PDA

View Full Version : Ati blue lines issue

TonyD
05-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Hi all

I have reported the ‘blue lines’ issue at AMD’s tech support site, and have had a couple of responses. Although I was very specific about the error, and provided a link to this forum, the latest response has me wondering whether they even read my e-mail. To quote; “I have browsed the UBI forums and have not found any threads that might suggest that this is a wide spread driver development problem.”

There followed a lot of advice on how to correctly install drivers and various trouble-shooting methods, all of which were not relevant to the issue at hand. This left me wondering whether any other Cayman users had reported this issue, as it appears that they are totally unaware of the problem. There is little chance of getting a driver fix if this is the case.

I have again responded with a link to this site, specifically a search result listing posts where the issue has been mentioned, so hopefully this will result in a more relevant response. It would also help if more users reported the problem at http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/ which may result in someone there actually taking note of it.

Ze-Jamz
05-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Good job mate

TonyD
05-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Quick update; I have heard back from AMD tech support again, but unfortunately the chap couldn’t access the search results page link I sent him for reference. I have responded with links to 6 different posts that have screen shots to illustrate the problem, so hopefully this will bear some fruit. It is also somewhat disconcerting that 1C have apparently had no contact with them ahead of the US release to try to resolve this issue, but perhaps this is just an incorrect assumption on my part.

Ze-Jamz
05-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Good work mate, we may be getting somewhere then

Qpassa
05-30-2011, 09:16 PM
They have replied me:
Dear Customer,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[XXXXXXX]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for contacting AMD Customer Care.

I understand that some blue stripes appear when you play a record of Cliffs of Dover. This problem will occur if the drivers for your add-on video card is corrupted, wrong drivers were installed, or the drivers itself are not installed properly. To resolve this problem, I attached a link below instructions on how to remove and install the drivers for your reference and the driver download page for your convenience.

Driver installation instruction:

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GraphicsDriverInstallationInstructionforMicrosoftW indows7.aspx

Driver download:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

In order to update this service request

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

RE77ACTION
05-30-2011, 09:37 PM
They have replied me:

Aaarrghhh :evil: ...This has nothing to do with corrupt or incorrect drivers! As far as I know, this problem occurs with every ATI 69xx card!!!

These kind of responses are so typical for companies that don't care about customers and think they are stupid. Luckily not all companies act this way. But if this is ATI's way of 'service', then next time I'm a Nvidia buyer.

Ze-Jamz
05-30-2011, 09:42 PM
Aaarrghhh :evil: ...This has nothing to do with corrupt or incorrect drivers! As far as I know, this problem occurs with every ATI 69xx card!!!

These kind of responses are so typical for companies that don't care about customers and think they are stupid. Luckily not all companies act this way. But if this is ATI's way of 'service', then next time I'm a Nvidia buyer.

LOL..

i just done that procedure just to see if it works..guess what

It doesnt!

One thing though...i tried Free flight/Cross country/London map and had no blue stripes..as soon as i went onto MP i had the stripes

Tiger27
05-31-2011, 03:00 AM
Quick update; I have heard back from AMD tech support again, but unfortunately the chap couldn’t access the search results page link I sent him for reference. I have responded with links to 6 different posts that have screen shots to illustrate the problem, so hopefully this will bear some fruit. It is also somewhat disconcerting that 1C have apparently had no contact with them ahead of the US release to try to resolve this issue, but perhaps this is just an incorrect assumption on my part.

Luthier did mention that they had contacted both Nvidia and AMD about various things but had no response from AMD, I havent ever owned an ATI card but it's not the first time in different game forums that I have seen issues reported regarding poor driver support, I was about too purchase a 6950 2gb but went with a GTX560ti 1280mb as I was concerned with the problems many are having with the 69xx cards I havent owned one though so reall can't comment.

I guess to AMD the amount of posts on 1c forums is insignificant, if this was the other COD there would already be driver updates addressing the issues.

Good luck with it, other than the blue lines your PC should handle COD very well.

l3uLLDoZeR
05-31-2011, 03:12 AM
This is the kind of nonsense that drives me crazy. I have this problem and would love to have it fixed...stop telling us how to install drivers and do something ya lazy bums!

