PDA

View Full Version : Hi Newbie here...have some frame rate issues!

jimjiminy
04-07-2015, 01:18 AM
Hello,

I haven't played a flight sim since F22 Lighting 3 so I'm kinda rusty and need your advice! :)

I built my dad a PC for Xmas, low budget, as he was just doing web and word stuff only. Recently he has got into WW2 British fighters and bombers and me, being quite an avid gamer, bought him IL2 Cliffs of Dover on STEAM for his birthday along with a force feedback joystick.

So the specs of his PC are: AMD A6-5400K APU, 8GB 1866Ghz RAM, 60GB SSD, Asus m board with integrated souncard.

We are having some issues with frame rates and micro stutters...it defaulted to 1920x1080 on very low with AA off....didn't feel or look good, things slightly improved on 1280x1024 on low but could not quite to main menu for some reason...just a weird black bar appred every time I pressed Esc in top left corner so had to get task manager up to quite level...not good, went away when put back to 1080 res?

So I was thinking maybe get him a cheap used graphics card and/or maybe upgrade his 2 core A6 to a quad core a8?

My budget for this is 50 quid used items....so what can you recommend to make his experience much better?

Thanks

Igo kyu
04-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Standard CloD needs a beast of a PC.

There may be an update that will help a bit, but I haven't installed it yet so can't say it's good.

I suggest Ultimate IL*2 it's all of the old version of the game, and it runs pretty well on old hardware.

Continu0
04-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Hey

What Igo Kyu writes is only half true... Before you upgrade anything, please go trough this:
http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058&p=52711

Install those patches, they should improve your performance. Also if you have further quetions, I recommend asking them at the ATAG-Forum. As this game was abandoned by the developers, the ATAG-Forum has become the place of the community... you won`t get that much advice over here...

KG26_Alpha
04-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Hello,

I built my dad a PC for Xmas, low budget, as he was just doing web and word stuff only.
Recently he has got into WW2 British fighters and bombers and me, being quite an avid gamer,
bought him IL2 Cliffs of Dover on STEAM for his birthday along with a force feedback joystick.

Thanks

Standard CloD needs a beast of a PC.

There may be an update that will help a bit, but I haven't installed it yet so can't say it's good.

I suggest Ultimate IL2 it's all of the old version of the game, and it runs pretty well on old hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJZbiIoCFPA

JG52Uther
04-24-2015, 08:28 AM
Thats not a laptop is it? If you install a graphics card that should help quite a bit, I was playing Cliffs on the computer specs listed below before I upgraded.
Installing the Team Fusion patches will help a lot with performance.