PDA

View Full Version : do you mentally insult your foe online?

raaaid
05-21-2011, 12:19 PM
i dont know i dont see a way to put 500 bullets in a foe and think nice things

the other day i was emptying my ammo on a guy and i thought so you like this eh filthy bastrad

when i realized i was thinking that i thought.... oh

but is this good or bad?

i dont know you can always fantasize is your boss in the other plane

Strike
05-21-2011, 01:11 PM
i dont know i dont see a way to put 500 bullets in a foe and think nice things

the other day i was emptying my ammo on a guy and i thought so you like this eh filthy bastrad

when i realized i was thinking that i thought.... oh

but is this good or bad?

i dont know you can always fantasize is your boss in the other plane

how old are you?

raaaid
05-21-2011, 01:48 PM
im 36 and im serious

i think online violence encourages hate feelings

i never menatlly insult no one or try not to but when i play this game cant help it

edit:

also think this is the best war sim out there, im just noticing it even puts you in the prper hate mood :)

Strike
05-21-2011, 02:09 PM
I see it as a game. Like if I beat my friend in a card game, I feel victorious. If he beats me, I feel defeated and want a rematch to get back.

When I play IL-2 and shoot down a friend, I feel I'm lucky this time nobody was baiting me or shot me down before I got to him. And that next time, I might not be so lucky. I don't start hating people until they play unsportingly, teamkill, intentionally grief and stuff like that. Then I might swear and laugh evilishly as my foe burns in his virtual plane :p

SG1_Lud
05-21-2011, 02:32 PM
I think your feelings are normal, nor good nor bad, unless you let the game fool you and make you hate really. Try flying with friends and playing in opposite teams, you will see this not very diferent of any other competitive game although you're putting a stream of virtual bullets in his cockpit.

The real thing would be different, and I read lot of combat pilot stories. It was not a question of liking to shoot someone, but to shoot or be shot.

Peter Brill, german pilot in wwii, gave a conference in Barcelona, in spanish, and today he refuses to talk of his victories, because he feels respect for that dead pilots. You may find it in mp3 or I can give you the link.

There is also another story of a pilot who was shot down and had to eject at high altitude, but he opened the parachute too soon, a mistake. He saw the other pilot coming with his plane, and when he thought he was about to shoot him, the other pliot made several passes near him, making the parachute close every time until he was low enough to breath again.

And there are stories of dishonor in the air too, but coming back to topic, I dont think you are experimenting anything strange.

and you made me think , but normally i curse and hate when its me the one who is being shot :)

Iku_es
05-21-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't think is bad provided you don't forget that it's only a game, and respect the rest of the pilots.

Speaking of myself, I don't have very polite thoughts when someone is shooting at me LOL, or when someone is spoiling my firing solution in a dogfight ... hold steady 5 seconds you sneaky $#%!!.

ATAG_Doc
05-23-2011, 08:44 PM
This is a game. I don't care what happens one way or the other. As long as I am having fun that's all that matters. Shoot me down I don't care. At the end of the day I am still using all of you for my personal entertainment. And you spent all your hard earned money for the software and hardware your internet so you could join me. And this makes me very happy. Thank you.

TomcatViP
05-24-2011, 09:55 PM
+1 TimeJ

If I have seen my self jumping out of my chair by surprise or with a heart beat rising for fear of being shot down during a dogfight, usually I start yelling only when I begin to see my adversaries moving like UFOs or bending the time continuum as easily as Einstein did with his tongue .

Lately my Uuushsh!!! and AAahh!!! could have turn into full monologue the short time I played until I had to give up disgusted... And I hve been around with IL2, SoW or the infamous RoF

But since CoD is out and running smoothly, during my playtime, I hardly emit a single sound to the point that my Cat that as been acting as my lazy copilot since Microprose 1942, EAW or years of heavy flying with F4 is now back on my desk lying aside my ctrer and snoring quietly like a full sized hog.

I tell you one thing that I know for sure : CoD should be recommended by PETA :rolleyes:

Osprey
05-27-2011, 01:00 PM
You need to worry when it gets this bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRM8E5TJVqM

Ataros
05-27-2011, 01:04 PM
You need to worry when it gets this bad:

"No CoD patch tonight!?"

mac453
05-27-2011, 01:24 PM
Frack WOW

Redroach
05-27-2011, 01:38 PM
I prefer to actually insult people ingame.

raaaid
05-27-2011, 08:37 PM
i think you should be able to hear via mic the person your shooting at

that would be a balst

Warhound
05-27-2011, 09:06 PM
You mean that thing called voicecoms many servers provide?

raaaid
05-27-2011, 11:12 PM
yeah but im too lazy to use it should be integrated with the game