PDA

View Full Version : Game Booster

Krt_Bong
06-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I just started using Game Booster with IL-2 COD
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
It does seem to keep me in the game longer but the game still tends to crash out after about 3 consecutive missions in the campaign, (memory leak?) Game Booster shuts down unnecessary Windows services and anything else the user designates through a simple interface or by dropping the game shortcut into the game booster window. When the game is started it automatically shuts down these services. Might help some of you.

BigPickle
06-02-2011, 07:12 AM
waste of time mate, these programs tie up more cpu and ram, you just end up braking even after turning services off.
You can turn off these services anyhow through windows.

Goto run - type msconfig and look at them in there and turn off all the unnecessary ones, also refine your start up because thats be biggest sucker of ram. I have only GPU and Audio and keyboard on start up.

ICDP
06-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi Krt_Bong,

If your PC is locking up then there is something more fundamental wrong than some errant/unwanted services. Software like gamebooster are something I would never ever recommend. Now it might be easy to blame CoD for this, especially if it is the only software causing lockups. The truth is that I and many others here can run CoD without lockups, this means it is most likely a system fault. Here comes the usual car anology :)

Imagine the red engine warning light came on in your car. Instead of bringing it to a mechanic you just put a bandaid over the light on the dashboard. You haven't actually fixed the problem, you have just hidden it from view. The fundamental problem is still there, getting worse and worse until eventually the engine dies completely. Gamebooster is the equivelant of the bandaid in this anology... :)

My advice is backup any important files and run a clean install of your OS. Make sure to download the latest drivers for ALL of your hardware prior to formatting, such as Motherboard, Soundcard, Video card etc. I have seen up to 50% boost in performance from PCs after they have been wiped and reinstalled. So much crud runs in the background unknown to the layman that some games/sims simply don't have enough RAM to run correctly.

Can you tell us your full system specs please?