CBA_Bludawg
05-31-2011, 04:23 AM
i dont think its the drivers, i think its something in the game code. my son uses crossfire 6870 and i use 5870 and both of us use the same driver install and i have no blue lines when im in game, he doesnt play COD to test his. just a fyi

Bobb4
05-31-2011, 09:51 AM
I have also logged a support issue with AMD. The more they are flooded with complaints the more likely they are to fix it.

RE77ACTION
05-31-2011, 11:25 AM
i dont think its the drivers, i think its something in the game code. my son uses crossfire 6870 and i use 5870 and both of us use the same driver install and i have no blue lines when im in game, he doesnt play COD to test his. just a fyi

It's probably driver related because the blue lines only exist on ATI 69xx cards which you don't have!

Bobb4
06-03-2011, 03:29 PM
ATI rep rushes to the rescue...

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200417227]} has been reviewed and updated.
Based on the information you have provided, I understand you are getting display corruption when playing IL2 Cliffs of Dover a flight simulation games with RADEON HD 6000 series.
Make sure there is an adequate power supply.
Install the latest motherboard BIOS and motherboard CHIPSET drivers are installed. These are available from the system or motherboard manufacturer’s website.
Please ensure that any (updates/patches/fixes) for the games/applications/operating system have been installed. The (updates/patches/fixes) can be found at the developer’s website. Many times the developer will list the available drivers/updates/patches.
Disable all background programs and services that are not necessary to run Windows.
Please download and install the latest drivers for your video card from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx and then clean install the drivers. For clean install instructions, please visit http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-20870HowtoInstallYourATIProduct.aspx
If unable to successfully uninstall the ATI Catalyst software using the uninstall feature provided with the software, the following third party utilities may help:
1. DriverCleaner Pro v1.5 (freeware) for 32bit operating systems and
2. DriverSweeper (freeware) for 64bit operating systems no longer supported by 3dguru lolNote! The third party utilities are provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed any AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue

If computer is overclocked try reducing the speed back to the computers default settings to ensure that the overclocked settings are not causing the issue.

Check the system memory (RAM) for errors. Bad memory can cause an assortment of different issues on your computer. If new memory has been recently added, then temporarily remove it to make sure it is not the cause of the issue. This link from Microsoft provides steps on how to test memory modules.
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Check the in-game settings:
Most games have settings that allow control of the resolution and level of detail that is displayed, as well as the quality of the audio. Check the information that came with the game to find out how to use those settings to optimize the game for your computer's hardware.

Empty the Windows temporary folder, follow these steps:
• Click Start, click Run, type %temp% in the Open box, and then click OK.
• On the Edit menu, click Select All.
• On the File menu, click Delete.
• Click Yes when prompted with a message: “Are you sure you want to send these items to the Recycle Bin?”
Restart the computer by using a clean boot procedure:
Note: temporary loss of some services functionality will be experienced when the following steps are applied. Restoring the settings restores the functionality, but may result in the return of the original error message or behavior.
• Click Start, and then click Run.
• Type “Msconfig” (without Quotes)
• Click OK On the General tab.
• Click Selective Startup.
• Under Startup tab, click to clear "Load Startup Items"
• On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
• Click OK, and then click Restart. Test the computer
Disable a file or service using the System Configuration Utility
• Type “Msconfig” (without Quotes), Click OK.
• Click Selective Startup and clear the Load System Services check box.
• Click OK.
• Restart the computer, and see if the problem persists.
If the issue persists, then provide us with the following reports so that we can determine the cause of the issue.
1. Dxdiag report.
Run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool
Click Start, select Run.
In the Run dialog box, type: dxdiag
Click on “Save All Information..” tab
save the Dxdiag file with your ticket number.
2. Belarc advisor system report.
Please download and run the Belarc advisor system report also
http://www.belarc.com/Programs/advisor.exe
Once the application gives you a report;
go to the top right corner, click on file,
click on save as
change the save as type to: web page, HTML Only (*.htm, *.html)
- change the file name to your name and ticket number.
In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
This email is a direct result of your contact with AMD Global Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.
The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

So basically after explaining at length that is was a HD6XXX series card issue only the buggers only suggestion was to reinstall the drivers lol
Makes a grown man want to cry :rolleyes:

