PDA

View Full Version : Dont forget to update your drivers:)

Bryan21cag
05-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Stupid me Forgot to check for driver update on ATI. Updated to 11.5 ATI display Drivers and All of a sudden I have almost perfect performance in full screen mode. My bad Please disregard my Tech posts :)

Here is a photo of my GPU performance as of new drivers and new patch::):):):):):)

Wow what a difference. Just flew a complete mission shot down 1 ME and got a piece of another in a Hurri. Still a bit choppy with everything turned on but it could just bee my rig is not fast enough :) either way this game just crossed the line for me from not playable to very fun :) feels good :) cant wait for more improvements

Cheers

Ctrl E
05-21-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm never quite sure whether i'm installing the right thing when i try and update drivers.

i went to the AMD page, searched under windows 7 64 bit and under my card (also the 6870) and it seems to give me two things i can download and install?

JG5_emil
05-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Anyone get much improvement from updating the Nvidia drivers? I just went from 260 to 270.61 but as I am chatting with the missus on MSN I cant test them :)

Bryan21cag
05-22-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm never quite sure whether i'm installing the right thing when i try and update drivers.

i went to the AMD page, searched under windows 7 64 bit and under my card (also the 6870) and it seems to give me two things i can download and install?

This confused me too at first. I think that the easiest way to update them is to download the Whole CCC Pack. They build the video drivers into this install and it gives you the newest Control Center as well.

The way you check if this is sucessfull or not is you go into Catalyst Control Center ("AMD Vision Engine Control Center" if you have the newest version already) and then you click on the "Information Tab" then the "Software" Tab. There it should show you all of you Graphics related Software versions. The Video one is your Catalyst Version i think. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this. 11.5 should be the newest version unless they came out with another one in the last few days :) Hope this helps.

Cheers

scrope
05-23-2011, 09:53 AM
This confused me too at first. I think that the easiest way to update them is to download the Whole CCC Pack. They build the video drivers into this install and it gives you the newest Control Center as well.

The way you check if this is sucessfull or not is you go into Catalyst Control Center ("AMD Vision Engine Control Center" if you have the newest version already) and then you click on the "Information Tab" then the "Software" Tab. There it should show you all of you Graphics related Software versions. The Video one is your Catalyst Version i think. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this. 11.5 should be the newest version unless they came out with another one in the last few days :) Hope this helps.

Cheers
I came across this FREE Driver automatic updater, just had a new rig 2wk's ago and it found 21 out of date drivers and installed them with minimum interference from me, excellent software, no more fumbling in the dark, more importantly it found drivers i would never have dreamed of.
hope ths helps. SLIMDRIVERS Free from Softronic. Good feedback from Google, just need to register. Over and out

Ctrl E
05-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Cheers

cheers. will give it a whirl.