PDA

View Full Version : Repka server fail authentication MSG

Ze-Jamz
05-26-2011, 07:13 PM
As the title says really..

Done its usual thing of booting most people off (steam?) then when i resstarted game and tried to rejoin i get that Server Failed Authentication Msg

Ataros
05-26-2011, 07:17 PM
This happens when server thinks you are still flying on it and you can see yourself in players list from the game lobby. Just try reconnecting 5-6 times and you will be in.

Happens in some other games as well.

Ze-Jamz
05-26-2011, 07:44 PM
This happens when server thinks you are still flying on it and you can see yourself in players list from the game lobby. Just try reconnecting 5-6 times and you will be in.

Happens in some other games as well.

Ok thanks..

I was playing in your other server with the Islands...

Pitty 'REDBARON' is a vulching faggot and messed it up for alot of people..

Unblievable how some turds like that think its fun to strafe planes when taxing or just lifting on a small map where numbers are low as it is

shame really

Ze-Jamz
05-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Still cant join..same msg

tried restarting,rebooting..nothing

Redroach
05-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Pitty 'REDBARON' is a vulching faggot and messed it up for alot of people..

Unblievable how some turds like that think its fun to strafe planes when taxing or just lifting on a small map where numbers are low as it is

shame really

Organize yourselves and let him eat dirt, repeatedly. He can't get everyone on the ground. Use the chat/vent/ingame-radio (as soon as it works :D ) and so on...
I've not been that much into multiplayer yet, but I never understood why almost no server can cope with 'vulching' - or 'strafing ground targets', as it would be called IRL - by ingame-means. After all, no one dared to 'ban' those P-47s in france/germany in late 1944 either, did they? :)
(Or set up some nice flak alleys - I could think of soo many fun things to handle this, besides choosing the only un-fun one (disallowing it by threatening server ban. Or set up a "Platzschutzstaffel"...) :(
No, I've never done it up until now, but I certainly would do it, if it were fair game and if I was into ground attack! ^-^

Ze-Jamz
05-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Organize yourselves and let him eat dirt, repeatedly. He can't get everyone on the ground. Use the chat/vent/ingame-radio (as soon as it works :D ) and so on...
I've not been that much into multiplayer yet, but I never understood why almost no server can cope with 'vulching' - or 'strafing ground targets', as it would be called IRL - by ingame-means. After all, no one dared to 'ban' those P-47s in france/germany in late 1944 either, did they? :)
(Or set up some nice flak alleys - I could think of soo many fun things to handle this, besides choosing the only un-fun one (disallowing it by threatening server ban. Or set up a "Platzschutzstaffel"...) :(
No, I've never done it up until now, but I certainly would do it, if it were fair game and if I was into ground attack! ^-^

Mate its not the point.. Id like to think their is a touch of sportsmanship among us or at least some common sence..this isnt directed at you but i hate all the 'This is War' BS..its a game at the end of the day where id like to think most people have fun.. this isnt about a big map where loads of players are on the servers and vulching if you dare to avoid flak is allowed..

Its a small island map where you can fly between Enemy bases within 30 seconds, so put that in the mix with a slow Spit or even a slow 109 startup and you get my meaning and frustration..So you dont get a chance to lift..

Its just pathectic..and like i say there isnt that many servers to choose from or that many players in them so why do people still choose to ruin it for others...people with that amount of shyte between their ears need to grow up a bit..

seriously winds me up as you can tell

ElAurens
05-26-2011, 09:16 PM
The first "vulcher" thread?

OH that's right, the "sporting regulations" dictate that opposing players can only fly over your field and wave their kerchief out of the open canopy until you attain an equal altitude and position, then at the signal you can start your dog fight.

:rolleyes:

Simulating war by playing Cricket.

Never understood it.

If you are getting attacked at your field it is your own fault for not putting up a proper CAP.

Ze-Jamz
05-26-2011, 09:17 PM
The first "vulcher" thread?

OH that's right, the "sporting regulations" dictate that opposing players can only fly over your field and wave their kerchief out of the open canopy until you attain an equal altitude and position, then at the signal you can start your dog fight.

:rolleyes:

Simulating war by playing Cricket.

Never understood it.

If you are getting attacked at your field it is your own fault for not putting up a proper CAP.

LOL

and you Sir can run along to another thread...thks

Ze-Jamz
05-26-2011, 09:21 PM

Oh and Einstein...Its a small island map..you know the one?, did you also manage to read the part about it takes 30 seconds if that to fly between our bases..you have a vulcher whos flying from base to base strafing planes who are trying to take off to play this sim..what CAP are you referring too?....jesus

take your smart ass comments somewhere else

Redroach
05-26-2011, 09:37 PM
mm okay, I understand the small map issue. Wrong map, wrong ruleset for me then. I'd really prefer to have everything allowed (except the obvious things like cheating, intentional team kills etc. of course). So I hope, depending on how CoD does in the future, that different servers with different rulesets will be available. To each his own then.
(Maybe I should delve into ataros' tutorials one nice day and set up these things. Flak alleys, Platzschutzstaffel airfields and their counterparts, Ground Attack airfields. Just to spice things up a little and to get rid of as many 'modern' rules as possible. :) )

Thee_oddball
05-26-2011, 09:40 PM
you make it air start only or you put an ungodly amount of AA on each base.

S!

Ze-Jamz
05-26-2011, 09:57 PM
You dont have to go to those lengths, however on that particular map yes Hardcore AA would help..

Im not against Vulching, it would be stupid to ban it on servers but common sense prevails, in this situation i see 4 players leave comments and exit server...there was only 5 reds to begin with and not many more Blues

thats my whole point here...not that vulching should be banned :cool:

Ataros
05-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Let's ask some C# gurus to make an anti-vulching script.

if damage is done withing X radius from airfield at alt <= Y m then >>
explode attacker's fuel tanks

Will install it on small maps when I have one.

Ze-Jamz
05-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Still want to find our why I get that authentication message though when trying to join last night...

One min all is okay then I can't join, I must of tried 10 times

ElAurens
05-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Let's ask some C# gurus to make an anti-vulching script.

if damage is done withing X radius from airfield at alt <= Y m then >>
explode attacker's fuel tanks

Will install it on small maps when I have one.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in my time with the IL2 franchise.

Build a better map, don't use the hand of God to enforce your petty, girly man rules.

War is not a sporting event. Nor should be the simulation of it.

Sauf
05-27-2011, 11:24 AM
Still want to find our why I get that authentication message though when trying to join last night...

One min all is okay then I can't join, I must of tried 10 times

It happens if you exit a server whilst it is loading, even though you haven't got to the menu screen, its as Atros said, the server "see's" you as being in and that you haven't hit exit. If you look at who is in the server from the server list you will see your name there.

Ataros
05-27-2011, 11:49 AM
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of in my time with the IL2 franchise.

Build a better map

I do not need your approval or judgment on maps we are running on Repka. I may consider it may be worth listening to your not so well thought over opinion again when you offer a couple of maps worth running online on any server AND learn to be polite enough to not disgrace people who brought you up.

nakedsquirrel
09-07-2011, 01:28 AM
As the title says really..

Done its usual thing of booting most people off (steam?) then when i resstarted game and tried to rejoin i get that Server Failed Authentication Msg

Is this ever going to be fixed? I get this very often

Ataros
09-07-2011, 07:49 AM
Is this ever going to be fixed? I get this very often

If you crash or disco while flying, Steam thinks you are still on the server when you try connecting. You can see your name amongst players.

Solution is to shut down Steam and wait for some time till Steam knows you are offline and then go back online.