PDA

View Full Version : Sound cutting out in multiplayer

|450|Devil
05-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I have lost sound four or five times on OGN and SYNDICATE servers generally just after AAA goes off near my aircraft. The sound either goes completely or becomes very broken. I have noticed another player also texting that they have lost sound as well.

This did not happen before the latest patch.

Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD7-83
RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 2600K CPU @ 3.4Ghz
DirectX: 10
Sound: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme

Ze-Jamz
05-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Alot of people are having this issue mate

Blackrat
05-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Happened to me in the latest beta, I did report it, obviously wasn't fixed.

phoenix1963
05-21-2011, 04:11 PM
I'll repeat what I posted elsewhere, as all do not seem to have seen it:

I've found two switches in Windows: Sounds -> Playback -> [device] -> Properties -> Advanced -> Exclusive Mode
UNCHECK this.
I've tried many servers, sounds are all on.

56RAF_phoenix

Sauf
05-21-2011, 09:14 PM

I've found two switches in Windows: Sounds -> Playback -> [device] -> Properties -> Advanced -> Exclusive Mode
UNCHECK this.

56RAF_phoenix

Tried this but still lost sound mid misson.

edit* rebooted and seems to be working, 2 missons with no sound loss.

|450|Devil
05-22-2011, 12:13 AM
Tried "Windows: Sounds -> Playback -> [device] -> Properties -> Advanced -> Exclusive Mode UNCHECK this" and then flew on OGN and SYNDICATE servers for over an hour each without any problems. Included attacking a number of AI and human operated aircraft. Little AAA though.

Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD7-83
RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 2600K CPU @ 3.4Ghz
DirectX: 10
Sound: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme

TheEnlightenedFlorist
05-22-2011, 01:45 AM

UNCHECK this.

56RAF_phoenix

This worked for me too. I have a VIA sound chip.

rakinroll
05-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Tried and it worked for a while but then sound has gone again. It is driving me crazy!

Sauf
05-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Same here, had sound for 3 missons on SYN then lost it for the last 2, MP is back to being unplayable for me :(

roadczar
05-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Same here, losing sound mid-mission...

Insuber
05-22-2011, 10:37 PM
Most of the people has this bug in MP. Me too, and the exclusive thing didn't solve it. PLEASE LUTHIER FIX IT!

Cheers,
Insuber

Bobb4
05-23-2011, 01:35 PM
No problem with sound unless you count tracks.
I have sometimes lost sound for a few seconds, but going between external and internal camera seems to fix it on our server?
I know the Syndicate server does not have externals as an option, I have never lost sound on it but I was thinking that maybe it is linked somehow.
The game/sound engine is losing track of the plane? This would also explain why the game can only reproduce plane sounds in tracks on planes you fly. It really does not know what else is flying?

I however agree with every poster here, it is something that needs fixing and as this game is very close to it's predecessor it should not be something that is not easy to fix surely?:confused:

242Sqn_Prof
05-23-2011, 02:37 PM
A friend heard about switching the output device from 16 bit - 4800 Mhz to 16 bit - 9800 Mhz. It seems to have helped me, I've only had the sound go once since, so it hasn't fixed it completely.

SYN_Flashman
05-24-2011, 08:26 AM
At Syndicate we have found that the sound often cuts out when AI aircraft spawn, either as a submission or as part of the main mission overall.

Perhaps there is an issue regarding radio chatter?

JZG_Con
05-24-2011, 12:26 PM
same here , had to quite the game and try again , that worked , really needs sorting ,

Flashman
05-24-2011, 07:25 PM
We have found the sound cuts out when either AI missions start from scripts or because of screen messages (the big orange ones).

We will be trying a mission shortly without the screen messages and will report back if it helps.

Flashman
05-24-2011, 08:15 PM
We tried without on screen HUD messages (via scripts) and it made no difference. However on one occasion my sound cut out the moment a group of AI aircraft spawned via a script. This appears to be a common them on our server.

icetbag
05-24-2011, 11:45 PM
I have a Gigabyte X58A-UD5 with onboard Realtek 7.1.

After the latest patch (and hotfix) I too had intermittent sound on MP servers. I went into the Steam > SteamApps > Common > IL-2 Sturmvovik Cliffs of Dover folder and deleted the following files:

:: conf.ini
:: confs.ini
:: confUser.ini

I kept my control bindings in a seperate backup file so I didnt have to remap them all again.

I then (in Windows 7) went and did the same thing in [C:] > Users > [Me] > My Documents > 1C SoftClub > IL-2 Sturnmovik Cliffs of Dover folder and deleted the same 3 files (left the bldconf.ini file in place).

I then launched Steam, right clicked on IL-2 CoD and went to Properties > Local Files Tab > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Steam then re-created the 3 missing files.

Having looked at the new config files there where some noticeable changes between the previous config files and the new ones Steam just created.

Since then, I have not lost sound in a MP game, or the SP for that matter. Im also running GameBooster v2.3 and it has made a massive improvement to my FPS (not sure if that has had any effect on the sound issue).

Either the older cluttered config files are the cause, or its just coincidence that I havent had the issue since deleting them and getting Steam to create new ones.

Maybe worth a try to see if others have the same luck?

SYN_Per
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Thx for your efforts icetbag (what a great name!) but alas it didn´t work for me. Sounds cut out anyway after a while, and as Flashy stated above, always when ai spawn.
Please fix this 1C. Thx. :)

Ataros
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Did anyone try this?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=288906&postcount=21

icetbag
05-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Thx for your efforts icetbag (what a great name!) but alas it didn´t work for me. Sounds cut out anyway after a while, and as Flashy stated above, always when ai spawn.
Please fix this 1C. Thx. :)

Cheers ;)

Shame it didnt work for you, its all I did and I havent lost sound on your MP server since, must just be coincidence :(

Ataros
05-26-2011, 12:28 PM
must just be coincidence :(

Can it be Gamebooster then? I am using it too and never had this problems.

rakinroll
05-26-2011, 01:23 PM
What is gamebooster guys? Should we use it for this game?

Ataros
05-26-2011, 01:36 PM
What is gamebooster guys? Should we use it for this game?

Does not hurt me ) http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23176
And it is FREE!

Flashman
05-26-2011, 01:53 PM
WIth regards to the sound issue. I was doing some offline testing of one of my missions and found it presented the same issues, i.e. Sound would start to fail on the spawning of AI. No internet was involved in the causing of this problem.

Ataros
05-26-2011, 02:02 PM
WIth regards to the sound issue. I was doing some offline testing of one of my missions and found it presented the same issues, i.e. Sound would start to fail on the spawning of AI. No internet was involved in the causing of this problem.

If you can reproduce the issue please make a small track with this very moment and upload it here. I will send it to the devs.

SYN_Per
05-26-2011, 02:21 PM
I´m actually running gamebooster Ataros, and still sound foggs off... ;)

icetbag
05-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Are any of you with sound issues using a Realtek chipset by any chance?

Forgot to mention, when I first ran GameBooster it highlighted an update for my onboard Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs.

The update (r2.60) was released on 6th May 2011.

:: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

rakinroll
05-28-2011, 01:06 PM
No sound, no good fps, lines at horizon, freezes etc... this is really boring. :-(

Qpassa
05-28-2011, 01:35 PM
I also have this issue