PDA

View Full Version : Graphical Issue when flying through clouds

flyrob
05-23-2011, 02:50 AM
Hi everyone, I tried looking for this issue but i havent found anything on it. When I fly through clouds, the cloud will "blink" white and its like one of those disco balls except there are no colourfull lights its just white. It is really painfull to the eye and it probably isnt an accurate depiction of what its like to fly through clouds. I know if the sun pierces the cloud at certain points you will get this sensation but it is not the sunlight because this happens when you fly through thick layers of cloud. Can anyone confirm this issue and wether or not its just a graphical error thats gonna be ironed out or if i am just a noob? ^^
cheers

White Owl
05-23-2011, 06:11 AM
I get the same thing. It started after the recent hotfix.

Flanker35M
05-23-2011, 12:09 PM
S!

Noted this anomaly as well. Quite strong effect when clouds flash.

KG26_Alpha
05-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone, I tried looking for this issue but i havent found anything on it. When I fly through clouds, the cloud will "blink" white and its like one of those disco balls except there are no colourfull lights its just white. It is really painfull to the eye and it probably isnt an accurate depiction of what its like to fly through clouds. I know if the sun pierces the cloud at certain points you will get this sensation but it is not the sunlight because this happens when you fly through thick layers of cloud. Can anyone confirm this issue and wether or not its just a graphical error thats gonna be ironed out or if i am just a noob? ^^
cheers

Please post your video configuration settings, drivers and hardware when reporting such problems.

Thxz

flyrob
05-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi again, seems it wasnt such an uncommon issue! I agree with the 2 above posters who use the word "flash" instead of "blink" its a better fitting term. I will try to see if i can get screenshots of it since i dont have recording software.

Im using the newest Nvidia drivers and everything is up to date.

My specs are: i5 760 @ 3.06 ghz , gtx 460 1gb OC, 4 gb Ram@1333mhz.
Settings are: Vsync on, SSAO Epilespy both OFF, Resolution 1600x1024@60hz.
I have model detail and damage all on maximum, while i have turned buildings amount to low, grass off. I get around 30-40 fps in most situations but with alot of micro stutter, perhaps the micro stutter generates the flashes?

I have tried using different settings but it is not helping.

flyrob
05-26-2011, 02:05 PM
bump!

flyrob
05-29-2011, 05:15 PM
bump!

Tiger27
05-30-2011, 12:10 PM
I was experiencing this, the fix for me was to turn off RTA on my samsung lcd, it gives me a similar effect in ROF and Il2, not sure if this is anyone elses problem, but mine went from quite bright flashing to normal after turning RTA off, unfortunately with my lcd I have to remember to do this everytime I start a 3d game.