PDA

View Full Version : Bf 110 Bk 3,7

Volksfürsorge
08-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Hello,

i don`t know if reported already, but Bk 3,7 is not calibrated for Bf 110 G2 sight.
Thanks.

dimlee
08-12-2017, 04:54 PM
Hello,

i don`t know if reported already, but Bk 3,7 is not calibrated for Bf 110 G2 sight.
Thanks.

I did not use that cannon for ages, but this "bug" was for long time in many, if not in all, versions?

Volksfürsorge
08-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Could be.
Anyway, it should be fixed, shouldn´t it? Thanks again.

Jumoschwanz
11-03-2017, 06:13 PM
I have never had a problem with the 110 sight no matter what the armament. On one popular hard-settings server I used to fly the bk37 110 around and sink dozens of their ships with it, or I did until they deleted it from the plane set along with any other aircraft I did well in.

dimlee
11-03-2017, 07:36 PM
I have never had a problem with the 110 sight no matter what the armament. On one popular hard-settings server I used to fly the bk37 110 around and sink dozens of their ships with it, or I did until they deleted it from the plane set along with any other aircraft I did well in.

Was it 4.13.4?
Good to know that this cannon is useable.

baball
11-03-2017, 07:38 PM
From what I remember reading on an old ubi thread, the bk3.7 was used by bf-110s to destroy vehicles but only on the eastern front, hence why it's aiming a bit downward to prevent the pilot from mowing the lawn. They were also mainly used as an AA weapon against bomber formations on the western front IIRC. I also remember Oleg being quite adamant about keeping the bk3.7 that way because the game only focused on the eastern front at that time.

However it would be welcomed addition to have the straight firing version as a new loadout option after all that time.

KG26_Alpha
11-03-2017, 09:06 PM
iirc

The sight was levelled up, the Tungsten rounds removed and replaced with HE rounds ages ago.

dimlee
11-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Just tried Bk 3.7 in my firing practices...
Definitely not my weapon of choice against bombers. I'll stick with Mk-108 where possible.
As for the ships - I assume they should be in the smallest categories as torpedo boats. Standard freighter is immune to 37 mm shells - unless I do something wrong.

Avimimus
11-14-2017, 03:47 AM
In real life a cannon could light fires and do plenty of damage to the superstructure. There is one account I ready of P-39s strafing a freighter which then ran itself aground in response to the resulting fires. However the damage model in Il-2 isn't quite so complex.

I remember there was a bit of an issue where the barges (like many buildings, and the trains) lacked durability - meanwhile the ships were largely invulnerable (despite the fact that some had AA guns that could be destroyed).

I liked ZloyPetruskO's mod - he had it so that the player could suppress anti-aircraft guns for a short period of time by shooting in their area. It worked for land based AAA as well.

dimlee
11-14-2017, 08:02 AM
In real life a cannon could light fires and do plenty of damage to the superstructure. There is one account I ready of P-39s strafing a freighter which then ran itself aground in response to the resulting fires. However the damage model in Il-2 isn't quite so complex.

I remember there was a bit of an issue where the barges (like many buildings, and the trains) lacked durability - meanwhile the ships were largely invulnerable (despite the fact that some had AA guns that could be destroyed).

I liked ZloyPetruskO's mod - he had it so that the player could suppress anti-aircraft guns for a short period of time by shooting in their area. It worked for land based AAA as well.

Probably I read the same story about that German freighter attacked by group of P-39s in Baltic Sea. The hull of the vessel was damaged - not critical yet the captain ran her aground for safety.
There should be fire and light damage caused by 37 mm shells definitely. As for the sinking, it would depend on vessel size and number of hits. I don't think that one aircraft with 37 mm cannon could sink the vessel with GRT of 1000 t or larger until there is explosion or serious fire (combustible cargo, for example).
Suppressing AAA - was not this effect introduced to stock game in one the last versions? Or I'm mixing it with mods...

RPS69
11-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Suppressing AAA - was not this effect introduced to stock game in one the last versions? Or I'm mixing it with mods...

Nope! You are mixing it. Very nice MOD BTW.

dimlee
11-20-2017, 06:09 PM
Nope! You are mixing it. Very nice MOD BTW.

I see. My imagination plays tricks with me.

