PDA

View Full Version : Need more frames. What else can I do?

Vengeanze
06-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I run on an iMac. Clean and up-to-date W7 on boot camp.
The native res is 2560 x 1440 and flying in any other res in game makes everything look like crap so I can't turn down res.

When everything in video settings are set to a minimum of what I can accept I get 30 fps in Deathtrack and 20 - 30 in other single missions. This is just a tad too few to get a fluid session.

So any tip on what I can do to get me over the threshold?

- W7 up to date
- No AV
- Got the latest vid drivers (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=345525)
- Tried Pseudo
- Tried Gamebooster (gave me 1 more frame)
- Tried Affinity mask
- Tried ATI Tray Tools and RadeonPro (don't know how to work these programs though)
- Switched off Wallpaper rotation (desktop themes) in Win7
- Tried V-sync on/off
- Manually stopped unnecessary services in W7
- Power Management settings is set to performance
- Mirror in game turned off
- Checked ShadowMapSize in conf.ini (=5)

Haven't tried the ramdisk but apparently it won't help. Guess this means that a SSD won't help much either.
I gonna up the ram to 8GB soon. Dunno if this will help much.

Luthier said they gonna do some small optimization to the game in a couple of months.

So my question is, is there something that I haven't tried that can give me more frames without changing videosettings.

335th_GRAthos
06-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Well, I think if you have 30fps in Black Death your system rocks! (I do not think I get as many...)

I understand you fly such high resolution because of your monitor.
Have you tried switching among the different dispay modes? full screen, pseydo, window mode? (you wrote pseydo so I presume you fly full screen now).

And if you try window mode, you can set the window to a smaller resolution (e.g. 1280x1024) and test whether this gives you better fps. IF IT DOESN'T then you know your problem of "game fluidity" lies somewhere else.
You can start the game in window mode and then alt-Tab and drag-drop or RESIZE the window to a size you like (can not do the latter in the CoD menu)

My 2cents

~S~

Ataros
06-07-2011, 08:14 AM
I have a short checklist in link #5 in my sig :grin:

upd
If you stick to 30 fps probably you have triple buffering off. Create a game(!) profile in ATT and switch triple buffering on (read the help file for ATT.) Then you can reduce tex quality and mip map quality from "high quality" to "quality" or lower in ATT creating a 3D(!) profile. Switch all optimization checkboxes on, etc, etc. Do not remember everything listed in my checklist myself. lol.

Vengeanze
06-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks Grathos. I tried the pseudo without any gain. Gonna try windowed and then resize.
Positive side of having 2560 x 1440 is that AA is nearly obsolete. :-D

Vengeanze
06-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I have a short checklist in link #5 in my sig :grin:

Your list is legendary and I've tried it all. Thank you. :-D

Troll2k
06-07-2011, 08:32 AM
I read that turning off the Aero theme in the launcher and turning off clickable cockpit would give you some more frames per second.However that was before some of the latest patches.I am not sure if that is still valid.

Vengeanze
06-07-2011, 08:48 AM
I read that turning off the Aero theme in the launcher and turning off clickable cockpit would give you some more frames per second.However that was before some of the latest patches.I am not sure if that is still valid.

Tried Aero. THink Luthier mentioned after latest patch something about turning Aero back on again.
I'll try the Clickable Cockpit. Where do I turn it off? Not with F10, I guess.