units (because Vampirism don´t work) and elfen units if they get the right wind or fire buff at a fight.

But my modified game with 400 % stronger enemies are really fun, all above is not working without cheating, but 400% is possible and really really hard:)

Tianx
06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
It doesn`t matter what version you have, just check your game folder and find red sand that you downloaded from some link in this tread. In that folder you`ll find winrar archive and opening it it contains all files i mentioned.I just unrared it in my game sessions/red_sands.
As for your question about some translation missing it`s still not all finished, we all hope that final english version will have all chat translated properly new companion/quests etc.

The file I downloaded was an set-up exe file. Do you know a link to the RAR file such as the adventure mode.

Fatt_Shade
06-29-2011, 09:59 AM
File you dl-ed, like rest of us, is instalation file and it will instal itself in your game folder. Find in your Kings Bounty Crossworlds folder, red_sands, and inside should be red_sands winrar archive. After extracting that archive in same dolred you`ll find all files that make this mod. Most are txt files describing units/skills/items etc, and mostly selfexplanatory companion files for companions you can hire, chat, quest,items etc. Atom files are function for game mechanics, and function of unit skills/abilities and such.
So just find red_sands folder where you instaled your game and extract winrar archive you find there, and check files you want to. If your not sure about moding some files I recommend not to, because you can some things in game to stop working.

tori2uke
06-29-2011, 02:03 PM
When do your Asmo get pass your hero by level? my level ratio Asmo:Hero is only about 1:2 :( And do I really have to use Ritual skill to get him level up faster ? Cause I don't have strong undead in my army, Cursed ghost is the best I have...

sdshadow
06-29-2011, 02:33 PM
Ritual Skill is not really useful to level up a solo Asmodeo, to low XP for using it one time a battle. Later on if you can use it 3 times (with 3 Points in it and the skill Summoner at Mage tree) and you can heal yourself (=Asmodeo) with it, it is quite good, but only for the heal, 30 XP for one use at a time that you get 3000 XP with one attack is not good.

But you can make one or two Level (not level of Asmodeo, Level of the skill - it is not one singel Level of Asmodeo that you can make with it if you use it every fight at the first island), but at the beginning you don´t have any undead unit at the first Island and later on it is really not good, a attack is better to level up, because later on you get a chance to attack again after a attack and you can e.g. make 6.000 XP instead of only 30 XP with one Ritual.

Till Level 3 of the hero you should have the same level at asmodeo, after this asmodeo has always a higher level. But only if you use only him for battle and no other unit, because with other units that are beaten (Asmodeo gets XP if a enemy attacks him) or if you attack with other units you rob him many XP.

But if you make all non fighting quests at the beginning and make your hero level 17 bevor you fight anything it can be that Asmodeo is long time lower level:)

Fatt_Shade
06-29-2011, 09:42 PM
It`s as sdshadow said, mystic ritual is almost useless. Keep it on 1 lvl so asap you can pick some undead unit you use it in end of battle before killing last enemy. It gives insignificant exp comparing to normal attack or disurraption ray/lightning attack.
Get some lvl`s on vampirism/regeneration for asmo and jump in enemy troops because he get riciculous amount of exp being hit, retaliatting and attacking also, while with rest of army pick up chests and mana balls (good units in start are couple of ingusitors to generate rage for making walls/digging chests, or archmages to get guardian angel medal). Later use mana to get other medals fire mage/iron warrior/holy knight depending of your hero class. And casting pugmy/doom on enemy gives more exp for asmo no idea why.
Use asmo to kill most of enemy troops, and he`ll get more lvl`s then your hero before clearing debir and later from verona he can get 300-400 exp per attack in,same for being attacked and with unstoppable skill, can get 2k exp per round which is sick. Hero on other hand get 1500-2000 exp per battle in verona. There asmo will be at least 5-10 lvl ahead of hero. But this get boring very fast :-(

ckdamascus
06-30-2011, 01:11 PM
It is pretty sad/funny that my particular game run only let me get to vampiric 30%/150 per bite at level.... 18 or so.

Truly bad luck. Although, I suppose thankfully I did get titan semi-early.

So, only now is Asmo "somewhat" capable of quasi soloing. The idea is to definitely get to do multiple attacks and leech back a lot of your life.

The +HP/round is perhaps one of the best options (which I only got at like maybe level 10?). I could have gotten the 30%/cap at +500 HP one, but considering I only have 1200 HP, it didn't seem to make much sense compared to vampiric.

