PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Spin Recovery

icetbag
05-28-2011, 01:39 AM
I seem to be having difficulty recovering the Hurricane from a stall induced spin on realistic MP servers, not sure if Im doing it wrong, or doing it right but too retarded to pull it off. :(

If your in a nose down spin should you push the stick forward and turn into the spin whilst applying opposite rudder until the plane stops spinning and gains speed before pulling out of the dive?

If the plane is in an flat spin and the nose is oscillating up and down, should you (with good timing) push the stick down as the node moves down and pull the stick up as the node moves up...upto the point where you have positioned the plane into a nose dive and turn into the spin and apply opposite rudder?

If those methods are right, then I still cant pull them off.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers ;)

IvanK
05-28-2011, 02:07 AM
1.Centralise controls (Rudder, Elevator and Aileron), Throttle IDLE
2. ID direction of the Spin
3. Smoothly apply FULL OPPOSITE Rudder
4. Stick progressively forward until the Spin Stops.
5. When the Spin stops Centralise controls.
6. Recover

Works every time.

icetbag
05-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Cheers Ivan,

I'll try that next time I have the misfortune to enter a spin, I wasnt managing the throttle.

Troll2k
05-28-2011, 06:20 AM
Besides cutting the throttle I throw out the boat anchor.I put the flaps down and also put the landing gear down.Trying to slow the plane down as fast as possible.All the time keeping the nose down and full opposite rudder.

meplay
05-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah i do the flaps thing, but ive noticed its a little harder to get out of a spin in cod than in 1946....well at lower alts :P

icetbag
05-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Will keep the flaps trick in mind, I've got 1946 also and have no trouble recovering spins in that, just seem to struggle with CloD.

LoBiSoMeM
05-28-2011, 11:24 PM
Yeah i do the flaps thing, but ive noticed its a little harder to get out of a spin in cod than in 1946....well at lower alts :P

Thanks God for that!

sigintwarrior
06-17-2011, 02:19 PM
I cheat and hit the autopilot button.... :grin:

skouras
06-17-2011, 03:00 PM
keep in mind that back in 40s it was not recommended to stall the aircraft
cause if fall in a spin situation it is hard to recover:!:
this info i read about it was for Hurricanes and Spitfires as well