PDA

View Full Version : All servers down

Sauf
06-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Steam dropped the ball again by the looks of it.

Zephyr_66
06-02-2011, 01:44 AM
Yeah, it looks that way. I doubt all the Hosts chose this exact moment to shut their servers down. This sucks :(

Zephyr_66
06-02-2011, 02:05 AM
The leadfarm server is back up. We'll have to wait till all the other Hosts have restarted their servers to see the rest.

fireship4
06-02-2011, 02:21 AM
confirm. I guess I could be super optimistic and say its because a patch is being fed to them first? Has it happened like that before?

Zephyr_66
06-02-2011, 02:27 AM
Nope. Apparently Steam lost connection to about 2 million users for a brief period of time. Most MP games don't have a problem with that. However, with CLoD it requires the server host to manually restart the game on their hosting rig.

Sauf
06-02-2011, 02:39 AM
mmmmmm? Wonder if we can somehow set up a siren/klaxon in SYN_Blackrats house/bedroom to let him know when this happens?

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c93/spritzen/image01.jpg

And its in Chelsea! Ordering now, will let them know he can pick it up that way we save on postage! :-P

l3uLLDoZeR
06-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Haha...yes I do want the SYN server back, but I'm not sure he would approve!

Zephyr_66
06-02-2011, 02:46 AM
I posted the problem in their forum. Maybe a PM to speed things up? I do like my gratification instantly these day. Not because I'm impatient, but because I'M OLD :)

Blackrat
06-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Sorted, yep steam had logged the server off again, thats two days on the trot. Lucky I happen to be up extra early this morning, unfortunately not a lot can be done ATM to let us know earlier due to time zones.

I think Mrs. Blackrat might have something to say about a klaxon ;) and you don't wanna upset her I can tell ya :rolleyes:

Flashman
06-02-2011, 08:02 AM
I dream of a day when software exists to restart servers automatically... and to allow us to rotate missions preiodically without human input....

A man can dream can't he?

Ataros
06-02-2011, 08:56 AM
I dream of a day when software exists to restart servers automatically... and to allow us to rotate missions preiodically without human input....

A man can dream can't he?

This program can close unwanted Steam warnings automatically (and probably restart everything). But you have to write a script for it. http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/
There is some other windows automation and macro software but not as flexible as this one.

A mission can be restarted within Launcher with srcu file or via scripted telnet.

Sauf
06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
All down again :(

SYN_Flashman
06-02-2011, 09:25 AM
This program can close unwanted Steam warnings automatically (and probably restart everything). But you have to write a script for it. http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/
There is some other windows automation and macro software but not as flexible as this one.

A mission can be restarted within Launcher with srcu file or via scripted telnet.

We shall have to have a look at some of these things I think, see what we can do about this. I might be back with more questions...

Thanks Ataros

Blackrat
06-02-2011, 10:25 AM
All down again :(

Steam client update came through, looks like that stopped the server maybe, up and running again.

Qpassa
06-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Steam has asked to install an update of itself, maybe thats why It's actually wrong

335th_GRAthos
06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Steam client update came through, looks like that stopped the server maybe, up and running again.

Damn, I had to re-read this sentence three times to really understand what the update was for....
wishful thinking... :D

~S~

If your only tool is a hammer, all your problems look like nails...