I also noticed that Pygmy is not available yet (I am on Montero, level 17, and my Asmo is level 21). Although the Dagger of Judgment is on Verona... hmmm. Perhaps I should have spent more rage on digging up chests, but then again, I had few, if any + rage items at all for the longest time.

I picked the Stone Wall pet dragon, but I really should have picked the Blue one (+1 initiative to dragons and animals) since i needed (and still need) the transitionary units. Ah well. Why waste two rounds on a stone wall which dies in one hit around the 2nd island? <shrugs>

I do have two boots of the Snake though. Throw that in with the Gorgon and you got yourself quite a nice army and perhaps the only way I was able to salvage the game. (I have level 3 summoning too, so this is a nice treat).

However, I got some the level 2 Archmage skill so rune mages are easier to procure with my pitiful leadership. Just got phantom, so hopefully I can use that to heal spam up my Asmodeus so he can get more aggressive and gain levels even faster.

Right now, I still have to soften the enemies a little bit so they don't take him out so easily.

tori2uke
06-30-2011, 02:33 PM
Mine is still really suck... I don't have much time to play, so I'm still on Scarlet Wind. My Asmo is still Lv 4 And gain only ~12EXP per round if he don't get hit. Also, I realized that if the battle is too long, Asmo will gain less EXP and even at around round 17 he don't gain any EXP at all. Pitiful :( So, after a battle, how is your creature Damage Compability ? My Asmo is only ~40% since I need other attacker to keep him alive ...

Fatt_Shade
06-30-2011, 02:45 PM
Asmodean get Xp for creatures he kill, not dmg he make i think because making crit hit for 4000 or only 100 dmg to kill some unit gives same amount of XP. So use him as much as you can to kill enemy troops.
As for stone wall pet dragon he realy shines after 22 lvl , wall then have 6000 hp and 90 dmg. Up untill then wall mainly use is to make enemy psend turn destroing it, while you kill them with asmo. Other option is using trap spell.
And summoner skill i dont think is great idea for solo asmodean game, because he`ll kill most enemy, so better to invest runes in skills that he bennefit from : quick draw, onslaught, destroyer, prayer, and +att/def.
And i got this questions :
1) When checking asmodean item, on info below his picture is level, and (1/3). what does that mean ? 1/3 of what ?
2) Using disintegrating ray gives % chance to reduce enemy military data ???? wtf this do ?
3) Why is Giant so horrible unit ? He only get XP when attacking jumping skill doesnt give him xp at all no matter how much dmg he make. Cleared al verona and montero, and my giants still 2 rank. Just useless unit :-(
4) how to hire mesmer as companion ? when i talk to him there is no translation (rus chat) but after i defeated him castle is empty and i cant hind him anywhere. After i defeated kotor (assassin companion) he showed up near castle in montero, but mesmer simply disappear. Any help ppl ?

sdshadow
06-30-2011, 04:39 PM
1) 1/3 means that you have level up one skill (attack, defence, disintegrating ray ....). 2/3 you have level up two skills (or one skill two times) and at 3/3 you level up Asmodeo and it starts new with 0/3.

2) reducing enemy military data means that for one round the enemys attack, defence and health is reduced by 30% (not to 30%). This means dragons are really weaklings if you have them debuffed with this. For a solo it is useless, because it only lasts one round, but if you play with a full army and you use asmodeo first and all other units later it is really powerful.

PS: at level 68 was the highest XP for one attack 6732. It was a crit that killed a stack with 1200 level two units. A crit that make a lot more damage on a level 4 unit gives only 2320 XP. The XP really depends on Damage AND enemys killed. If you don´t play a solo and wan´t to level up fast you should aim for lower level units and leave the higher enemys to your other units..

