PDA

View Full Version : Strafing and Vulching

Formula88
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM
So I'm playing online today and after flying over the channel and encountering no resistance I decide to fly over the enemy airfield. Hey look, theres some planes parked on the ground! I'm all by myself over an enemy airfield and decide it would be best to make sure they dont get airborne, so they get the strafe treatment. Hey look, after my strafing pass someone is taking off, not if I can help it! You just got vulched! Shortly after my strafing pass the same guy I just strafed spawns at the same airfield si I strafe em again. Following this people start saying things like, "Oh you cant get a kill the real way?", and " Your just mad cause you cant dogfight". Heres my answer to those people who cry about strafing and vulching.

1. I just flew all the way across the channel and met no resistance, blame your team for not covering their airbase properly.

2. I'm usually by myself when on these strafing runs so I'm not about to let 3 FASTER aircraft get airborne at once to come after me.

3. There are multiple places to spawn, if you get strafed and then respawn on the same airfield 3 seconds later...wow dont complain when I rack up kills against stupid people.:rolleyes:

4. Even if I do come across an enemy plane(Usually a 109 since i use the Spit almost exclusively) the SOB will just climb and run and then try to boom and zoom me, I always see them coming and just turn into them and this can go on forever with no one getting an advantage until another aircraft shows up. The solution to this, the Spitfire 2, is never available in the servers due to the fact that it performs like it should. Go figure. No air battle will ever be perfectly even but with the Spit 1 and 109E all we have is a boring stalemate where only a terrible pilot will lose. Lets get the spit 2 going so the 109 drivers will have to fight.

5. I wont complain if you strafe my base, I know how to counter it.

In short, stop ******* crying and spawn somewhere else. Im flying low and probably have little ammo after strafing, not to mention no matter what I do I cant run away. Get spawned and come after the "noob" strafer. S~

609_Huetz
05-24-2011, 01:50 AM
I won't even comment on the vulching and strafing part, if it's permitted by the people who run the server, there's no need to cry. Furthermore, just about the only thing apart from your own aircraft you can hear is AAA going off at your field, if the vulching comes as a surprise, people should reconsider their SA.

I also do not want to see Spitfire MkIIs, I do want to see BoB Spitfire MkIs. Yeah, that's right. 100 octane fuel and the correct prop. That however is up to the devs to fix it. I do agree, it's a little boring to see 8 enemys per sortie but only 2 will ever accept a fight, even if they have an advantage.

drewpee
05-24-2011, 12:41 PM
The way I like to play is if it'll blow up it should be shot at.:-P

LoBiSoMeM
05-26-2011, 03:47 PM
So I'm playing online today and after flying over the channel and encountering no resistance I decide to fly over the enemy airfield. Hey look, theres some planes parked on the ground! I'm all by myself over an enemy airfield and decide it would be best to make sure they dont get airborne, so they get the strafe treatment. Hey look, after my strafing pass someone is taking off, not if I can help it! You just got vulched! Shortly after my strafing pass the same guy I just strafed spawns at the same airfield si I strafe em again. Following this people start saying things like, "Oh you cant get a kill the real way?", and " Your just mad cause you cant dogfight". Heres my answer to those people who cry about strafing and vulching.

1. I just flew all the way across the channel and met no resistance, blame your team for not covering their airbase properly.

2. I'm usually by myself when on these strafing runs so I'm not about to let 3 FASTER aircraft get airborne at once to come after me.

3. There are multiple places to spawn, if you get strafed and then respawn on the same airfield 3 seconds later...wow dont complain when I rack up kills against stupid people.:rolleyes:

4. Even if I do come across an enemy plane(Usually a 109 since i use the Spit almost exclusively) the SOB will just climb and run and then try to boom and zoom me, I always see them coming and just turn into them and this can go on forever with no one getting an advantage until another aircraft shows up. The solution to this, the Spitfire 2, is never available in the servers due to the fact that it performs like it should. Go figure. No air battle will ever be perfectly even but with the Spit 1 and 109E all we have is a boring stalemate where only a terrible pilot will lose. Lets get the spit 2 going so the 109 drivers will have to fight.

5. I wont complain if you strafe my base, I know how to counter it.

In short, stop ******* crying and spawn somewhere else. Im flying low and probably have little ammo after strafing, not to mention no matter what I do I cant run away. Get spawned and come after the "noob" strafer. S~

Welcome to the marvelou whining IL-2 Series MP world!

Someday try to jump in Spit Vs 109 server, chase some blue plane runnig like a little dog from you, until he starts to turn over their spawn airbase and cry like a baby: "You can't shoot me here! It's against the rules!"

"Rules" are the answer to no skilled people and game designs that not "protect" whiners... That's the life: you'll need to play with this kind of no skilled people, that NEED to gain big altitude and speed advantage to survive... It's part of IL-2 culture now... LOL!

Wait just a little and, when you engage a simple plane with the help of a wingman, you'll hear sometimes:

"Coward! Come again alone, without your friend!"

It's really pathetic... :)

EAF331 Starfire
05-31-2011, 08:24 AM
omeday try to jump in Spit Vs 109 server, chase some blue plane runnig like a little dog from you, until he starts to turn over their spawn airbase and cry like a baby: "You can't shoot me here! It's against the rules!"

"Rules" are the answer to no skilled people and game designs that not "protect" whiners... That's the life: you'll need to play with this kind of no skilled people, that NEED to gain big altitude and speed advantage to survive... It's part of IL-2 culture now... LOL!

Wait just a little and, when you engage a simple plane with the help of a wingman, you'll hear sometimes:

"Coward! Come again alone, without your friend!"

It's really pathetic... :)

I am glad to see the attitude of people in this thread. I completely agree.

Personally I try to fly by the servers rules but we know that combat are fluent.
All books about aircombat states that killing the other sides aircrafts on the ground are the most effective way of disableing the other sides airforce.
I am all into chivalry,...when the other guy hangs in his parachute or when he is attemting an emergency landing in the field.
The guys that blames you for running away or flying as part of a team are not real sim-pilots. They are action-players and there are nothing wrong with that, but there are something wrong with how they percieve these sims/games. We(pilots) play/fly these sims for many different reasons. Some play the game, som play the sim, some for the immersion and some for the teamwork.

Play this as you want, obey the server rules and be paitient with those that don't don't have that perspective ;)

BigPickle
05-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Strafing is part of the game, and part of war, get over it

41Sqn_Stormcrow
05-31-2011, 10:13 PM
To be honest, I think starting a thread in this tone is a bit off. If I was be mean I would ask: "Now who is whining?" :-P

BigPickle
06-01-2011, 10:18 AM
the guy in the air is winning because he's strafing the guy who cant get off the ground

jg27_mc
06-01-2011, 11:10 AM
the guy in the air is winning because he's strafing the guy who cant get of the ground

Nah... He is whining because he flies Spits. Try flying 109's. It will probably do the trick. :-P

BigPickle
06-01-2011, 02:03 PM
so what if he flew down strafed a player on the ground, by luck the grounded player got airborne and just as his first rounds strike and hit the vulcher he disconnects then rejoins quickly making a big lag spike and our now unlucky player stalls in the lag spike and crashes :-P