PDA

View Full Version : No way to create new units...

Burut
10-07-2020, 10:11 PM
After countless tries of trying to create new units, doing everything by the rule (quick recap of what I did: create a new session in editor, copy the loc_ses, .ses, data, interface_textures, models, textures. files to the folder, creating a new texture (.dds), cloning the unit I wanted to "repaint", cloned the model .bma file, changed the bowman_diff (bowman is just an example) to whatever name I changed my unit name too meaning I renamed the unit in data files, I renamed it in loc_ses files under units, where all the races all placed, and when I entered the game, the units interface was swapped with the one I wanted (meaning it was successful), the unit had the stats I set for it when I opened it's card (right click over the unit), I bought the unit in the store (I used the editor to place the unit in that store) as I bought it everything was normal, it was part of my army, but when I entered the battle the game crashes, showing me an error message saying something like "archer.bma file is v.86... while this binary supports only v.41. Can't find a way to fix it. Anyone know anything about this?

Space Knight
10-07-2020, 11:25 PM
Did you edit the .bma file using Notepad? It should have been done in hex in a hex editor. That's what happened to me the first time I did this as well, until I got a hex editor instead of notepad for the job.

Burut
10-08-2020, 03:02 PM
After trying with the hex editor, situation is pretty much the same, except now the game crashes by itself, no error message saying that my version is v.8 and the binary supports only v.4. Just a regular crash this time.

Burut
10-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Maybe I am not doing the process correctly, what exactly has to be done to create a new unit, I must be wrong