ckdamascus
06-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Asmodean get Xp for creatures he kill, not dmg he make i think because making crit hit for 4000 or only 100 dmg to kill some unit gives same amount of XP. So use him as much as you can to kill enemy troops.
As for stone wall pet dragon he realy shines after 22 lvl , wall then have 6000 hp and 90 dmg. Up untill then wall mainly use is to make enemy psend turn destroing it, while you kill them with asmo. Other option is using trap spell.
And summoner skill i dont think is great idea for solo asmodean game, because he`ll kill most enemy, so better to invest runes in skills that he bennefit from : quick draw, onslaught, destroyer, prayer, and +att/def.
And i got this questions :
1) When checking asmodean item, on info below his picture is level, and (1/3). what does that mean ? 1/3 of what ?
2) Using disintegrating ray gives % chance to reduce enemy military data ???? wtf this do ?
3) Why is Giant so horrible unit ? He only get XP when attacking jumping skill doesnt give him xp at all no matter how much dmg he make. Cleared al verona and montero, and my giants still 2 rank. Just useless unit :-(
4) how to hire mesmer as companion ? when i talk to him there is no translation (rus chat) but after i defeated him castle is empty and i cant hind him anywhere. After i defeated kotor (assassin companion) he showed up near castle in montero, but mesmer simply disappear. Any help ppl ?

For my game, summoner skill prob makes more sense. Mostly because, my Asmodeus' tree was clearly not ideal for solo. Having a very high phantom (affected by summoner) lets me clone rune mages, which means I can keep healing asmodeus.

Also, the only useful unit i had was a gorgon, which is greatly benefited by level 3 summoner especially when I had 2 snake boots since gorgons summon snakes. :) I agree it is not good in pure solo, but I think a pure solo Asmo game is not realistic or practical for most games.

I think to hire mesmer, you cannot talk/accept the mission to kill him. You probably have to talk to him first.

To spend the time to buff up trap ... and the mana cost of trap? Poo. I suppose for the magic immune enemies it is good, but otherwise, slow seems better.

sd already answered the other questions. But for clarity, the radiation ray basically acts like plague, it lowers their maximum HP. This makes them VERY ideal to get hit by asmodeus... if only he could trigger another attack in time. :)

Basically, every sub-skill, like attack, defense, disintegration ray, teleport, has their own "skill level". For every 3 levels of ANY of those skills that go up, you level up your asmodeus.

So if you are level 16 (2/3) and your attack is level 15, and defense is level 14, and disintegration ray is level 3..... if you level up disintegration ray to 4... you will become level 17 (0/3) aka, you level up.

That is why I originally asked what is the best path. e.g. evenly levelling up all the sub skills so you can level up the asmodeus "faster" or powering the attack skill.

Apparently, attack/defense with a long lasting, multi hitting asmodeus is the way to go. :)

Fatt_Shade
06-30-2011, 08:58 PM
For Gorgon and other beholder units i figured out something just now. There is no way to get them to high morale, since there are no skill/item for it. Now we have some interesting new units Mystic, Medium, Gorgon, Asmodean all considered beholder and cant boost their morale. Also cant upgrade them from basic normal beholder (also tried but cant find bacademy file in red_sands mod). Thought about adding this units in voice of dragon, (not really animals, but they are neutrals so i think that +moral should apply for them).
Mesmer already killed, so F..K !!! But Kotor i also killed, and he showed up after at entrance of main castle in montero. Next time i`ll wait for full translated version before killing him, to see what can i do :-(
Trap is among best mana/dmg ratio spells in game (for mage at least), and also great against dragons/demons on 3 lvl - poisoning.
And for asmodean skills i figured it out finaly, read all his files and got idea what everything does. And got to conclusion that i fu...ed up on start with early lvl skills :-( Better build next time :-P

ckdamascus
07-01-2011, 12:40 AM
For Gorgon and other beholder units i figured out something just now. There is no way to get them to high morale, since there are no skill/item for it. Now we have some interesting new units Mystic, Medium, Gorgon, Asmodean all considered beholder and cant boost their morale. Also cant upgrade them from basic normal beholder (also tried but cant find bacademy file in red_sands mod). Thought about adding this units in voice of dragon, (not really animals, but they are neutrals so i think that +moral should apply for them).
Mesmer already killed, so F..K !!! But Kotor i also killed, and he showed up after at entrance of main castle in montero. Next time i`ll wait for full translated version before killing him, to see what can i do :-(
Trap is among best mana/dmg ratio spells in game (for mage at least), and also great against dragons/demons on 3 lvl - poisoning.
And for asmodean skills i figured it out finaly, read all his files and got idea what everything does. And got to conclusion that i fu...ed up on start with early lvl skills :-( Better build next time :-P

Yeah but the mystic can already up his criticals fairly high with max runes. With the new level 4 medals too, you got a little bit more juice plus you still got normal global critical boosting items.

