PDA

View Full Version : MP -Problem clicking on airfields ?

242Sqn_Prof
05-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know if there is a bug in Multi-Player (with the latest patch) where you select an Army and then try and click on an airfield but nothing happens. I'm reasonably sure I'm doing it correctly because twice out of hundreds of clicks it did work. I have windows 7 and have turned off the Areo graphics. I've read that this was happening before the patch as well. It does appear it's only happening to some people and I'm one of them I guess. Thanks.

Ze-Jamz
05-19-2011, 04:36 PM
Its number #1078 on the bug list mate..ive had this issue from day dot

242Sqn_Prof
05-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to be sure it's a bug and not something I was doing wrong. Is there a bug list posted here somewhere ? If you could post a link I'd really appreciate it. I've searched but there doesn't seem to be a single, official, list of known issues.

Ze-Jamz
05-19-2011, 05:02 PM
Mate peeps have been crying about this for a long time now and it doesnt get addressed..every patch i try i hope they fix it but it just gets overseen or they 'cant' fix it

Damm anoying but what can you do

Ze-Jamz
05-19-2011, 05:03 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=21096

Ataros
05-19-2011, 05:21 PM
The issue is known to the devs and not forgotten. They can not replicate the problem on any PC they have in the office but search for solution. The suspect was a .net framework 4 but it turned out this was wrong.
I wonder if we guys who have this problem have something in common (like an ATI card lol).

In the meanwhile:
Only active airfields can be clicked. To see active fields right-click on the map and deselect(!) airfields.
Move your mouse pointer to 4 or 5 o'clock from an airfield about half inch away till a pop-up shows telling e.g. "Birthplace1" Double-click this point.

242Sqn_Prof
05-19-2011, 05:48 PM
The issue is known to the devs and not forgotten. They can not replicate the problem on any PC they have in the office but search for solution. The suspect was a .net framework 4 but it turned out this was wrong.
I wonder if we guys who have this problem have something in common (like an ATI card lol).

In the meanwhile:
Only active airfields can be clicked. To see active fields right-click on the map and deselect(!) airfields.
Move your mouse pointer to 4 or 5 o'clock from an airfield about half inch away till a pop-up shows telling e.g. "Birthplace1" Double-click this point.

Excellent support, thanks. I can now get a plane, it's tricky but doable. I appreciate the support you guys are giving in whats a very difficult situation. If everyone can stay calm and patient and work together, this will be a great flight Sim one day. By the way I do have an ATI Card, a 4890, maybe that could be it ? I have the latest driver for it. Thanks again ! :)

Ze-Jamz
05-20-2011, 01:26 PM

In the meanwhile:

Cool cool as long as there working on it... i know how to select a plane i always have its just damm annoying on some servers cuz the theory doesnt always work

Ataros
05-20-2011, 02:50 PM
Some servers have just a couple of active fields with birthplaces. And it is almost impossible to find them unless you rightclick and deselect 'airfields'. I often forget to do this :grin:

Ze-Jamz
05-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Some servers have just a couple of active fields with birthplaces. And it is almost impossible to find them unless you rightclick and deselect 'airfields'. I often forget to do this :grin:

makes no difference.. :)

apparition
05-22-2011, 04:56 PM

In the meanwhile:

still not working even after deselecting airfields.
seems strange my friend does not deselect and his game works in multi.

he gets a create option which i never do.
im about ready to give up up this game theres no need for this to be so difficult
ive been playing multi player games of all kinds for 15 years and never seen anything
this screwed up.

i valadated the files also found 3 that were updated/fixed but no luck.

SG1_Lud
05-22-2011, 05:11 PM
seems strange my friend does not deselect and his game works in multi.

he gets a create option which i never do.
im about ready to give up up this game theres no need for this to be so difficult
ive been playing multi player games of all kinds for 15 years and never seen anything
this screwed up.

i valadated the files also found 3 that were updated/fixed but no luck.

I don't know if this is going to help, but you have nothing to lose.

It happens to me that when I select an airfield, the first time click, it becomes selected (a red circle appears if I recall correctly), but no aircraft selection window appears on the right side of the screen. Then i click again over the already selected airfield, and the plane selection window appears.

But this is so obvious that surely you tried already that.

jojovtx
05-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Mine is slightly different and I've only experienced it on the Syndicate server. I can only spawn in a 109 in the farthest SW airfield and not any of the other airfields. Everything pops up like normal but when I press creat nothing happens. Other people on vent were able to spawn in the airfields I was unable too yet there was one on vent with me who had the same problem. Hard to narrow down a solution when there is no constant.

