PDA

View Full Version : Made massive improvements to frame rate

Robin2k7
05-19-2011, 01:17 PM
:???: 1 off the new features in this latest patch ...and lots of other things .

but how can it be that i don't experience anything different ??

lots of patches lots of promises but in heavens name what specs are they using ??

some nuclear power plant I 20 100 GIG Mme system ore what ??

sorry but i loose my patient a little bit .. i still hope that eventually this game is going to work .

guiltyspark
05-19-2011, 01:23 PM

lots of patches lots of promises but in heavens name what specs are they using ??

sorry but i loose my patient a little bit .. i still hope that eventually this game is going to work .

try uninstalling the game and patching it fresh

Ataros
05-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Runs great on my hardware at 1680x1050 low to med settings (some on high).

Probably you are trying to run it on MAX at native res of your samsung27inch?

It is all your choice. Try a small optimization guide (#5) in my sig then.

JG52Krupi
05-19-2011, 01:36 PM
It's your gpu xfire is screwed atm

Robin2k7
05-19-2011, 02:19 PM
off course i can run everything on low ....no thank you .

i am gonna reinstall this hole game and than look how it runs .

Feathered_IV
05-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, great ! Did you personally paint the pictures in your signature, or was it your dog ?

No understand. Is dog can paint in you country??? Is not pait I think. Pls show us screen of your dog. thx in advants.

Robin2k7
05-19-2011, 03:34 PM
on Medium settings over London still 15 fps ....Graphics ...blurry , i give up .

lets wait fore another patch !!

SG1_Lud
05-19-2011, 03:56 PM
No understand. Is dog can paint in you country??? Is not pait I think. Pls show us screen of your dog. thx in advants.

I think he is asking for a dog that can paint and meet his dog?

Ataros
05-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, great ! Did you personally paint the pictures in your signature, or was it your dog ? Anyway, if this are screenshots from your system.....

LOL. Yes, the picture is compressed in a strange way by google services as it was taken at 1680x1050 and shows only at 1 440px × 801px. Probably I should choose another one. Just have no time. And yes, I run low forest and low buildings with mip-map and textures set in drivers for quality instead of high quality.

This is not the point. The point is it is completely your choice: to have 40+ fps smooth with low settings OR to have graphics set on high with stutters OR purchase a gtx580 w/3gb vram OR wait 2 years till next-gen hardware becomes affordable for you OR play another simulator with 2 y.o. engine. You can not have it all at once.

Take responsibility, make your choices. There is no need to cry here seeking attention or pity.

Just look around: people who have adequate hardware do not have any complains
New rig - all is silk smooth... http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22821
GTX 580 1.5 GB vs. 3GB http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22692
First impressions with new rig. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22829

In 2 years you will think that this kind of hardware is too outdated and cheap for you and will ask for more features to be included into CloD to load your brand new graphics card to 50% at least.

This game is built for 2013 and to last for another 5-7 years. And you can run it silk smooth with 2011 gtx580. It sounds like a miracle to me.

Doc_uk
05-19-2011, 04:19 PM

sorry but i loose my patient a little bit .. i still hope that eventually this game is going to work . With that spec theres no reason why he cant be running it maxed out nearly,
I am, i get some stutters close to ground.
But his should be fine

Blackdog_kt
05-19-2011, 05:13 PM
The situation is simple.Even when the sim is fully optimized, only a small percentage of people with beefy rigs will be able to run it maxed out and at a high resolution.

The rest will either have to scale down their resolution or use lower detail. Especially when the temporarily disabled features start coming in the patches (transparent water and so on).

There is a third choice, to be stubborn and run full settings on three year old hardware despite being perfectly expected that it won't run well. It's everyone's own choice, but if i choose to be unrealistic i should at least spare the rest of the community the moaning because it's MY choice to run a combination that gives low FPS.

Half of the complaints are genuine, valid issues. The other half is expecting the impossible.

Those who belong to the first half will test, supply bug reports, create optimizations, post FAQs to helps other and generally help make the situation better for everyone.

Those who belong to the second half should stop crying and let the first half do their thing without cluttering up the boards, because it's the first half that will help improve things for them. At least let them do what they try to do, you might actually get a more enjoyable experience in the end. :-P

Robin2k7
05-19-2011, 07:45 PM
The other half is expecting the impossible ??

come on i play fore half my live flight Sims and never i had never this bad experience .
i mean ROF also had some issues but they fix it .

you can say what you want but the fact remain that i still cant fly with medium settings over city,s .

that might be a little strange with my system .

Robin2k7
05-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Today I installed the actual IL2 CloD patch and 5 minutes later I closed it down. Sorry, but I still can't stand this flickering textures, horrible colours, boring sounds etc.......[/QUOTE]

i can not more than agree with you !!

