PDA

View Full Version : Should I start over? I scribed a bunch of spells early in game

crashman
05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering if I should start over because I'm a level 4 paladin and I scribed a bunch of spells early and now I can't scribe the ones I really like. Are all these spells I scribed early in the game a waste? SHould I restart? Is there anyway I can delete these spells, with or without a cheat? Kindov like a spellbook reset cheat?

Thanks

sigma1932
05-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Easy part first: Your spellbook doesn't fill up, so you don't really need to delete any spells.

That said, what's limiting you is probably that you're out of Magic Crystals, which you need to be able to scribe spells into your spellbook, and also to upgrade them if you increase your magic skills (if you open your book, the total crystals you currently have is shown on the left side).

There is a limited number of crystals to be found (locations are determined at the start of a new game), but since you're pretty early on yet, you might still be able to find enough if you just keep playing. On the other hand, you're still at a pretty early point in the game, so it won't take you long to get back up to where you are now.

Note that there is a certain place you'll come across during the main quest where you'll be able to buy Crystals (as well as skill runes) for 100k gold a piece.

Vulture
05-20-2011, 02:26 PM
As a paladin you will never really want or be able to scribe high levels of expensive spells like Armageddon III. Ergo: scribing level 1 spells will NEVER make you run out of crystals in the long run. It's impossible. As a paladin you will most likely have spare crystals and no use for them.

So don't worry, just keep collecting stuff. If you REALLY need to scribe one spell right now then just go and scavenge the lands, dodging enemies until you get the crystals you need before you continue fighting.