PDA

View Full Version : conf.ini performance tweaks?

Anvilfolk
05-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm running the game on a 2 to 3-year old laptop. I can play at 15-20 average fps, but could do with a couple more frames.

Does anyone know of any conf.ini tweaks one can do? For instance, the water is beautiful and reflects the clouds and everything, but I don't mind sacrificing that in exchange for an extra 5fps.

Has anyone tried these settings out?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. no, unfortunately buying a new computer is not an option right now.

Flanker35M
05-25-2011, 07:48 PM
S!

Unfortunately there is not much information on the settings in the conf.ini at the moment. It would be a great thing to have a guide of it what each setting means for the user, at least the ones that like to tinker. At least I do ;)

But as a rule of thumb disable: shadows, grass, SSAO. Turn down to medium: lighting, texture size. You could also try the default Medium settings and then tweak the rest to your liking. But biggest FPS eaters are shadows, landscape textures/detail/lighting, amount of buildings and their respective settings + rear view mirrors in Hurricane and Spitfire. Those alone off (press "m") can give an extra 5-15fps!

I hope this helped.

Vengeanze
05-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Guess it's dependent on what specs one have cause changing Texture from Original to Low gives me max 2 frames more (I've got 2GB VRAM).

What eats frames on my system is then Land Shading (or whatever the name is) together with AA, resolution and Shadows.
Everything else gives very little or no change.

Anvilfolk
05-25-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the answers! I should've specified a bit better what my current settings are.

I have everything turned off (AA, AF, Grass, Shadows, SSAO) and everything on the lowest settings possible except for models on High and effects on medium (so I actually know I'm hitting!).

Other than that I'm running 1280x720, with DX9 since the game doesn't start under DX10.

There's not much else I can turn down, which is why I'm thinking of manually changing conf.ini :)

I'm on a laptop with a medium-range i5 (520 or 540?) and an nVidia 330M, 4gb ram, Win7. Not the fastest piece of junk in the world:)

Anvilfolk
06-11-2011, 03:37 AM
Well, just thought I'd pop-in and say that if you go to your conf.ini and put water=0 instead of water=-1, you won't get water. You'll get a textureless colour. You'll get no clue as to how low or high you are. But you might get an extra 5-10 frames ;)