Ctrl E
05-20-2011, 09:15 AM
definately try uninstalling and running again.

i just did that and it seems to have improved performance. i think it's got something to do with cleaning out the old beta patches and ini.files.

xnomad
05-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Yesterday I fired up 1946 as I had FW190 withdrawal, after 5 minutes I put it away again, it's almost arcade compared to COD. Get a rig like mine, it works for me!

Robin2k7
05-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Yesterday I fired up 1946 as I had FW190 withdrawal, after 5 minutes I put it away again, it's almost arcade compared to COD. Get a rig like mine, it works for me!

come on i have a I7 950 ....and a 5970 2 gig cart and and 8 gig ram on board .

if that is not good enough than 90 % of the CLOD user cant run this game .

by the way i did reinstall the game complete but it still give me stutters over ground .

Derinahon
05-20-2011, 01:14 PM
What resolution are you using with that 27" monitor?

Robin2k7
05-20-2011, 03:16 PM
uhm 1920x1080 ....like my monitor resolution .

is that good ore do i need to turn that down ?

Derinahon
05-20-2011, 03:45 PM
uhm 1920x1080 ....like my monitor resolution .

is that good ore do i need to turn that down ?

No no I was just thinking of the obvious. If it's native res was 2560x1440 it might be worth trying lower. Plenty of people run at 1920 though.

Robin2k7
05-20-2011, 04:15 PM
OK rgr that ....the reason i post this tread in the first place is that i really start worried about the code of this game .

i don't think they can fix these problems unless they really start over again .

and i know i am not a programmer but i think they cant fix it .

its just a feeling but i hope i am wrong !!

Blackdog_kt
05-20-2011, 05:29 PM
I really get baffled to be honest with you all. I have a mid-range PC that's two years old and it runs fine with most settings on medium, building detail on low, aircraft and land shading on high, SSAO off, grass roads and shadows on at my native 1680x1050. And i only have 3GB of RAM.

I'm not saying people with monster rigs shouldn't expect the relevant performance, i just don't know how they don't get it when a lot of people reach acceptable performance with similar or lesser PC specs.

As for my previous post, a lot of the complaints come in the nature of "i can't max it out on my two year old PC" which is just unreasonable to expect. It's these that i was referring to previously.

I don't know, seeing how it runs on my system it does give me a very optimistic attitude that it will be running fine for everyone pretty soon in flight sim terms (within the following 2-6 months i'd say).

I think this is the sim's main problem currently, it's a bit inconsistent so people can't easily draw conclusions.

Robin2k7
05-20-2011, 07:37 PM
yes back dog you might be right but i do think i have a high end system but there is more .

we all saw it before in other treads is that weird CPU thing ....it run on 15% max and fore what some reason it does not make use of the processor fore the full capacity .

Ataros
05-20-2011, 07:54 PM
btw. Check that you do not have vsync ON in both game and drivers. It should be switched on only in one place. This mistake of mine killed performance for me as soon as they introduced fullscreen.

Triple buffering should be forced ON with a 3rd party utility if you use vsync or your fps would jump from 15 to 30 fps and back very often.

Also if you do not defragment after each patch the performance can reduce with every patch as files get more and more fragmented.

Try installing .net Framework 4 update 1 from March or April iirc. This game depends on .net performance. If something is wrong with it you can not help it.

The rest is in my sig (link #5).

I learned all these tricks 2-3 years ago trying to run ArmA on a 2 year old rig. And all of them mattered. It was a great adventure and a lot of fun.

Robin2k7
05-20-2011, 08:25 PM
well i appreciate your help and i give all this a try ...

whatnot
05-20-2011, 08:26 PM
LOL. Yes, the picture is compressed in a strange way by google services as it was taken at 1680x1050 and shows only at 1 440px × 801px. Probably I should choose another one. Just have no time. And yes, I run low forest and low buildings with mip-map and textures set in drivers for quality instead of high quality.

This is not the point. The point is it is completely your choice: to have 40+ fps smooth with low settings OR to have graphics set on high with stutters OR purchase a gtx580 w/3gb vram OR wait 2 years till next-gen hardware becomes affordable for you OR play another simulator with 2 y.o. engine. You can not have it all at once.

Take responsibility, make your choices. There is no need to cry here seeking attention or pity.

Just look around: people who have adequate hardware do not have any complains
New rig - all is silk smooth... http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22821
GTX 580 1.5 GB vs. 3GB http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22692
First impressions with new rig. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22829

In 2 years you will think that this kind of hardware is too outdated and cheap for you and will ask for more features to be included into CloD to load your brand new graphics card to 50% at least.