Doc_uk
06-03-2011, 09:20 PM

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200417227]} has been reviewed and updated.
Based on the information you have provided, I understand you are getting display corruption when playing IL2 Cliffs of Dover a flight simulation games with RADEON HD 6000 series.
Install the latest motherboard BIOS and motherboard CHIPSET drivers are installed. These are available from the system or motherboard manufacturer’s website.
Please ensure that any (updates/patches/fixes) for the games/applications/operating system have been installed. The (updates/patches/fixes) can be found at the developer’s website. Many times the developer will list the available drivers/updates/patches.
Disable all background programs and services that are not necessary to run Windows.
Please download and install the latest drivers for your video card from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx and then clean install the drivers. For clean install instructions, please visit http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-20870HowtoInstallYourATIProduct.aspx
If unable to successfully uninstall the ATI Catalyst software using the uninstall feature provided with the software, the following third party utilities may help:
2. DriverSweeper (freeware) for 64bit operating systems no longer supported by 3dguru lolNote! The third party utilities are provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed any AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue

If computer is overclocked try reducing the speed back to the computers default settings to ensure that the overclocked settings are not causing the issue.

Check the system memory (RAM) for errors. Bad memory can cause an assortment of different issues on your computer. If new memory has been recently added, then temporarily remove it to make sure it is not the cause of the issue. This link from Microsoft provides steps on how to test memory modules.

Most games have settings that allow control of the resolution and level of detail that is displayed, as well as the quality of the audio. Check the information that came with the game to find out how to use those settings to optimize the game for your computer's hardware.

• Click Yes when prompted with a message: “Are you sure you want to send these items to the Recycle Bin?”
Note: temporary loss of some services functionality will be experienced when the following steps are applied. Restoring the settings restores the functionality, but may result in the return of the original error message or behavior.
• On the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
• Click OK.
If the issue persists, then provide us with the following reports so that we can determine the cause of the issue.
1. Dxdiag report.
Click Start, select Run.
click on save as
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care

So basically after explaining at length that is was a HD6XXX series card issue only the buggers only suggestion was to reinstall the drivers lol
Makes a grown man want to cry :rolleyes: jesus christ what a load of rubbish
Luckerly it might be fixed in next patch
Next patch info
Finally fixed the landscape stripes bug, etc. :)

RE77ACTION
06-03-2011, 10:43 PM

• Click OK.
1. Dxdiag report.
Click Start, select Run.
click on save as
Best regards,
AMD Global Customer Care

Makes a grown man want to cry :rolleyes:

Just really sad... My English language skills fall short to describe what I think about the ATI support department, and maybe that's a good thing... :-x

TonyD
06-04-2011, 03:44 PM
This is exactly the response that I got the first time - obviously a type of 'form letter' :( When I wrote back I provided a more specific description with links to five or six posts here that included screen shots of the issue. I haven't heard back again, perhaps they are feverishly working on resolving it? :hopes:

Bobb4
06-04-2011, 10:00 PM
This is exactly the response that I got the first time - obviously a type of 'form letter' :( When I wrote back I provided a more specific description with links to five or six posts here that included screen shots of the issue. I haven't heard back again, perhaps they are feverishly working on resolving it? :hopes:

I gave them full details even identified the problem as 6xxx card specific and included screenshots.
I doubt they need any more information, I just think they have no solution.
Won't make the mistake of buying AMD again. There is a reason their card are cheaper than nvidia cards... :rolleyes:

Voidhunger
06-05-2011, 04:39 PM
I gave them full details even identified the problem as 6xxx card specific and included screenshots.
I doubt they need any more information, I just think they have no solution.
Won't make the mistake of buying AMD again. There is a reason their card are cheaper than nvidia cards... :rolleyes:

Cheaper? It depends where you live.

If I wanted to buy a new card now I would buy 6970 again.

TonyD
06-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Latest update I have received from AMD, after a prompt as they had been very quiet:

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[**********]} has been reviewed and updated.
This ticket was sent in for testing and our lab results have indicated that we were not able to reproduce the problem.
This may suggest that trouble shooting using some type of process of elimination is needed to correct the problem.
Since we were not able to reproduce the issue, you may want to verify with the developer if they had similar results or not.
We have noticed 2 patch updates, and suggest if you have not tried to install them to do so.