I never considered the beholders big damage dealers anyway. They are usually there for support/debilitation. (except for Asmo!)

Have you tried levelling trap up when you are doing a solo Asmodeus or quasi solo Asmodeus? Poo. :) I'd rather beef up his defense by building up guardian angel trophy or even my mana pool via firemage trophy.

Fatt_Shade
07-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Beholders weren`t dmg dealer before this mod, now mystic have 2 aoe skills, medium also +book of evil x2, gorgon can summon meat shields, so beholders can be more then just suport now.
Since develop team included them for some reason in quick draw skill (still have no idea why) they can make something in battle.
As fo mana pool with fire mage medal, i got some idea to edit it. Casting fire spells, to get mana not much logic there. I changed that medal to lower enemy ressistances -2/4/6/8 % poison/fire/magic.
For warrior was thinking to add physical dmg 2/4/6/8 %, and for paladin -attack to undead/demons simmlar to holy anger skill.

ckdamascus
07-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Beholders weren`t dmg dealer before this mod, now mystic have 2 aoe skills, medium also +book of evil x2, gorgon can summon meat shields, so beholders can be more then just suport now.
Since develop team included them for some reason in quick draw skill (still have no idea why) they can make something in battle.
As fo mana pool with fire mage medal, i got some idea to edit it. Casting fire spells, to get mana not much logic there. I changed that medal to lower enemy ressistances -2/4/6/8 % poison/fire/magic.
For warrior was thinking to add physical dmg 2/4/6/8 %, and for paladin -attack to undead/demons simmlar to holy anger skill.

Have you tried using the Mystics? I guess they might work better with warriors, but they do 'OK' damage. Their ray isn't that awesome (compared to rune mages which ALSO applies a chance to sheep for EACH target hit by the ray).

Their "aoe stomp" is laughable too.

I haven't tried the mediums mostly because I hate dealing with undead allies. However, seeing as that crazy necro energy crap they have lets them revive ... seemingly for free, maybe I should add some in there.

But.... summoning and debilitation is the definition of support. :) What is your idea of support?

Well, it is because beholders tend to do special effects on strike. Quick Draw is the warriors way of "casting spells" since if properly done you can do devasting attacks in the beginning, just like a mage with a black dragon (or better, archdemon) can nuke first.

So, beholders are probably supposed to be the warriors way of 'casting a debiliator' early on, as opposed to a nuke (archers being the nuke).

By the way, since you seem so dead set on using beholders are damage dealers, Trigger's critical hit bonus applies to beholders. :)

Fatt_Shade
07-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Mystic stomp is nice for mage hero if you dont have EGD to push enemy to traps, ray is weaker then rune mages, but you can keep 6 mystic for 1 rune mage leadership, and they also can revive themselves. So i call them troop for all tasks.
I`m not so decided to play beholders, i just say new units are interesting to play. Up untill now we had beholder, and evil beholder which were laughable. Now it`s interesting to use them.
I know about triggers bonus to archers, but beholders leadership/dmg is horrible so i wouldnt take them for full archer army.
And for support : EGD, priest, paladin, shaman, dryad.

tori2uke
07-03-2011, 02:00 AM
fam_skill_bloodlust_rank_1_hint=With probability 7% gets an OD and a second stroke during the attack.
What are the differences between these two ?

Fatt_Shade
07-03-2011, 10:19 AM
Bloodlust gives you %chance to attack again after your turn, like goblin unstoppable talent or new human race fighting spirit.
Anger gives you %chance to attack again after retaliation, like demon/executioner talent demon rage. The more enemy nuits hit asmodean, more chance for him to act again.
Both skills are great to pick, but first take bloodlust, for anger you must beef asmodean up first (give him much hp, to survive enemy attacks), and sixth sense is good for this too.

tori2uke
07-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Are the mods for CW work in RED Sand ??

Fatt_Shade
07-05-2011, 04:00 PM
What mod`s exactly ?
Since there is many new units, game/battle mechanics i dont think old CW mod`s will work.
Army mod, battle camera mod do work i think, but as for some that change medals, skills and such wont and make problems with this expansion.

tori2uke
07-07-2011, 01:33 PM
What the hell ! I searched the whole Reha and still can't find a single unit of Dead Lizard. Do I need to trigger an event ? I can see some cloud on the map near Reha, may be there's a new island there ?
And I find that in this mod, there are 6 unplayable unit. When counting the unit in Dead lizard race, I find 6 units. Do you think what I'm thinking about ? :| I hope not.

