PDA

View Full Version : Orc Chieftains - Uber Level 5

grimeleven
05-30-2011, 06:17 AM
Just wanted to share experience with them because it's so much fun destroying whole armies with 1 stack, wow they are powerful when at adrenaline level 3, in my last game i discovered these.

In case it's unknown for some, they get +10 morale for destroying a stack.

I had max crit and buffed them like hell, i watched the enemy splatter on them with their 2 block attacks lol 2x crits of 15k per swing + Avenging angel retaliations another 30k boom LOL, puts other melee units to shame. It can go higher of course with Mark of blood, etc. they beg you to cast target on them :D

Started another game with same setup, here's my army, one word = Godly

Demonologist
Archdemons
Orc Chieftains
Red Dragons
Runemages

That way i got 3 uber tanks that can handle anything from melee to fire damage. I rotlfstomped everything in my last game on impossible. Now replaying with adventure mod :cool:

joasoz
07-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks for your post. Cool to see that I am not the only one still playing this gem of a game (I am now playing Crossworlds as a Warrior on Impossible - no kiting and no reload)

I love the runemages introduced in Crossworlds. I will try the Orc Chieftans and see how they work for me.

1darklord
07-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Hmm I gave them a little try but mine got killed of quite easily, my ogres on the other hand were awesome, draining AP away from enemy troops then smashing enemies into the air! :-D

Of course I then got most everything killed fighter Scrounger... Ah well I then wandered off and bought a demon army! It's really good fun going out and trying new troops. :)

Daniel.

Shadowcran
01-04-2015, 06:25 PM
I tend to like my main tanks to be "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" types. These are the Knights, whether black, regular or Paladin.

In all previous versions of King's Bounty or HOMM: Quest for the Bone Dragon Staff, the Regular 'Knights" have never been useful. But here in Armored Princess, I'm finding them awesome when paired with Paladins using Second Wind on them and Teleport putting them straight into the front line. Throw a defensive spell or Magic Shield on them and even against stacks termed lethal, they lose 3 units at most, easily recovered by the accompanying paladins before battle's end. Also, they're the best dragon slayers in the game.

The black knights I use only with Demonologists in the army. They can be resurrected this way. Again, like the other knights, they get harder to kill the more they're hit. Same with Paladins.

I haven't tried the Troll yet, but I was disappointed with how the Ogres performed.