PDA

View Full Version : resurrection equivalent for undead

lead341
05-30-2011, 08:04 PM
I am currently playing Mage + Undead Army and I was wondering whether there is a spell like Resurrection that brings back undead permanently. Right now, it appears to me that the Undead are in severe disadvantage compared to living troops, especially due to the possibility to apply the resurrection skill (level 3, Intellect 30 = awesome!) to the living. What would be the alternative?

Vulture
05-30-2011, 09:27 PM
a) it's the only thing that keeps the game halfway "hard" to beat (Undead are immune to mind spells, bone gives them 50% missile protection, poison resistance and they're generally stronger hitters, it's fair game)
b) sacrifice a hypnotized enemy stack or a living of your own (if so you have) in favor of undeads. Same thing.
c) there are several undead mods in the mod section. Some let you just use Ress on undeads or some turn the Necro Call spell into an undead ress spell. Just use the search function.

lead341
05-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Actually, it wouldn´t be so much a problem if the permanent restocking errands wouldn´t be so time consuming. I have the habit to restock my army after each battle (and on hard difficulty you rarely will leave a battle without losses) - so I find myself half of the game time running around just in order to restock the troops. If there were 5 reservation slots this would help too.

Vulture
05-31-2011, 05:13 PM
... (and on hard difficulty you rarely will leave a battle without losses) - so I find myself half of the game time running around just in order to restock the troops....

I don't see that. The game gives you all the spells and Spirits Of Rage abilities you need to not leave a single battle with lost troops. Even on impossible.

Read the forum a bit, especially on loss preservation, or "no losses" in particular. You'll see that you don't have to lose a single troop or restock a single stack if you don't want to. You can get rid of all these problems at once by switching to a no losses playstyle.