This game is built for 2013 and to last for another 5-7 years. And you can run it silk smooth with 2011 gtx580. It sounds like a miracle to me.

^This

Change the HW recommendations to:
- Sandybrige ballpark CPU ~200$
- GTX480 or equivalent GPU ~300$
- 4GB RAM or more ~40$
- Modern Mobo ~ 90$

That or even a bit lower spec would probably deal with 99% of stutter & FPS issues excluding some cases of dual GPU setups. I wonder what percentage of simmers HW hits that ballpark on performance. If enough then the focus could turn on more improvements, content and bug hunt.

"On time of the european release we unfortunately underestimated the HW requirements and we're truly sorry for the trouble. You can find the HW recomendation for fluent gameplay above. If this change on prerequisites is a dealbreaker for you, you can get a full refund by filling the refund form (http://linktotheform.com)."

Then deal with a few hundred refunds or whatever and move on to new things. :grin:

xnomad
05-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Anyway, my rig is a little bit better than yours and for me it "works" more or less smooth too, but I'm not willing to wear sunglasses just to play IL2 CloD.....apart from some other "minor deficiencies".

come on i have a I7 950 ....and a 5970 2 gig cart and and 8 gig ram on board .

I really get baffled to be honest with you all.....I'm not saying people with monster rigs shouldn't expect the relevant performance, i just don't know how they don't get it when a lot of people reach acceptable performance with similar or lesser PC specs..

I'm just as baffled as Blackdog as I can't understand why mine runs so well. I never said my rig was the most powerful I said it runs it well, I can only recommend it. I think I'm seeing a pattern with guys that have top end rigs but are suffering, they all seem to have ATi cards.

I play the game with almost everything set on full/high, I have a CRT monitor so my native resolution is 'only' 1280x1024 (IIRC I'm not currently on it)

I'd say the only bad graphical issues I encounter, are the occasional flashing cloud and odd shadow effects on the ground. Once a week I'll have a brief stutter. All these things never will bother me and are so infrequent that they aren't worth noticing. The great graphics FM and DM far outweigh any of this.

Maybe I'm really lucky with buying the right hardware, or maybe I'm not as hard to please as some?

Robin2k7
05-21-2011, 03:49 AM
yes i heard indeed that a G-force cart is doing better jobs than ATI . still i don't want to trow away a 400 euro Video cart only because they might think it perform less in CLOD .

i keep saying it ....sound , graphic (terrain) , stutters over ground really need lots of improvement .
those patches made some changes but not a lot . dont ask me why .

the look in the cockpit is amazing and over water i don't experience any problem .

so fore now to run it smooth i stick to the water :-) (not in it i hope) haha

Robin2k7
05-21-2011, 09:46 AM
its so strange sometime i do 60fps and on the same place suddenly it drops to 20 ...i really wounder what is going on hahaha !!

Ataros
05-21-2011, 12:48 PM
My suspects would be: antivirus, some software autoupdate, hdd access by game, game is flashing vram (too high textures)... ...or you are using vsynk without triple buffering.

upd. Just noticed 5970 is a dual chip video card. This can be the reason for all the trouble if crossfire is not working correctly somehow in fullscreen or in general. And 1gb vram per chip is not enough to run everything maxed out as you easily get your vram filled with high-res textures.

Robin2k7
05-21-2011, 03:24 PM
i see ...ok i have vsync off and triple buffer on , your story about crossfire is not working correctly can be right , if that is the case i need to buy a different cart ore i should wait a little fore some other patches .

because its true some time i run things on fps +-60 and than suddenly it go,s to 20 .

i never have this seen this fluctuation of fps so dramatically in not 1 fly Sim i played before .

so you might be right , i need a cart with 2 gig on 1 processor but you now what ? i didn't won the lottery hahaha .

still enjoy my dogfight,s over the water !! :grin:

Robin2k7
05-21-2011, 04:32 PM
its strange when i restart my PC i have +- 60 fps ....after 5 min it is +-25fps .

how are they call that ?? memleak ??

i have no virus scanner running no auto update etc ....

it seems there was 1 beta patch i cant recall which one and that was the best one so fore fore me .

fore now i give up and go back to Rise of flight and IL-2 1946 . :evil:

Ataros
05-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Try it in pseudo mode. These guys with sli report great improvement. Crossfire can be different though. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23087

It may be a case that if you rename Launcher.exe to some other steam game name, Catalyst would use crossfire profile for that game. Worth a try.

Robin2k7
05-21-2011, 08:46 PM
ok rgr that i give it a try !!

Ataros
05-23-2011, 05:05 AM
60 fps over London with your vid card.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=23180

Never give up )))