PDA

View Full Version : Auto starting server & mission

epoch
05-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Hi

Currently, I start our server with a batch file, which gets me as far as the launcher.exe window.

From there I manually enter the command 'f settings.cmd' to load my realism settings, then 'f mission1.cmd' to load my first mission.

Of course, I could stick both of those .cmd files into one file, thus only having to issue one 'f' command.

However, I'd prefer something a little more elegant!

Is there any way to start the server up and have it auto launch the settings, then the mission? Ultimately I'd prefer to manage the server using Firedaemon if possible (running as a service). The first step into doing this is negating the need for manual input to get the thing up and running!

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Ataros
05-21-2011, 06:44 AM
There should be some Windows automation (http://www.google.com/search?q=Windows+Automation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=ru.yandex:ru:official&client=firefox#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox&hs=tS1&rls=ru.yandex:ru%3Aofficial&biw=1092&bih=889&source=hp&q=Windows+Automation+macro&aq=f&aqi=g2g-v3&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=f3fbdc766cce37e1) and scheduling programs that can record macros.
E.g.
1) switch to Launcher window
2) type in some text

If you find any that works for Launcher please let me know. I am not running a dedi server myself but would like to share this info at other forums.

ZaltysZ
05-21-2011, 04:47 PM
It is possible to use so called scripted Telnet. There is multiple tools for this, but here is example of one of them: http://jerrymannel.com/blog/2008/11/11/telnet-scripting-tool-aka-tst10exe/

Basically, it connects to CoD server, executes a command and disconnects, so you can give CoD server a command from Windows Task Scheduler and so on.

Ataros
05-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks a lot. BigRepa figured out how to use it and now we have automatic restarts of Steam, Launcher and missions scheduled from Windows Task Scheduler on Repka servers.

Do not ask me for details as I know nothing except for how to move and click mouse in FMB ))

epoch
05-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Cool

I wonder if BigRepa could post up some guidance for other server admins?

No457_Mako
05-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Are the commands in srcu executed after startup of launcher ? If so then you could place your startups in that file.

edit 1:
It seems that the srcu file is executed before the "server" can actually serve - ie. the missLoad, battle and record commands not available until servermode is started , if "Failed to load Steam ServiceServiceStart: failed to start" then this is the server actually starts :( . IMO srcu should start after the server initialization completed.

edit 2:
After further testing and putting a timeout into end of srcu have been able to autostart .
eg. srcu

@set fast off
@set echo on
@set alias on
@set history 20
@alias a alias
@a h history
@a s show
difficulty 277009647
timeout 60 f server.cmd

Green is the default contents and timeout seems to be in seconds and not as msecs as the help states......
Hope this helps.

Mako