PDA

View Full Version : How do you get back the damage report info window

lancerr
05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I've tried to add a new info window and select the vehicle damage field, but all I get are damage reports on my plance. How do I get the info window that was enabled by default?

White Owl
05-25-2011, 03:01 AM
I believe that default window was "console output", or something similarly worded. Could be wrong.

Blackdog_kt
05-25-2011, 04:06 AM
All this only works once you're spawned inside a mission, not from the menus, so just select any mission from the quick mission builder, press pause once you load and start tweaking.

You need to right-click on the screen (enable the mouse cursor first, default key for this is F10) and choose "create a new info window".

Alt-click on the new window to bring it into focus (click is for the cockpit switches, alt-click for the windows). Now you can right click on the window and choose "customize".

You get three columns:
The one on the right is the list of available data you can display on a window.
The middle column is what you have actually selected to display (the active data streams). There will always be an item named "window" there, which is the actual window with its title bar, borders and what not, regardless of what it's displaying.
The left one displays individual options for each of the active items in the middle column.

So, what you do is click on what you want to display on the right column, then click on the arrow buttons to move it to the middle one, this activates that particular data stream for the window. Then, you can click on each item in the middle column and its individual options will appear on the left one.

For example, once you position and resize the window you can click on "window" in the middle column and you'll get options in the left column to hide the title bar and borders. Or you can set the background and foreground alpha, these are the transparency settings for when the window is out of focus and in focus respectively. Or you can select to display your engine controls in an analog (sliders) or digital (percentage readouts) format if you have a "motor controls" item enabled. Etc, etc.

That being said, i don't exactly know which functions the original window contained. I didn't disable mine, i just customized them a bit when i first installed the sim, so i haven't kept any notes about what goes in each window. By the way, the radio chatter in red text and the blue HUD messages about gear/flaps/etc on the right side of the screen are also info windows which can be customized.

I guess the easiest way to revert back to default settings is make a backup of configuration files in your documents\1c Softclub\IL-2 cliffs of Dover folder, delete them, and temporarily enable Steam cloud to have it recreate them. The window settings are kept in ConfUser.ini. Then you will have to remap your controls or copy your backed up conf.ini over the restored one.

Since the latest patch tidied up the conf.ini structure and got rid of many legacy options, i guess it's better to actually map everything from scratch but it's a bit of work.

lancerr
05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks.

I finally found it - Server output (or something like that).

Now if I could only get a data stream that gave me my target vehicle's damage, that would be awesome.