PDA

View Full Version : SpitII's please...

Ze-Jamz
05-27-2011, 11:25 PM
DoNT JUST VISIT AND LEAVE...VOTE and help the community out 50 views and 5 votes is shocking! hence the 'not bothered' option

Hosts can you add the SpitII to the planeset please...

Bearing in mind people we don't know how long it will be untill FM's are even started on let alone fixed..

The Spit1/1a is embarrassing..its an underpowered 1st and 4th gear lawnmower...we have the SpitII so we can use it..so anyone can use it, are we not using it because its the only AC close to RL performance...and we leave it out?

I Doubt very much the % in lack of performance that the Spit 1 & 1a lack is the same % the 109 lacks in performance...it really is unbelievably crap..for those that dont think so are the ones flying around in circles on the dek..

apart from the PP issue the 109 is a very capable AC in game as it is..the Spit that for some reason every server is having available is not, not even close to the 109 in performance..takes me over 30 secs to outrun a Skuka ffs

Tilt the nose up and it wants to fall out the sky unless youve made yourself fast by diving first and losing any ALt your trying to gain anyway...that is topped off with you stalling the prop chugging out loads of black smoke because your trying to keep it in its top gear on its very rubbish Lb's of boost

We dont know how long the devs are going to adjust the FMs so can we please use the planesets we have, im having to fly a 109 or a hurri rotol just so ive got some decent close to RL>game performance..

its not like we have a thousand players online..So add it please, if people dont like it they will go else where..

simples

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Poll Added

MadTommy
05-28-2011, 09:02 AM
The Tactics & Teamwork server is running a mission on the full map with all flyable planes. Check it out.

ZaltysZ
05-28-2011, 09:36 AM
PP doesn't change instantly. you can have your 2nd, 3rd gear by constantly switching PP from coarse to fine and vice versa. It is very uncomfortable thing (slow-mo PP change on BF isn't too), but it works, especially if you want to catch something or extend away.

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 09:54 AM
PP doesn't change instantly. you can have your 2nd, 3rd gear by constantly switching PP from coarse to fine and vice versa. It is very uncomfortable thing (slow-mo PP change on BF isn't too), but it works, especially if you want to catch something or extend away.

Mate I think most people can work that out for themselves but that's just the PP issue..doesn't change alot...

Keep this poll on track please everyone and let's not turn it into a 'yea but' thread

Not that this post is I'm just saying :)

Redroach
05-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm afraid that someone, after sloppy 'testing', came to the conclusion that the spit IIa is 'too good' (the same issue as the spits I/Ia being 'too weak'...)
So I think the hysteria needs to settle down a little and people need to start thinking for themselves... no, not only server hosts :)

There ARE some issues, no doubt, such as the spit I boost not working, but I can't see anything major between the three spits and the BF 109s - apart from historical differences, of course.

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm afraid that someone, after sloppy 'testing', came to the conclusion that the spit IIa is 'too good' (the same issue as the spits I/Ia being 'too weak'...)
So I think the hysteria needs to settle down a little and people need to start thinking for themselves... no, not only server hosts :)

There ARE some issues, no doubt, such as the spit I boost not working, but I can't see anything major between the three spits and the BF 109s - apart from historical differences, of course.

Make sure you vote then dude :)

Redroach
05-28-2011, 01:00 PM
I did... pro- Spit II all the way :D

Qpassa
05-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Should be E-4 too! Oh wait

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 01:38 PM
Should be E-4 too! Oh wait

Please....not here, whats weve got is what weve got

All im asking is that were able to use it...seems like a bloody conspiracy to keep the SpitII of servers because of it being 'Uber' yet those same people are the ones flying around in a 109 that to what the reds have now is 'Uber' as they say..

Fly smarter then..the way i see it i see the same players here flying as i did in Il2..its laways been the same, if your a 109 pilot you fly for the most part a complete different game to the Spits etc cuz your in a rocket and you use those strengths..i see great pilots here in the 109 being sloppy cuz they can as they what the Spits1a's performance is like...they just need to do what they do and do it as they normally would..