Fatt_Shade
07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I got stuck on same place, and stoped playing untill final translation comes out. I`m sure there is some quest that unlock new island.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23322
they say there are at least 12 more quests, so some of them must give us acess to new island. I decided to play when full translated mod comes out, since i have no idea what am i suposed to do with 5 quests i got so far (white untranclated chat from some NPC-s).
As for what to do , @tori2ruke i sugest to w8 full english mod :-(

ckdamascus
07-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Jolly Roger is INSANE for Asmodeus users. Since he gains XP based on damage, raising the critical damage makes it a stupendously good item.

I think I am around level 30, and Asmodeus is now level 45 or so. He is quite beefy now (about time). ;)

sdshadow
07-16-2011, 02:23 PM
i also stuck on my two Red Sands Playgames (solo Asmodeo and a normal play without Asmodeo), you can´t play many new things if you can´t understand the quest text.

But i startet a new game with 750% difficulty and with a few unlimited units and powerful items....it is funny and really hard, but i really looking forward to the later fights - i have sneaked to Elon and startet a fight against one enemy, a pack of 177 Level 5 units (and over 40.000 Level one fairies) seems really impossible but funny for me:)

infernal1800
07-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Does anyone or a team trying to translate Red Sands to English?

After downloading the mod, i tried to learn the exp system of the mod and finally be able to put it in my own campaign ( i'm using game editor). All of the troop now are able to gain exp. For me, its quite funny and i'm still making some more maps. Right now, my campaign has 3 more islands,6 caves and up to 14 new quest (i edited them) + some islands and caves from Redsands mod + original.

Does anyone interesting in editing new map? I've found that the editor is very powerful and i love editing map :D

Sorry for my bad English, i come from Vietnam and i like playing this game but unfortunately this game is not well-known in my country :(

Tianx
08-05-2011, 06:38 PM
It's such a shame that this great Mod isn't getting more support. How long has it been out and still no official word on the translation. I wish I could help but I have no clue about Russian.

langtu87
08-07-2011, 03:40 AM
My asemado has level 35. When I talk with him and choose option 4, my leadership reduce 2k and mana reduce 20, anyone know why is this. I don't know russian. :confused:

Belcanzor
08-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Translating the chats I see you "free" him and he is no more occupying a slot in your inventory but he is more powerful now. You "pay" leadership and mana for that...

langtu87
08-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Translating the chats I see you "free" him and he is no more occupying a slot in your inventory but he is more powerful now. You "pay" leadership and mana for that...

WOW, thank you.
IMO, Asmodeo is overpower. when he is level 30, he can solo the battle to suppress item with 5 gremlim about 7k HP. The trouble with suppress item at KB CW now make asmodeo gain exp easily. When he attack a grelim tower, he can get 600-1k exp for defend for just 150 dmg he received(normally he can get 40-50 exp for a 200 dmg re received)

When I unload all item. My Leadedship/Rage/Mana is 7096/37/64. I free Asmodeo and Leadedship/Rage/Mana become 5096/17/54. (It just subtract 10 mana, 20 rage and 2k leadership but the mess is -20MP,-20rage. -2k leadership)
The real weird is if I free him when wear all items then unload all item. My Leadedship/Rage/Mana become 5142/42/45. (rage +5, mana -19, leadership -1954)
Is there a bug?:confused:

PS, it seem a bug. The more mana, rage which item you wear add, the more you get mana, rage after free asmodeo. I just try some combo item then free him. And the best results (without item) is 5096/42/82 (+5rage, +18mana, -2k leadership)

saroumana
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Do enemy stack get experience level too ? I'm on Verona and all enemy have +1 speed (+ many other bonus). And i found that VERY annoying.

ok we got experience and bonus too, but :
-we change of troop pretty often, except for kiter of course.
-speed factor change everything

And it will get worst and worst i assume.

infernal1800
08-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Do enemy stack get experience level too ? I'm on Verona and all enemy have +1 speed (+ many other bonus). And i found that VERY annoying.

ok we got experience and bonus too, but :
-we change of troop pretty often, except for kiter of course.
-speed factor change everything

And it will get worst and worst i assume.

