PDA

View Full Version : Steam will not play CloD on a complete reinstall.

jamesdietz
10-19-2015, 05:19 PM
My entire IL-2 CloD was eliminated during a PC cleaning to eliminate a virus.I have tried to go through Steam to reinstall this and BoS ( also in my Steam account,) but with no luck.I get a launcher failed message with both sims.Obviously I am distressed & do not know what to do next.I was one of the first buyers of the sim & got the download on line . I had the sim extensively ATAG modded & that too is all gone, so i am wondering what to reload once i do get it up & going?What should I do? ( If this this posted in the wrong category please redirect)

KG26_Alpha
10-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Perhaps somethings missing from your operating system due to the virus.

Depending on what OS you have a restore can be performed either by a file check or restore from the OS disc.

jamesdietz
10-19-2015, 07:02 PM
Got the vanilla version up but I have a MS FFB stick but my system now won't allow me to install from old disk and MS no longer supports it..is there a work around to get it up & going again?

KG26_Alpha
10-19-2015, 07:47 PM
The MS FFB2 software disc hasn't been supported since Win 98se

All you need to do is plug it in and configure it in the HOTAS section of CloDs input section.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24304146&postcount=5

Quick n dirty setup

1. Make sure you joystick is plugged in before you start the game and that it works with some other proven game.
2. Once the game has started select "Options" then "Controls"
3. Click on the "Axes" tab.
4. Click on "Aleron" row.
5. Click the "Change" button.
6. A dialogue box should pop up. Push your joystick handle to the right or left. You should see the words "Joystick + X Axis" appear. Click the "Ok" button. The dialog box will close.
7. Click on the "Elevator" row.
8. A dialogue box will pop up. Push your joystick handle forward. Click the "OK" button.
9. Select the "Rudder" row, etc.
10. Twist the joystick handle (if your joystick supports that, or some other key if not), etc.
11. Scroll down and select the "Throttle" row. Set that to the key you want.

Those are the essential airplane controls surfaces to set. Now you need to set the joystick keys that control your weapons

1. select the "Keys" tab
2. select "Airplane" from the scroll window on the upper right of the screen.
3. Scroll down the main window until you get to the section that controls the firing of weapons.
4. Click on your weapon of choice with
5. Click on the "Change" button
6. When the dialogue box pops up, push your joystick button of choice.

When you are done you can click on the "SAVE" button to backup your command choices. Regardless BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE "APPLY" button when you are all done.

Hope that helps