I have seen plenty of 109 hanging spitII's out to dry because of the way you can hang it on its tail, that aircraft is excellent for that, you can let go of the controls and the dam thing will even right itself for you..

The 109 and the SpitII is the matchup be sure OR the correct 1a's performance which we DONT know how long that FM correction will take..

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 02:44 PM
If you run your own server, you can add whichever planes are available in game. Questioning other people's server setups is a bit rude.

Erm...I think it more to the point that the hosts bow down to rubbish that is posted here.....

actually its a bit like your post.......completely and utterly the wrong end of the stick my friend, let me guess? a 109 pilot?

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Again for the Trolls...

Please this is a thread i started to try and get an opinion on a question/ request i have...DO NOT come in here with no input to the vote and type a load of shyte...it is completely useless to this thread...this thread is a vote not another slag fest where i have to answer crap like that above from cheesedik..

Start my own server?....very constructive mate, why didnt i think of that

Sauf
05-28-2011, 03:13 PM
...seems like a bloody conspiracy to keep the SpitII of servers because of it being 'Uber' yet those same people are the ones flying around in a 109..

Well Syndicate is a RAF squadron in COD so I dont think that argument has much merit, just my 2 cents.

S`

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Well Syndicate is a RAF squadron in COD so I dont think that argument has much merit, just my 2 cents.

S`

Yea Granted mate.. conspiracy not being the best way of explaining my point :)

You know what im getting at that though...few people moan and post one of many documents and the whole Community has to bowdown to keep the peace...its the nature of these types of flight sims...it will never change, im just trying to make it more enjoyable for people whatever side you fly on..no one makes you fly a specific AC

raaaid
05-28-2011, 03:47 PM
as i see it if theres spit ii allies have advantge if theres not is the axis who have advanatge

difficult question, i voted for spit 2 in though

but i prefer servers where you can take any plane any side :)

Ze-Jamz
05-28-2011, 03:59 PM
as i see it if theres spit ii allies have advantge if theres not is the axis who have advanatge

difficult question, i voted for spit 2 in though

but i prefer servers where you can take any plane any side :)

For once i can understand you Raaaid :)

And you are right, this isnt just a case of Blue Axis and Red Allied..like you say this if for everyone..

You know its not even that a big a deal...Its juts nice to have the correct performance simulated or as close as....its not the case now, simple as that

Flashman
05-28-2011, 04:38 PM
There is no particular consiracy at Syndicate BTW. Its just that the mission I have created is based upon the earlier part of the Battle. Other folk at Syndicate may make different missions and introduce the Spit II.

The MkII didn't come into service until August 1940 and then only equipped a few squadrons during the 'classic' BoB period.

What we really need is 100 Octane fuel levels of boost (+12) and a proper Rotol propeller Spitfire 1a and Hurricane.

I haven't voted since Im a mission maker over at Syndicate and I am of course not ruling out introducing th SPit II. However at the moment our focus is upon achieving a stable working mission that is playable, doesn't lag too much and that the majority of people can fly on.

One we have the basis for a stable server we will look different scenarios and plane sets.

FlyingShark
05-28-2011, 04:44 PM
I voted yes.

~S~

41Sqn_Stormcrow
05-28-2011, 10:03 PM
... ..i see great pilots here in the 109 being sloppy cuz they can as they what the Spits1a's performance is like...they just need to do what they do and do it as they normally would..

When making the Spit2 available you're phrase should then read:

..i see great pilots here in the Spit2 being sloppy cuz they can as they what the 109's performance is like...they just need to do what they do and do it as they normally would..

The problem, what we currently have is that the Spit 2a is to the 109 what the 109 is to the Spit1a due to porked FM.

Both the 109 and the Spit1s are far too slow they say whereas the Spit 2a has correct speeds.

Also the Spit1a should have constant speed propeller and have 100 octane fuel.

The prop pitch of the 109 should work four times faster.

So whatever way you turn it you'll never get a correct match up.