Enemy stack do gain experience and this amount is depended on level/leadership of the troop and maybe the difficulty too. I think is ok because it isnt fair if you can gain exp but the enemy cannot. That make you have to think more about strategy or even reduce the difficulty, because the game is getting more difficult :)

saroumana
08-09-2011, 09:58 AM
Enemy stack do gain experience and this amount is depended on level/leadership of the troop and maybe the difficulty too. I think is ok because it isnt fair if you can gain exp but the enemy cannot. That make you have to think more about strategy or even reduce the difficulty, because the game is getting more difficult :)

But, your army don't really get lot of level if you don't kite. In this case you change pretty often of troop.

The worst is the speed. Even slow unit are way faster. At +1 speed it's hard, but later at +2 or more,i'll not be able to manage that.

infernal1800
08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
But, your army don't really get lot of level if you don't kite. In this case you change pretty often of troop.

The worst is the speed. Even slow unit are way faster. At +1 speed it's hard, but later at +2 or more,i'll not be able to manage that.

I remember that we have a almighty monster that is capable of soloing the whole campaign. I havent tried the mod yet because I'm still busy with creating new mod, so I dont know much about this creature. Maybe it can help you out :)

saroumana
08-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Well yeah, with powerleveling, asmodeo can be very powerfull, but without he suck ;). Last time he die by one hit of a stack of goblin.

Fatt_Shade
08-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I agree with saroumana either you go solo asmodean and get bored after he get 20 more lvl then hero. Or dont even use him, and let your units get exp and lvlup.
You can`t have both ways, strong asmodean and strong units, pick one on start and stick with it because even first battles means much to lvling asmodean.

tori2uke
08-21-2011, 03:09 AM
@infernal1800: I'm Vietnamese too :P Hanoi

My Asmodean is still no better than a supporter. He really suck if you don't get him to lv up at the beginning, I agree.

infernal1800
08-22-2011, 02:18 PM
@infernal1800: I'm Vietnamese too :P Hanoi

My Asmodean is still no better than a supporter. He really suck if you don't get him to lv up at the beginning, I agree.

Sure, I've sent you a private message :) Can you use the Editor without any problem :|

tori2uke
09-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Havent received any message :|

I tried the ediror once and found it impossible.

Btw, anyone knows when will English lang patch be completed ? :(

zhaozhilong
09-17-2011, 01:46 AM
Just starting Verona area and saw a new cave in Verona.......just one mob in there ..... looks likes the cave in KB Legends where we have to grab some plants... Is there a new quest later on relating to RS ?:confused:

Belcanzor
09-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Yes, later one quest send you to that cave.

F-kid
04-04-2012, 07:04 AM
I am getting two game breaking issues here, on these two quests (check the screenshots):

1- Red Sands main quest step 4: Vasdegamu doesn't do anything, just his regular conversation

2- These sea wolves quest step 5: no one in Rusty Anchor will do anything, I've tried every single npc

If the quests are broken, is there a command to skip the bugged parts? If not, am i screwed up?

F-kid
04-04-2012, 01:57 PM
I am getting two game breaking issues here, on these two quests (check the screenshots):

1- Red Sands main quest step 4: Vasdegamu doesn't do anything, just his regular conversation

2- These sea wolves quest step 5: no one in Rusty Anchor will do anything, I've tried every single npc

If the quests are broken, is there a command to skip the bugged parts? If not, am i screwed up?

Just answering my own question here. I hope to help anyone with the same problems as me:

The quest log for the english version means almost nothing, don't try to follow it precisely or you'll get crazy searching useless places.

The quests in my post say rusty anchor and uzala. Rusty anchor had absolutely nothing to do with the quest at this point. And uzala is correct but at a further point.

I got the quest going as soon as spoke to the guy in that castle in verona, the one near that rebel peasant that has an army with tons of peasants and demoness.

After I got the quest from this guy in the castle (I avoided fighting him at first!!) to pick up some flowers then the questline started to flow more properly.

In one latest part the quest says: "find the answers in red sands" and nothing more. I wandered a lot until I found out that I needed to speak to the necromancer guy in the big castle in nameless island.

bearcrazy
06-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Hi I am new to red sands, and would like to train Asmodeus .

So far I only picked Vampirism lvl 1, as I am early in the game.

Can anyone give me list of recommended skills I should pick for Asmodeus??

For example, should I pick Necromancy or Harvest? If so, how many points into each?

By the way, I am NOT playing it solo. I do have 5 units team.

Thank you very much