Not wanted I wanted to hear, to be honest. And surprising, too. Are there any HD6950 or HD6970 users who don’t experience this problem?

gblair found that he could fix the problem by editing the config file to use DirectX 10.1 instead of 10.0 – when I tried this the frame rate decreased to less than half of what it was, and resulted in some other graphic glitches. Have any others tried this with more success?

I would appreciate any relevant input before I get back to AMD.

l3uLLDoZeR
06-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Latest update I have received from AMD, after a prompt as they had been very quiet:

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[**********]} has been reviewed and updated.
This ticket was sent in for testing and our lab results have indicated that we were not able to reproduce the problem.
This may suggest that trouble shooting using some type of process of elimination is needed to correct the problem.
Since we were not able to reproduce the issue, you may want to verify with the developer if they had similar results or not.
We have noticed 2 patch updates, and suggest if you have not tried to install them to do so.

Not wanted I wanted to hear, to be honest. And surprising, too. Are there any HD6950 or HD6970 users who don’t experience this problem?

I'm really hating you AMD...stop acting like were all dumb idiots that can't install a patch!
I'm pretty sure almost everyone has the lines..but I have seen a few people say in threads with 69xx cards they don't have them.

It makes no sense that old tech would work fine..while the new cards get the shaft. Oh wait..that's why we don't even have directx11.

fiendlittlewing
06-12-2011, 01:16 PM
I have just upgraded to a HD6970 card and get the three lines. (I expected to get the lines, just as I expect it to be fixed)

I emailed tech support to add my voice to the growing din.

Bobb4
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
11.6 drivers have not fixed the issue

RE77ACTION
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
By the time that the triple blue line issue with ATI 69xx cards is fixed, my video card is written off :evil:. I don't know if 1C can help it that the problem exist because the problem is related to a specific video card design. But at least I hope that 1C will put some pressure on ATI to fix this problem in their new driver release.

Flanker35M
06-22-2011, 01:41 PM
S!

AMD will not do a squat and direct resources on IL-2:CoD before the devs have fixed the issues with their graphics engine. No use to waste man hours on a game that can change in next patch and render current driver/cap version useless. Same might apply to nVidia and SLI, they just need to see the code being finished enough to do anything. And for both brands IL-2 is a small market compared to shooters etc. Sad but true.

ICDP
06-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I think you have hit the nail on the head Flanker35M, right now Cliffs of Dover is being worked on constantly by the devs. The lines along the coasts are still there for me, a very large rectangle of sea has been added into the France portion of the map and I still get nice purple textureless squares in the odd location. On top of this the FSAA doesn't work as advertised and Vsync causes serious anomalies on my system.

All of this adds up to Work in Progress, I hope the devs will fix these issues and that AMD and Nvidia get some good SLI profiles. Right now I am getting only 30-40% scaling on two on two HD6970s, that is way below the 70-90% most games get.

RE77ACTION
06-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Right now I am getting only 30-40% scaling on two on two HD6970s, that is way below the 70-90% most games get.

That is because your CPU is now the bottleneck and can't deliver enough data to you GPU's to render. I've done some testing on this and know what I'm talking about (more or less). Although the game supports multi core CPU's and should perform best on CPU's with 4 cores or more, it still heavily depends on core 1 by default. If you have the headroom to increase your CPU speed, you will see better GPU utilization.

On the issue of the three blue lines with ATI 69xx cards I do not entirely agree. I know the sim is still work in progress and far from finished. But ATI/AMD must also see that their 69xx reference design (or its drivers) do not perform consistently with their other card designs. This on its own should be enough reason to take some action.

TheEditor
06-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Its not just the 6xxx series cards with the blue line problem. I have 2 5770's and i see the same blue lines near the coast. Also installed 11.6 driver and made things worst. It stutters like former pres. Bush talking about OBGYN's.

Das Attorney
06-23-2011, 07:46 PM
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/Das_Attorney/Launcher2011-06-2120-10-23-45.jpg

New beta
ATI 5870
11.6 drivers
i7 920 @3.8Ghz
6Gb RAM
650W PSU
EX58-UD5

ICDP
06-23-2011, 08:04 PM
That is because your CPU is now the bottleneck and can't deliver enough data to you GPU's to render. I've done some testing on this and know what I'm talking about (more or less). Although the game supports multi core CPU's and should perform best on CPU's with 4 cores or more, it still heavily depends on core 1 by default. If you have the headroom to increase your CPU speed, you will see better GPU utilization.

