PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

Formula88
05-25-2011, 10:58 PM
On the 10 or so servers in the server list theres maybe 50 people total during prime hours in Europe. After that it falls off to no one being online until the next day. After the last patch the game is really much more playable so where is everyone? 1946 is good and all but after playing CoD I cant go back to that, is it possible no one is making the switch simply because 1946 has much more content and can run on peoples pentium 1 machines?

SC/JG Matoni
05-26-2011, 12:44 AM
I would have a server up, but the memory leak in COD locked up my server.

Now I have to go into the colo @ my exspense, and hard boot it

Thank you 1C

Matoni

BlackbusheFlyer
05-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Well personally speaking I am not playing with-out sound, for me that is a show stopper and I think many others at the moment are waiting until the game works for a variety of reasons.

Troll2k
05-26-2011, 12:55 AM
SC/JG Matoni

They make a power strip that has an IP address and connected to the internet.It makes it easy to hard reboot.Provided you have the bios setup correctly for loss of power.

Troll2k
05-26-2011, 12:56 AM
I suspect that since Clod is not officially out in North America players are limited to Europe and Australia.

MadTommy
05-26-2011, 11:17 AM
I suspect that since Clod is not officially out in North America players are limited to Europe and Australia.

Numbers are still very low.. the idea of getting a 100+ on a multiplayer servers was the main thing that drew me to CloD.. i hope very much this improves!

5./JG27 Lehmann
05-26-2011, 11:29 AM
The game is still pretty shabby for me in Multiplayer at least. I can play in SP at Med/High settings with no issues at all, but when I try to join a MP server with any settings above lowest, the game freezes on the first frame just after creating a plane.

If I join on lowest settings it will run fine for about 15 mins, but will suddenly turn into a slide-show and lock up a few minutes later. So unbelievably broken for me :(

Have tried everything I have seen so far, new vid drivers, delete the cache, aero off, reinstall. Nothing helps :( My PC isn't exactly a monster, but it runs fine in SP with loads of AI, but MP just murders it :(

Specs:
E6700 2.66Ghz
8800GTX
2GB RAM
W7 Ultimate

JG53Frankyboy
05-26-2011, 11:35 AM
with all the FM, CEM, Weapon (selecting and explosion) 'BUGs' , why bothering with serious online play.................
anyway, i was never a fan of digfightservers, notthe last 10 yers with classic IL2. and i doubt i will become one with CoD.

IMHO !!

Heinz Laube
05-26-2011, 12:02 PM
i prefer to fly Bombers and wait for Coop...
sometimes, i am on sydicate server for some tests

mcler002
05-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Hello!

I was online today... same thing... though i havnt been on since the last couple of patches... need to catch up again since the me 109 pitch controller has changed...

I still think they need to fix the custom plane layout, then more people would play 24/7 :P

addman
05-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Don't worry, after he US launch there will be at least 12 more people playing online with you LOL!

Formula88
05-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Don't worry, after he US launch there will be at least 12 more people playing online with you LOL!

This might not be so far from the truth...

Tiger27
05-27-2011, 09:55 AM
I would have a server up, but the memory leak in COD locked up my server.

Now I have to go into the colo @ my exspense, and hard boot it

Thank you 1C

Matoni

Wondered where your server had gone Matoni, sorry to hear it's going to cost you, hope they can fix wjatever caused the leak.