KG26_Alpha
11-20-2017, 10:04 PM
Flak suppression works in HSFX and Stock game.

Fire a few rounds near a AAA they (virtually) run away till attack is over then start firing again if the AAA isn't destroyed.

Not All AAA does this though iirc.

RPS69
11-21-2017, 12:03 AM
Flak suppression works in HSFX and Stock game.

Fire a few rounds near a AAA they (virtually) run away till attack is over then start firing again if the AAA isn't destroyed.

Not All AAA does this though iirc.

Didn't know that.

The MOD showed soldiers running away from the AAA, same effect as attacking convoys.

KG26_Alpha
11-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Didn't know that.

The MOD showed soldiers running away from the AAA, same effect as attacking convoys.

Yea some AAA has 3-4 gunners run away from the gun,
some AAA has none but times out until the attack is over.

stugumby
04-15-2018, 06:53 PM
So whats the correct sight picture then, if you use the bottom stadia lines and fire as target passes up through the sight you have a 50-50 hit probability. definitely shoots low, also tried train bashing with it, no effect, lots of hits, seems 37mm HE cant kill the armored trains? Tried it with the stuka G and HS 129 and no problems killing trains. is there a proper dive angle etc, i also tried strafing in line with the train from head on and emptied the clip, still no kill on armored train.

Any tips?

KG26_Alpha
04-16-2018, 02:57 PM
IIRC

The Bf110 G2 is fitted with HE rounds with level barrel.
The Stuka G1 and HS129 have AP rounds.

stugumby
05-16-2018, 06:35 PM
The gun shoots low,completely off the visible reticle pattern. If you use full screen velocity vector it hits exactly at the bottom ring. All weapons will lose velocity and fall of shot is to be expected by the point of traced burn out. This looks from external view to be about 3 degrees down tilt.long range shots will drop far below the usable reticle. Needs to be tweaked.

stugumby
05-17-2018, 04:12 PM
You will spawn with a castle directly in front of you, reticle is half over wall with remainder below wall, blaze away and see your 37mm hitting below the bottom of the reticle. There is a sight for schrage music, so if a pilot had to strafe or shoot other planes with this there has to be some kind of alignment set up??

[MAIN]
MAP Bessarabia/load_Odessa.ini
TIME 12.0
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1000.0
player g0100
army 2
playerNum 0
[SEASON]
Year 1940
Month 6
Day 15
[WEATHER]
WindDirection 0.0
WindSpeed 0.0
Gust 0
Turbulence 0
[MDS]
MDS_Radar_SetRadarToAdvanceMode 0
MDS_Radar_RefreshInterval 0
MDS_Radar_DisableVectoring 0
MDS_Radar_EnableTowerCommunications 1
MDS_Radar_ShipsAsRadar 0
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MaxRange 100
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MinHeight 100
MDS_Radar_ShipRadar_MaxHeight 5000
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MaxRange 25
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MinHeight 0
MDS_Radar_ShipSmallRadar_MaxHeight 2000
MDS_Radar_ScoutsAsRadar 0
MDS_Radar_ScoutRadar_MaxRange 2
MDS_Radar_ScoutRadar_DeltaHeight 1500
MDS_Radar_HideUnpopulatedAirstripsFromMinimap 0
MDS_Radar_ScoutGroundObjects_Alpha 5
MDS_Radar_ScoutCompleteRecon 0
MDS_Misc_DisableAIRadioChatter 0
MDS_Misc_DespawnAIPlanesAfterLanding 1
MDS_Misc_HidePlayersCountOnHomeBase 0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat1_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat2_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
MDS_Misc_BombsCat3_CratersVisibilityMultiplier 1.0
[RespawnTime]
Bigship 1800
Ship 1800
Aeroanchored 1800
Artillery 1800
Searchlight 1800
[Wing]
g0100
[g0100]
Planes 1
Skill 1
Class air.BF_110G2
Fuel 100
weapons r4
[g0100_Way]
TAKEOFF 319089.81 132848.08 0 0 &0
NORMFLY 320122.89 132849.71 500.00 300.00 &0
[NStationary]
[Buildings]
0_bld House$S_CASTLE 1 320050.71 132850.27 540.00
[Bridge]
[House]

Pursuivant
05-17-2018, 11:58 PM
The gun shoots low,completely off the visible reticle pattern.