My current system specs

i7 2600K running at 4.7 HGz
2x HD6970 in Crossfire (AMD 11.6)
16GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM
Asus P8 Z68-V Pro Motherboard
Asus Xonar DX Soundcard
OCZ 60GB SSD (OS)
120GB Samsung SSD (Games)
Corsair HX 750W ATX Modular PSU
Windows 7 64 Pro

I upgraded from an i7 920 Clocked at 3.8GHz with 12GB DDR3 1600 RAM. The difference in FPS with Cliffs of Dover (in contrast to most of my other games) compared to my new system above was totally non-existant. Neither of these two systems were remotely being bottlenecked by the CPU.

On the issue of the three blue lines with ATI 69xx cards I do not entirely agree. I know the sim is still work in progress and far from finished. But ATI/AMD must also see that their 69xx reference design (or its drivers) do not perform consistently with their other card designs. This on its own should be enough reason to take some action.

Or the devs don't have access to an AMD 69XX series GPU! I read here somewhere on this forum that the developers have to get all of their hardware supplied by 1C and as of yet they don't have an AMD 69XX series GPU to test the game on. Yes this migh be a rumour but it is very plausible. I would like to see the blue line issue fixed but despite the fact that only AMD 69XX series GPUs are effected I don't think it's a driver issue. Sorry to say this but there are far to many graphical anomolies in CoD for BOTH card types. Even the blue stripes on the coastlines were meant to be fixed by the devs and they are still there. Should we call AMD and Nvidia and tell them to fix it or else? Sorry but all the clues point to a graphic engine issue rather than driver issue.

RE77ACTION
06-23-2011, 08:32 PM
I am running the following system

i7 2600K running at 4.7 HGz
2x HD6970 in Crossfire (AMD 11.6)
16GB DDR3 1866MHz RAM
Asus P8 Z68-V Pro Motherboard
Asus Xonar DX Soundcard
OCZ 60GB SSD (OS)
120GB Samsung SSD (Games)
Corsair HX 750W ATX Modular PSU
Windows 7 64 Pro

I upgraded from a i7 920 Clocked at 3.8GHz with 12GB DDR3 1600 RAM. The difference in FPS with Cliffs of Dover (and most of my other games) compared to my new system above was totally non-existant. Neither of these two systems were remotely being bottlenecked by the CPU.

If it didn't make a difference in GPU utilization, then the bottleneck lies somewhere else. I then would opt for the PCIE bridge or it's still a problem with the support of crossfire itself (which wouldn't be that strange).

I've also upgraded from a AMD Atlon II X4 640 @ 3,4 processor. With my old processor I had on average a GPU utilization of about 50% with peaks just above 70%. With my new CPU I finally reached peaks of 100% GPU utilization and had a FPS improvement of about 30%. And even now I can get better average utilization by overclocking some more, but then I will have cooling problems with my current CPU fan.

I also had a performance increase by overclocking the PCIE bridge with only one 6970. Two of those cards would in theory require double the amount of bandwidth. But I should warn you about the risks of over clocking your PCIE bridge because it can bring great risk (especially data corruption on your hard drive(s)!!!).

RE77ACTION
06-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Or the devs don't have access to an AMD 69XX series GPU! I read here somewhere on this forum that the developers have to get all of their hardware supplied by 1C and as of yet they don't have an AMD 69XX series GPU to test the game on. Yes this migh be a rumour but it is very plausible. I would like to see the blue line issue fixed but despite the fact that only AMD 69XX series GPUs are effected I don't think it's a driver issue. Sorry to say this but there are far to many graphical anomolies in CoD for BOTH card types. Even the blue stripes on the coastlines were meant to be fixed by the devs and they are still there. Should we call AMD and Nvidia and tell them to fix it or else? Sorry but all the clues point to a graphic engine issue rather than driver issue.

It shouldn't be a problem for the devs when they haven't access to a 69xx card. A game is programmed for a system, not for a specific card. A video card is nothing more than a calculation device and often a D/A converter and/or matrix. For every DX11 card the same input in should be the same output out. And because there is a difference in output between 68xx en 69xx cards while the input is the same, it means work for ATI/AMD. The program that displays the difference in output shouldn't matter because it's just the deliverer of a message. At least that's at least my opinion.