My feeling is that if the Spit2a is put into missions with the porked FM right now it would make the Spit ruling the skies as it will outrun, outclimb, outdive and outturn everything else. And its guns aren't that bad.

I don't see a solution for this until we get corrected FM.

Ze-Jamz
05-29-2011, 09:34 AM
The vote is saying it all I hope that people add it that's all

Ze-Jamz
05-29-2011, 09:45 AM
The MkII didn't come into service until August 1940 and then only equipped a few squadrons during the 'classic' BoB period.

What we really need is 100 Octane fuel levels of boost (+12) and a proper Rotol propeller Spitfire 1a and Hurricane.

I haven't voted since Im a mission maker over at Syndicate and I am of course not ruling out introducing th SPit II. However at the moment our focus is upon achieving a stable working mission that is playable, doesn't lag too much and that the majority of people can fly on.

One we have the basis for a stable server we will look different scenarios and plane sets.

Hi mate,

Yes I completely agree with what your saying but this isn't about historical correctness its about have as close to RL performance as possible..the 109 isn't that far away bar the PP, the SpitIa is miles away in performance, you've only got to fly both and compare to see the noticeable difference right away..

Yes ok your trying to be accurate with what planesets were available but the FM isn't accurate as your already stated...if and when the Spit and hurris are fixed then remove the spitII.

I'd say the community want the SpitII in place wether 'they' will fly it or not obviously loads of people haven't voted so they are not bothered either way...personally I will still fly both and enjoy both, flying the Spit at the mo is more frustrating than enjoyable

Your server by the way is top notch and after all the decision is yours as to what you add in the missions.

But I think AC match ups in RL performance are more important than historically correct Planests ONLY because of the way this sim is right now with it's errors.

~S~

41Sqn_Stormcrow
05-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I bet as soon as the SYN people would follow the Pro-Spit2-faction there will be a poll asking to remove it as blue side would start to say that the 109 is so much underpowered and it is no fun to fly against Spit2s and therefore .... :grin:

My suggestion: put on a server with your desired planeset. The people will then choose what they want.

My guess would be that the Spit-ppl will go to this server and the 109 ppl will stick to the existing ones ... And there will be PEACE in the skies ... ;)

PS: The 109e3 is far off its nominal performance. It should make about 500 kph sea level (some cite 517) and it only makes 450 ingame. That is definitely not a tiny bit.

Ze-Jamz
05-29-2011, 01:04 PM
PS: The 109e3 is far off its nominal performance. It should make about 500 kph sea level (some cite 517) and it only makes 450 ingame. That is definitely not a tiny bit.

Ok, i didnt think it was by that much

pupo162
05-29-2011, 01:11 PM
spit mkI is cleatly superior to e3 already, performance wise, dispite the fact BOTH pçlanes are undermodelled.

voted for "spit I only" until they fix both the E3, (intruduce CSP /e4), and fix the Spit I

Ze-Jamz
05-29-2011, 01:22 PM
spit mkI is cleatly superior to e3 already, performance wise, dispite the fact BOTH pçlanes are undermodelled.

Im very very confused by that point

pupo162
05-29-2011, 01:46 PM
Im very very confused by that point

guess its due to spelling. sorry about that.

SPit mkI is clearly superior to E3 already, performance wise, dispite the fact both planes are undermoddeled.

Ze-Jamz
05-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Nope still dont get it mate...

Im reading that your stating the in game Spitfire mk1 is clearly superior to the 109?

That is the joke of the day right?

pupo162
05-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Nope still dont get it mate...

Im reading that your stating the in game Spitfire mk1 is clearly superior to the 109?

That is the joke of the day right?

no.

SPI will run away from 109, and will out turn it. Since the 109 cant keep up the pitch due to the bug, it simply cant Aply effectevely Bnz tatics so its doomed. i play both sides equally on MP, and the spitfire surely owns ATM.

all you have to doo is loop around the 109, just like i do in 1946, difference is in 46 a good 109 pilot will drop the loop and hammerhead your face, as it is now the 109 cant pull that out.