Could pilots adjust their own gunsights?

If so, would it be possible to add the option of slightly tilting the gunsight up, down, or side to side to the game?

It seems logical that pilots could adjust their gunsights to better aim projectiles with very poor ballistic profiles, like rockets or slow-moving cannon shells or to give themselves a bit of extra "lead" when making a high-angle deflection shot. They could then switch the sight angle back to normal when shooting guns.

If it wasn't possible to alter sight profiles to account for different ballistic trajectories, it seems like the correct tactic is to shoot a short burst of MG fire at your target to estimate range and then correct your angle of attack slightly (or just wait until you get to the proper range) to fire rockets or cannons.

stugumby
05-18-2018, 01:36 AM
Wasnt the goal of the larger 37 and 50mm guns to be able to fire from outside the bombers defensive fire range? same for the wrfr rockets. With the 37mm gun if the shells were time fused they could either hit and detonate or burst at designated distance like flak, but these had no way to fuse while in flight??. just seems odd to have that monster gun and no proper sight picture.

Pursuivant
05-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Wasnt the goal of the larger 37 and 50mm guns to be able to fire from outside the bombers defensive fire range? same for the wrfr rockets. With the 37mm gun if the shells were time fused they could either hit and detonate or burst at designated distance like flak, but these had no way to fuse while in flight??. just seems odd to have that monster gun and no proper sight picture.

You are right about the wrfr rockets.

But, I believe that most of the larger cannons were meant to be ground attack or anti-shipping weapons. The exception was the 37mm gun which occasionally was used as an anti-bomber weapon.

The Ju-88P series, which could carry a 37mm (1 or 2), 50mm, or even 75mm cannon and was built in small numbers could be used in an anti-bomber or anti-shipping role. It was determined that it didn't perform well in either role.

Strangely, the Nazis never developed air-to-ground rockets to the same extent that the Allies did, despite developing excellent rocket-propelled man-portable AT weapons in the form of the Panzerschreck. I guess they were unimpressed by the performance of early war Soviet rockets.

KG26_Alpha
05-18-2018, 07:12 PM
Early February 1945 the following units flew with Panzerschreck;

8./SG 1, 6./SG 2, 4./SG 3, 5./SG 77 (Pz.Schreck) -
(indeed there is also one report that says 6./SG 3 had Pz.Schreck but it does not list 4./SG 3 also, maybe a typo?)

The following units had Panzerblitz;

III./SG 4 (all three Staffeln), 13.(Pz)/SG 151, 1.(Pz)/SG 9 (Pz.Blitz).
It seems that II./SG 151 had mainly Pz.Blitz but also a few Pz.Schreck Fw 190. Early Feb 1945 also 3.(Pz)/SG 9 was transferring to Pz.Blitz (completed mid March).
This was followed in early March 1945 with transferring first 3./SG 1, 9./SG 77 & 6./SG 1 to Pz. Blitz. planned to be followed by 3./SG 77, 3./SG 4, 3./SG 3 & 6./SG 4.

http://falkeeins.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/focke-wulf-190-sg-77-panzerschreck.html

stovak
05-18-2018, 07:14 PM
The Bf 110 G-2 manual says that the Bk 3,7 was zeroed at 800m. It should be hitting at the reticle centre at 340m and 800m, and 42cm high at 600m.

Manuals available here (http://www.germanluftwaffe.com/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/b/Bordwaffen/Bordkanonen/Bordkanone37cm/bordkanone37.html#Dokumente:)

The relevant graph is in 'Bf 110 G-2-R Teil 8 A.pdf', page 30

Using the bottom of the sight ring works ok in game but it would be better having it as they originally used them.

KG26_Alpha
05-19-2018, 05:11 PM
Have you set cannon to 800m in the arming screen ?

stovak
05-19-2018, 07:49 PM
Yes, cannon are set to 800m. I've been testing on ground targets and in the air against C47s and empty B17s to keep it simple. I get consistent hits using the bottom of the sight-ring at ranges from about 700m down to 300m.

Sight-picture at 500m, this was a hit:

https://i.imgur.com/nBrsu3u.jpg