PDA

View Full Version : Ground Attack Enigma??????

timholt
05-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Running latest hot fix I am still getting lock ups requiring the task manager exit when doing ground attacks.

Edit: I normally fly either a Hurricane or a Spit and when attacking vehicle columns the game will lock up, usually on the second pass, as soon as I start firing, i.e. no explosions, just the tracers leaving the guns.

I just changed the FMB mission to a 109 strafing a couple of Brit fuel colums, got spectacular explosions (flew straight through them) and did numerous passes without a lock up. An enigma I would love an explanation for.

Edit 2. I just tried the 109 on the same column the Brit planes lock up the computer. I got several passes in including huge fuel explosions but eventually got the lock up again. On each occasion there is a huge memory spike and I think it may have something to do with vehicles towing trailers????

Also mirrors are still a physadelic mess.

Still losing sound occasionally.

Still being asked if I would like to drop out of Aero.

Still got that feeling of going nowhere on this.

RoF, here I come.

timholt
05-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Running latest hot fix I am still getting lock ups requiring the task manager exit when doing ground attacks.

Edit: I normally fly either a Hurricane or a Spit and when attacking vehicle columns the game will lock up, usually on the second pass, as soon as I start firing, i.e. no explosions, just the tracers leaving the guns.

I just changed the FMB mission to a 109 strafing a couple of Brit fuel colums, got spectacular explosions (flew straight through them) and did numerous passes without a lock up. An enigma I would love an explanation for.

Edit 2. I just tried the 109 on the same column the Brit planes lock up the computer. I got several passes in including huge fuel explosions but eventually got the lock up again. On each occasion there is a huge memory spike and I think it may have something to do with vehicles towing trailers????

Also mirrors are still a physcadelic mess.

Still losing sound occasionally.

Still being asked if I would like to drop out of Aero.

Still got that feeling of going nowhere on this.

RoF, here I come.

It looks like the vehicles towing either trailers or guns was the culprit. I deleted those colums in the various missions and substituted them with fuel columns. Huge explosions to fly through (with the Hurricane) and not a lockup to be had.

What is the best way to get this back to the developers?

White Owl
05-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Whoah, you found the problem. Very cool.

I think we're supposed to use this thread for officially reporting things: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21096

timholt
05-22-2011, 07:38 AM
Thanks