PDA

View Full Version : Scoring System

Ze-Jamz
05-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Has anyone managed to find out whats what with the scoring system yet?

Is it points per hit? i know you share the points if someone else manages to get some hits on your foe..

Just now for instance i shot down a stuka as in cut it in half but we were quite low so when he hit the ground he spun to a stop while still firing the rear gunnner at me...hmmm anyhewww

He exited the server and i got no points fore that kill..so is it the whole refly thing again like we had in Il2?

JZG_Con
05-24-2011, 12:24 PM
i think the pionts system is a bit messed up at the moment , i think it should be done like it was back in ww2 .. a kill is a kill and the brits did percent of a kill ..the germans had the most effective way of doing it

Hellbender
05-24-2011, 12:27 PM
The score depends one how many people dealt damage to the plane.

When you are the only one who inflicted damage at the plane you are credited with 1.0 kills.

When you and other pilots inflict damage at the plane, the amount of kills is based on the damage you did to the enemy plane. The more damage you dealt, the more points you get credited with.

However if the enemy plane lands soemwhere damaged and does not blow up, there are no points at all. Only points are credited for crashing planes.

Osprey
05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
i think the pionts system is a bit messed up at the moment , i think it should be done like it was back in ww2 .. a kill is a kill and the brits did percent of a kill ..the germans had the most effective way of doing it

You mean by lying?

The RAF required crash proof, guncam proof or eyewitness support. Germany didn't and it was convenient for the propaganda machine which the likes of HJ Marseille who took advantage. 17 in a sortie? pah......

mac453
05-27-2011, 01:44 PM
You mean by lying?
ouch !

TomcatViP
05-27-2011, 07:09 PM
You mean by lying?

The RAF required crash proof, guncam proof or eyewitness support. Germany didn't and it was convenient for the propaganda machine which the likes of HJ Marseille who took advantage. 17 in a sortie? pah......

+1

But it was 7 in a sortie not 17

Remind me the story of this schwarm of "aces" in north africa caught strafing the empty sand dunes for claiming back some "easy kills".

Some years ago, a comprehensive, well documented and serious study was made on Heinz Bar : result 120/130 (don't remember the exact nbr - made by German historian I think). While this is significantly lower than teh 220/221 he has been credited during the war It is still an outstanding nbr and tell you how those Experteen had become tigers of the Eu skies when they survived.

But it left too quite impressive evidences about what was the German propaganda in the Luftwaffe.

Funny. I just checked wiki and it seems that his score has been corrected. Sadly the official Luftwaffe score was only stated at the end near the end of the article where most reader won't go with the result of diminishing his actual role in the history of the Luftwaffe.

Sauf
05-27-2011, 08:10 PM
IIRC Marseille claimed his 17 over 3 sorties in one day, from wiki,

Leaving his fiancée in Rome, Marseille returned to combat duties on 23 August. 1 September 1942 was Marseille's most successful day, destroying 17 enemy aircraft, and September would see him score 54 kills, his most productive month.[47] The 17 enemy aircraft shot down included eight in 10 minutes, as a result of this feat he was presented with a type 82 Volkswagen Kübelwagen by an Italian Regia Aeronautica squadron, on which his Italian comrades had painted "Otto" (Italian language: Otto = eight).[48] This was the most aircraft from Western Allied air forces shot down by a single pilot in one day.

and

Marseille was credited with 17 kills in three separate sorties over El Taqua, Alam Halfa and Deir el Raghat.
His adversaries on the early morning missions were Mk II Hurricanes (No. 1 Squadron SAAF and No. 238 Squadron RAF) and Mk V Spitfires (No. 92 Squadron RAF). One South African, Lieutenant Bailey, was injured in a crash landing, while Major P. R. C. Metelerkamp managed to fly his heavily damaged fighter back to his base. Flying Officer I. W. (Ian) Matthews of 238 Sqn was killed.[118] Pilot Officer Bradley-Smith (92 Sqn) bailed out of his burning Spitfire VC BR474. Bradley-Smith was uninjured.
Among Marseille’s adversaries during the midday combat were Mk IIB Tomahawks of No. 5 Squadron SAAF and Mk I Kittyhawks of No. 2 Squadron SAAF, to which was attached pilots of the 57th Fighter Group USAAF.[Notes 10] Lieutenant Stearns was wounded in the crash-landing of his P-40, Lieutenant Morrison (Kittyhawk I, ET575) remains missing in action, Lieutenant W. L. O. Moon bailed out of his Kittyhawk I, EV366 and was uninjured. Lieutenant G. B. Jack also remains missing in action.
Marseille's evening opponents were Hurricanes from No. 213 Squadron RAF, of which Marseille claimed five shot down.[120] Marseille's 117th official victory was over a Hurricane Mk IIB, BN273. The pilot, Sergeant A. Garrod, bailed out uninjured.

Qpassa
05-27-2011, 09:50 PM
I love this system is the perfect if you fight in pairs or someone try to steal an enemy!
Good Idea from the development team