Ataros
05-22-2011, 06:19 PM

Do you see a pop-up saying "Birthplace1" or Spawn1 e.g.?

You have to follow all steps mentioned in my post 1 by 1. In which step do you face a problem exactly?

apparition
05-22-2011, 10:52 PM
First i select client and then choose a server.
then i select a army
next i go to plane and i think this is where im going wrong
it always says blue even tho i selected red army so i change that and the plane
in that panel to reflect red. ive also tried leaving it alone and still i do not get
any birth place or spawn point.Im thinking youtube video for all of us having trouble
would help.seems im missing somthing simple here.

Ataros
05-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Did I mention "go to plane'?

In the meanwhile:

Move your mouse around till pop up shows up.

xpupx
05-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Anyone geting this and /or launcher lockups/ game minimises to task bar are you runing Razor/Logitech G13/15/19 hardware???

In the meanwhile:

Sauf
05-23-2011, 10:22 AM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c93/spritzen/Launcher2011-05-2320-09-48-84.jpg

Iku_es
05-23-2011, 10:22 AM
I have been able to reproduce the problems selecting the aircraft, but only when the ping was above 200.
In those cases, it takes a while to repopulate de combos once an airbase has been selected.
Anyway, for me, it works Ok 99% of the time

Ataros
05-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Anyone geting this and /or launcher lockups/ game minimises to task bar are you runing Razor hardware???

You mean Razer? http://www.razerzone.com/

No.
Logitech mouse mx510 here.

wildwillie
05-23-2011, 02:47 PM
I also have this problem. Clicking directly on the airfield does not work, but clicking in the 4-5oclock position about 3cm out works for me.

I am using a Win 7 Ultimate 64bit OS, Q6600 Processor, Nvidia 580GTX video, 4GB Ram. 30" Moniter with 2560x1600 resolution

Could it be something to do with screen resolution ?

RAF238thWildWillie

Ze-Jamz
05-23-2011, 03:50 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c93/spritzen/Launcher2011-05-2320-09-48-84.jpg

Thks for your help mate its appreciated but i have to Stress..this is a BUG

Im pretty sure by now people know how to select a plane however for some of us it doesnt work as it should

Ataros
05-23-2011, 03:56 PM
I run 16:10 native res. Tried switching to 16:9 res and it did not help.

Could you please try it too to have more reliable statistics.

Ze-Jamz
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I run 16:10 native res. Tried switching to 16:9 res and it did not help.

Could you please try it too to have more reliable statistics.

already have, ive tried different resolutions, uninstalled..everything

tried different drivers..no change and it was also doing this for me when i had a different GFX (ATI5770) in my machine

apparition
05-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I bought the game from just flight soon after it was available from them im in the usa.
i never tried multi player for a coulple or three weeks, real life stuff and just exsploring the game came first.then i read they stopped just flight from selling it in the usa no idea if thats true or not tho.but if it is are they STEAM blocking me from playing multi player now till the usa release? ive tried all mentioned here in this link and others and still no luck so i wonder if this is whats going on somehow.a wild guess i know but.

Kanalkrank
06-04-2011, 08:46 PM
already have, ive tried different resolutions, uninstalled..everything

tried different drivers..no change and it was also doing this for me when i had a different GFX (ATI5770) in my machine

Hi

Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display and mark Smaller-100% default

Salut!

Ataros
06-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi

Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Display and mark Smaller-100% default

Salut!

You are a genius! Developers could not reproduce the issue and now they can do it and hopefully solve it quickly ))

How did you find it out? Just by trial an error?

Kanalkrank
06-05-2011, 04:34 PM
You are a genius! Developers could not reproduce the issue and now they can do it and hopefully solve it quickly ))

How did you find it out? Just by trial an error?

'Necessity is the mother of invention'

It happened by accident. My friend told me he doesn't like large icons on the windows7. I told him that it might change... I also changed my settings and I went to Repka server then Kampfverband and Eureka! it works:)

S!

apparition
06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi

Salut!

thanks alot that seems to have fixed it for me

Ataros
06-07-2011, 07:50 AM
'Necessity is the mother of invention'

It happened by accident. My friend told me he doesn't like large icons on the windows7. I told him that it might change... I also changed my settings and I went to Repka server then Kampfverband and Eureka! it works:)

S!

Great! The devs managed to reproduce the bug and fixed it. Plan to introduce the fix in the next patch. Thank you!

Did you try to solve an online sound disappearing bug by chance? :grin:

Thee_oddball
06-07-2011, 11:36 PM
hmmm this is funny...i had the same problem happen to me the other night after installing UP3...thnx for the fix :)