PDA

View Full Version : rollback? just asking

Flyby
03-20-2017, 12:14 PM
Can a patched IL2/1946 be successfully rolled back to an earlier version? Patched to 4.13, but need 4.12.2m for a couple of HL rooms I want to fly in. I know I can install another version, but I'm not inclined to do so just yet. (lack of hdd space at the moment, and I'm not flying 1946 so much as to warrant another install).
thanks!
Flyby out

sniperton
03-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Can a patched IL2/1946 be successfully rolled back to an earlier version? Patched to 4.13, but need 4.12.2m
Flyby out

I read somewhere you can re-patch it with 4.12.1 and then 4.12.2, and you'll be OK. Never tried myself, so no guarantees, though

Flyby
03-20-2017, 12:55 PM
hi sniperton,
Thanks for the reply, and suggestion. Does your suggestion mean that I'd have to roll back from 12.2m to 12.1 then back to 12.2m again? I don't suppose I'd lose anything but a little time to try this out. What I've done is to patch to 12 from 12.2m only to find I can't fly AOE/AOP online. There may be a corruption somewhere by .13 leftoves which cause AOE to see my 12.2m (as shown in my opening splash). And I get an error of incompatible vresions.
Flyby out

Flyby
03-20-2017, 08:49 PM
OK, I got it sorted out. I went through the whole folder-delete/installation/patching process again, and fired the game up. Went to HL, tried to join AOP, and got the same message" using a different version". Oh, I'd loaded the History mod, along with the Carrier, and the texture mods. I then went to the ACES website and saw that only the History mod is being used! So, I tried once again, and with only the History mod enabled, and Viol'a! (Walla! in true American), I'm in AOP! At least I got to practice the process (several times). :) All is well.
Flyby out