So, out of my experience, the spit MkI is very much superior to the 109, adding the MKII would only unbalance things even more.

Anyway, both the E3 and the mkI need some serius remodoling on the FM's.

Ze-Jamz
05-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Ok mate :cool:

most people who have voted dont agree

Thee_oddball
05-29-2011, 03:57 PM
piss on both of those planes:-P Servers should be nothing but G50's vs Hurri's ...problem solved:grin:

S!

yes..i voted

Ze-Jamz
05-29-2011, 04:00 PM
piss on both of those planes:-P Servers should be nothing but G50's vs Hurri's ...problem solved:grin:

S!

yes..i voted

lol..now that would solve the problem yes

Blackdog_kt
05-30-2011, 03:47 AM
When making the Spit2 available you're phrase should then read:

..i see great pilots here in the Spit2 being sloppy cuz they can as they what the 109's performance is like...they just need to do what they do and do it as they normally would..

The problem, what we currently have is that the Spit 2a is to the 109 what the 109 is to the Spit1a due to porked FM.

Both the 109 and the Spit1s are far too slow they say whereas the Spit 2a has correct speeds.

Also the Spit1a should have constant speed propeller and have 100 octane fuel.

The prop pitch of the 109 should work four times faster.

So whatever way you turn it you'll never get a correct match up.

My feeling is that if the Spit2a is put into missions with the porked FM right now it would make the Spit ruling the skies as it will outrun, outclimb, outdive and outturn everything else. And its guns aren't that bad.

I don't see a solution for this until we get corrected FM.

That's pretty much my take on things as well, so i can't vote for any option because none of them is suitable for me.

I'm just practicing offline until we get the corrected FMs and if i decide to go online it will just be for testing purposes and getting used to the new multiplayer features. I don't care much for my kill to death ratio anyway, but as the FMs currently stand any kind of match-up would result in very predictable gameplay and this i do care about because it gets boring.

I don't think this is something that can be solved by a server's mission maker, all we can currently do is imbalance the situation to favor the other team and switch back periodically to keep everyone happy.

Hellbender
05-30-2011, 05:41 PM
After 2 hours of flying on the DM server, I come to the conclusion that the Spit II outflyies and outclimbs the 109 slightly. Also the diving abilites are the same or also slightly better than the one of the 109.

The Spit II is slightly faster, can climb as fast or also (slightly =5%)faster than the 109 and is more agile. At the moment mostly Spit IIs are flying on both sides :grin: . The 109s don´t stand a chance anymore :cool: .

skouras
05-30-2011, 08:41 PM
I PREFER TO FLY THE 109 THAN THE SPIT:grin:

Ze-Jamz
05-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I PREFER TO FLY THE 109 THAN THE SPIT:grin:

The 109 is a more rewarding plane to fly imo.. ive just done a 5.0KD on Repka1 Server and it feels more rewarding than getting 5 kills in a Spit..

That AC is so smooth compared to the Spit, joy to fly

41Sqn_Stormcrow
05-30-2011, 09:45 PM
I must say that I really hope that they will fix the FM in one of the following patches. The issues with the FMs on all aircraft except the Spit2a are now well reported.

I agree that the 109 is a lovely bird but it feels just wrong currently. Particularly because of the significantly !!! porked Proppitch which hampers good flying absolutely and kills the fun this plane could provide. And finally it should be put to its correct speed.

Ze-Jamz
05-30-2011, 09:49 PM
I must say that I really hope that they will fix the FM in one of the following patches. The issues with the FMs on all aircraft except the Spit2a are now well reported.

I agree that the 109 is a lovely bird but it feels just wrong currently. Particularly because of the significantly !!! porked Proppitch which hampers good flying absolutely and kills the fun this plane could provide. And finally it should be put to its correct speed.

Maybe its just me but i dont find the PP that big an issue apart from obviously the take off, damm annoying that is but flying around i dont have a problem with it...but i do understand its porked and must confess i liked the way it was before in the fact it was quicker to adjust prop