ICDP
06-23-2011, 09:07 PM
It will be a combination of more optimisation from the devs and the need for a unique CAP profile from AMD. Unfortunatley with the devs still optimising and fixing graphical problems any CAP profiles released now would be rendered almost worthless in the future.

TonyD
06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
... And because there is a difference in output between 68xx en 69xx cards while the input is the same, it means work for ATI/AMD. ...

I tend to agree – the Cayman GPU is the only one with the new VLIW4 architecture, and the only one that has the problem. This makes it AMD’s problem, rather than 1C’s – they should at least ensure that the new ones work as well as all of their other GPU’s. I haven’t heard back from them in a while, but have sent a reminder so will hopefully hear something soon

ICDP
06-24-2011, 01:13 PM
I tend to agree – the Cayman GPU is the only one with the new VLIW4 architecture, and the only one that has the problem. This makes it AMD’s problem, rather than 1C’s – they should at least ensure that the new ones work as well as all of their other GPU’s. I haven’t heard back from them in a while, but have sent a reminder so will hopefully hear something soon

If Maddox Games didn't program or test on new architecture would that be AMDs fault? The fact that the 69XX cards were available since December for purchase and Maddox Games decided not to bother is again not AMDs problem. Yes AMD have a responsibility to ensure their stuff works as advertised but not for pre beta software. Like it or not CoD is not optimised or close to finished and that is purely the devs fault, not AMDs or Nvidias. Or maybe we should bombard Nividia and AMD with requests to fix the lack of FSAA, purple land tiles, lines on the coasts and flickering trees and building shadows in CoD. Taken as a whole the number of issues that CoD has points to the fact that the graphics engine (and indeed the entire game) is still a WiP.

I have logged two support tickets with AMD for this issue but deep down I know CoD is the most likely culprit. This all reminds me of the fact that when the new Nvidia 8800GTX series GPUs were released, FSX did not show self shadows on the aircraft. Myself and a whole bunch of others bombarded Nvidia forums and support with requests to fix the problem. Every single one of those requests were ignored. Eventually FSX SP1 was released and the issue was fixed by the developers. The moral, sometimes we are barking up the wrong tree :)

Here is a link to just one of those forum threads, I made a few posts in anger over that issue! Sorry for going slighty OT on this.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=22798

TonyD
06-24-2011, 04:53 PM
... Sorry for going slighty OT on this.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=22798

No,that's completely on topic. I have again requested a response from AMD as I would like them to confirm that it's not driver-related (if they will). From what you have said, it seems unlikely. If we know that it's a fault in the game we can possibly nag luthier for a fix, or fiddle with settings ourselves.

It just worries me that the only GPU that seems to be affected is the Cayman, which has a different basic shader architecture to all other current Ati chips. It may be that the way the game has been written doesn't agree with this, and unless AMD can provide a driver 'fix', we'll have to live with it permanently :(

Doc_uk
06-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Whats really annoying about the blue lines, is that it wouldnt take luthier 2 minutes to post on here and tell us wether it is game related or not
At least that way we would no?
I said it befor and il say it again
Ati user are getting shafted, with this game:rolleyes:

ICDP
06-24-2011, 05:17 PM
No,that's completely on topic. I have again requested a response from AMD as I would like them to confirm that it's not driver-related (if they will). From what you have said, it seems unlikely. If we know that it's a fault in the game we can possibly nag luthier for a fix, or fiddle with settings ourselves.

It just worries me that the only GPU that seems to be affected is the Cayman, which has a different basic shader architecture to all other current Ati chips. It may be that the way the game has been written doesn't agree with this, and unless AMD can provide a driver 'fix', we'll have to live with it permanently :(

I think we need to keep asking both the devs and AMD for a fix to this issue, eventually I would hope one of them would listen. Unfortunately my experience is that neither AMD or Nvidia listen to niche gamers playing niche games, especially when those niche games are in a beta state.

It irks me really bad to see that utter crap games like Lost Planet 2 get many CAP/SLI profiles or even dedicated driver sets to increase their performance. They even get special attention months after release while sims get ignored completely. LoL for example the AMD 11.5 CAP 3 profiles include a fix for Garshasp The Monster Slayer. Nope I have never heard of it either.

