PDA

View Full Version : Un-install & Re-install Question

SdS49r
05-24-2011, 05:55 PM
How do you un-install and then do a clean re-install? I shouldn't have to ask this question - but alas! - there is the "steam" cancer taking up room on my computer. I'll save my opinion about "steam" for another thread.

Do I need to uninstall steam? or can I simply delete the Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover? What about the My Document/1C SoftClub directory?

I need to remove all of my personal settings and start fresh. There was no information on the steam site that I could find. Please help. Thanks :confused:

Fjordmonkey
06-04-2011, 12:21 PM
To uninstall Steam itself, go into your Control Panel and uninstall it through your Add/remove Programs-function.

To uninstall the game, open your Steam Library, right-click CLoD, and hit Delete Local Content. After that you will most likely have to manually delete your 1C Softclub-folder from My Documents (or wherever that one ends up). You will also want to go into \Steam\Steamapps and delete any NCF's for CLoD, as well as check both your Common-folder and the folder labeled with your username and remove any leftovers from CLoD there as well.

To reinstall the game, Open your Steam Library, Click the game and hit the install-button. That'll yank the game down over the 'net. Mind you, if you've got slow connection, or a bandwith-limitation per month, you might want to reinstall it from the discs (if you have them). Remember, however, that you will get an error stating Invalid CD-key if you try to reapply the key, as that's already linked to your Steam account.

SdS49r
06-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Thanks for you help. Uninstalled COD and reinstalled the game again. Game is configured with my personal settings as before. I will uninstall COD and Steam once I get a response from Steam about doing so. Don't want issues like "michelip" in above thread.