PDA

View Full Version : game support

BH_woodstock
05-22-2011, 04:51 PM
been wondering and hoping i can ask this question without being banned.Is it possible in any way that we can get Cliffs of Dover game support for hyperlobby.
please consider that Hyperlobby has kept the IL-2 series ALIVE and well for the past 10 yrs and would like to continue for many many more.
I am not asking for just myself but for every lobby member out there.last count for registered users is over 250,000. That is a quarter of a million pilots that want to continue using the lobby WITH "Cliffs of Dover"
a quarter of a million satisfied users that have flown IL-2 series over the past 10 years.
Even Mr. Oleg Maddox himself has flown there.And we were proud to have him there as well.
please consider this and hoping to get a positive reply from anyone concerned.
Thank you for your time and ~S~ to all.:grin:

Blackdog_kt
05-22-2011, 06:20 PM
It's possible to use external server browsers with CoD (the manual says so). In order for this to happen the creator of Hyperlobby will have to release a new version of the software with CoD support.

LLv26_Mikko
05-23-2011, 02:30 PM
In my opinion we need hyperlobby or something similar to make COD popular Online sim.

LLv26_Mikko
CO. Lentolaivue 26

Ze-Jamz
05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
In my opinion we need hyperlobby or something similar to make COD popular Online sim.

LLv26_Mikko
CO. Lentolaivue 26

+1 Yep

Tiger27
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Hasn't Jirri said he will look at adding new games but it needs someone to send him a copy of the game so that it can be added, I wouldn't be suprised to see CoD appear on HL at some stage, HL is great for knowing who is playing what, both CoD and ROF could benefit from being on HL, in my opinion.

X32Wright
05-24-2011, 02:18 AM
Doesnt COD need to be uncoupled from Steam to work with HL?

Troll2k
05-24-2011, 02:29 AM
A quote from Jiri dated April 15th.

"We are working at IL2 COD support. More details later "
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7954

I assume that means he has a copy.

BH_woodstock
05-26-2011, 10:44 PM
would like to hear more comments on those who would like to see this happen:grin:

Blackdog_kt
05-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Doesnt COD need to be uncoupled from Steam to work with HL?

According the CoD manual it works with external server browsing tools.

Tiger27
05-27-2011, 01:32 AM
A quote from Jiri dated April 15th.

"We are working at IL2 COD support. More details later "
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7954

I assume that means he has a copy.

Great, if they can make it happen, this would surely boost online numbers, why do these devs keep trying to use there own multiplayer tools, but they always forget to add somewhere to chat, HL is the best I've used in my time gaming, it makes it a lot more social, while you are waiting to join.

I wish ROF would be looked at as well, Im sure this would get more people playing online, which will then generate more sales, no brainer for me.

JG14_Jagr
05-27-2011, 07:39 AM
why do these devs keep trying to use there own multiplayer tools,

Devs tend not to use their own. Devs tend to write games to use the server browsers of people that pay them to do it :)

ScottDmac
05-27-2011, 09:00 PM
S! BH_ woodstock
Your loving friend Orbit here: o)

Today it would have helped me out with some really dumb questions I have. (First time trying it online)
My question will be answered here but it would have been in/out/in of the game through Hyperlobby.

This game and all games in my mind should have some sort of resting place for players to chat live without being in a game for many reasons.
And I know from a personal experience … it’s well moderated he he.

Crossing my fingers and hope for to see it in Hyperlobby sooner than later….
I’ll be on my best behavior when it’s up and running Woodstock!

S~

12Strings
05-29-2011, 10:46 PM
S! Sirs.
I would like to add my support to the request to allow Cliffs of Dover to be made available to the Hyper Lobby.
I have had CloD since it was released in Australia and have found finding support for it difficult and time consuming.
Within hyper lobby there is and has always been online available support for games, version installs and problem solving which allows issues to be solved in real time while keeping information fresh and flowing as opposed to posting in a forum and waiting for a response. Not that i have a problem with forums. Without this site i would never have had the answers to solve issues for friends in HL.
Also the lobby function within steam requires you to find the people you wish to fly with and is created by one individual so it makes it problematic if the lobby host quits in the middle of a conversation which has happened to me before.
HL certainly has a large amount of folk globally and anyone who has used it knows that overall people are helpful and courteous there.
Many flyers in IL2 1946 are wanting to try CloD but as it stands the system makes it hard to use the game as they are used too which is primarily through simple ease of access and with the option of human camaraderie that is available in a public lobby.
Yours in good faith
RAF_Strings