PDA

View Full Version : Configuing Eyefinity for CoD

moxy
05-21-2011, 10:33 PM
~S~ All

Watching Roadczar's video on his Eyefinity Set up I realized Ive got a little Glitch in my 3 screen set up, I'm hoping someone can help.
When putting up the game. the splash and Menu screens, are wider then my center monitor, ( the writing, options, exit, etc, reads "tions". "xt" behind the bezel... roadczars are not), its like I have to scale the width of my center monitor
Bezel compensation , seem only to move the outside monitors in.
Somethings wrong, any help appreciated

3x 28" hanns g's 1920x1200 (stock) 6240x1200 (compensated)
Q6600 OC to 3GHz
6G ram

FYI system is weak on the GPU side (always 100%) But Im flying, looks
good, but....no way is it combat ready on 3 screens, too low fps. 1 screen..no prob.
Thought someone would be interested, as a reference

II./JG1_Schulte "Moxy"

Derinahon
05-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Noticed this when I last tried eyefinity. It's not uncommon, GTR Evo and RFactor do it too. Other games are fine though. No idea how to fix it, but you're not alone :)

moxy
05-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the reply
its not the end of the world, but it makes somethings really hard
Moxy

Troll2k
05-22-2011, 12:10 AM
I do not have a 3 screen setup but I thought the total resolution was 3 times the horizontal times the single vertical. Single=A x B, triple=3A x B.

A and B being the monitor's native resolution.

Somebody that is actually running it should be by in a couple of posts.

Derinahon
05-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Bezel compensation is added on to get the final resolution.

Psycho_Ch!cken
05-22-2011, 06:52 AM
It's not a glitch. It's simply that the default aspect ratio for the menus is 16:9 and ordinarily it squashes that up to fit on screens with ratios that aren't quite as wide. Roadczar has 16:9 monitors, so it scales perfectly to his centre screen. Your monitors however (and mine) are 16:10 and if you used a single monitor it would squash the sides in. You're not using one physical screen though, Eyefinity is telling your PC that you have a single monitor with a ratio of 24:5 and the game figures it's just sticking the menu in the middle of it, hence the bits hanging over the sides.

If you watch a 16:9 movie on your PC with Eyefinity enabled you'll see the same thing happen. Ironically, it's your bezel compensation that's making life difficult. Normally you'd still be able to see those extra bits, just hanging off each side. With compensation on, most of that would be hidden behind the bezels - but you already know that, hence this thread!

By the way, you're spot on about performance and Eyefinity. I've got a pair of 2GB 6950's and they struggle. Even with a single monitor, I see sub-70fps over the channel and on the ground in the First Solo training mission I get under 20fps depending on which way I'm looking. Roadczar is running a pair of 6990's (effectively quad-fire) and still has all his settings on Medium to get it running smoothly.

TL/DR - It's working as intended and will happen in any game/app where a screen is scaled down from 16:9 rather than scaled up from 4:3 or based on relative coordinates.

moxy
05-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Nice to hear from you again Psycho (last time at RoF) (Eyefinity, draw distance)
Thanks for explanation!! Makes sense.
Ah for everything good there is all ways something bad.
This ones gonna be a bitch, scrolling behind the bezel.
But Il never fly again on one screen.
Thanks
Moxy

Admins, sorry about the wrong posting slot, thanks

Psycho_Ch!cken
05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Np, I thought your name looked familiar. ;)

Your only real solution in this case is to disable bezel compensation. It's still a bit weird, but you can at least use the menus, albeit awkwardly.

(offtopic: sounds like RoF's draw distance issue might be resolved next patch if they truly have changed the way draw distance is calculated)

moxy
05-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Great on RoF thanks.
Im just gonna have to use my x ray bezel vision.
My bezels are wide.
Moxy

Codex
05-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Maybe this will help you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYorUpN4PQo