RE77ACTION
06-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Whats really annoying about the blue lines, is that it wouldnt take luthier 2 minutes to post on here and tell us wether it is game related or not
At least that way we would no?
I said it befor and il say it again
Ati user are getting shafted, with this game:rolleyes:

I agree it would be nice if Luthier would make some comments on this one because for now we can only speculate where to go with this problem.

Novotny
06-24-2011, 06:48 PM
seems fixed

RE77ACTION
06-24-2011, 07:38 PM
seems fixed

YES!!!!! The blue lines are gone since the latest update!!! :grin::grin::grin: Thank you!!! Maybe it would be better PR to make a notice of it in the update readme. This will surely limit the complains of people that the serious problems are not dealt with. I'm happy!!!

TonyD
06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
WOOHOOO!!!:grin:

Rattlehead
06-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I take it you're rather pleased? :)

RE77ACTION
06-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Do you all have a slight performance increase since the blue lines are gone? It's maybe only a few FPS but it feels almost like a new video card? Or is it just the patch itself? I have to test more to be sure, but it feels better and looks MUCH better.

AndyJWest
06-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Yup, the lines seem to be gone.

Ataros
06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Congratulations, guys! Kept fingers crossed for you.

Do 2x 6970 work in crossfire btw now?

Blackrat
06-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Congratulations, guys! Kept fingers crossed for you.

Do 2x 6970 work in crossfire btw now?

They worked for me before in 1920*1080, just not very well in triple screen as I got flashing screen, but not always, couldn't quite pin it down, that is using radeonpro though.

Looking forward to trying the new release to see if its fixed.

Novotny
06-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I didn't join in for the wailing and the gnashing of teeth regarding blue lines - being shy and what-not - so I'm not sure as to how hard I should celebrate now that it's been fixed.

How about a 'yay, it's not like I thought they wouldn't fix it'?

Maybe it's more exciting to be constantly going 'THIS IS XXXX! THE GAME IS XXXX EVERYTHING IS XXXX' for ages, and then 'THIS IS GREAT! IT NOW WORKS EXCEPT I FORGOT ALL THIS (link to rest of forum)'.

Bah. I'd left this forum prior to release on account of all the dicks. Hello everyone!

SFF_Karhu
06-25-2011, 11:54 PM
Hi.

Blue lines are gone, but I got the sound bug after the latest patch. It´s much worse problem than the blue line issue when you experience that. And furthermore on mp server after the sound bug I got black screen also, very annoying!

TheEditor
06-26-2011, 04:54 AM
Game is much smoother for me with new patch. Does everyone see yellow docks in islands of doom MP map? I see them in the bay between the two red bases. Then they disappear.

It was funny how nobody cared that my 5xxx series cards had the blue lines. I've only said it multiple times on different threads here. I've not seen the lines in the new patch yet.

Phazon
06-26-2011, 06:09 AM
It was funny how nobody cared that my 5xxx series cards had the blue lines. I've only said it multiple times on different threads here. I've not seen the lines in the new patch yet.

Indeed. Also I'm sure the people who kept beating the drum about it being a driver issue with ATI and not the game itself are probably feeling a little sheepish right now. ;)

Flanker35M
06-26-2011, 10:04 AM
S!

The blue lines are gone with the latest patch and sure made the game look better. But I had better performance earlier than now..and I am using lower resolution! Sure the track Spit vs Bf110 runs at a steady 60fps with VSync on but Black Death has an average around 30fps?! All this on a completely fresh install of the game on a fresh installation of Windows as well.

Not dissatisfied with the patches nor disrespecting Luthier's work, but how come many of these bugs were not found during the 6 year development? Now there has been a frantic update-o-rama on things that should been there from the start. Sounds pretty strange that how can a fundamental thing like GUI be in a such mess or sounds that make a large part of the game work erratically and are straight from original IL-2?

Anyways, the patch fixed some issues, but still a lot to do before the game is more than a tech demo or a beta. Multiplayer with the endless furballs of death is not all MP should be, offliners have nothing now before the mission makers get in full swing with their work. We have an empty shell with nice coating...But hopefully one day a full fledged sim with sequels like Mediterranean theatre etc :)