PDA

View Full Version : Searchlights

Frequent_Flyer
05-14-2011, 12:15 PM
In COD I cannot get the searchlights to work. In IL-2 if it was the appropriate level of darkness they just went on. Not so for me in COD. In addition the smaller caliber AA ,the Bofer and the 20mm do not semm to work either.Any advise would be appreciated.

Ataros
05-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Please use search function before posting. There are many threads where searchlights have been discussed:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/search.php?searchid=1725119

Gamekeeper
05-14-2011, 01:34 PM
FMB Kbase (http://www.airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=76:object-management&Itemid=128&layout=default)

warbirds
05-14-2011, 02:48 PM
They work great but will someone figure out how to keep the all working when one is shot? If I shoot out one light they all go out.

Frequent_Flyer
05-14-2011, 03:58 PM
They work great but will someone figure out how to keep the all working when one is shot? If I shoot out one light they all go out.

Like a Christmas tree.

Thanks for the refrence material guys.

Frequent_Flyer
05-14-2011, 08:07 PM
FYI- the search function is useless

Blackdog_kt
05-16-2011, 06:05 PM

Are they placed in close proximity?

There's a similar thread on simHQ, people have given each searchlight a separate generator and power-on script and they still all go off as soon as one is attacked.

I'm not sure about what's happening exactly, but a possible explanation came up in that thread. It reminded me of something the developers said at some point, that it's possible to silence air defences by scaring the crews and scattering them into cover.

I mean, it would make sense that if a searchlight crew 10 meters from me was being strafed, i would also run for cover.

There would be two ways to test this:

1) Set a group of three searchlights, each with their own individual generator and power on script radius. Strafe one searchlight and they all turn off.
Then, fly away from them (engage some time compression) and come back. If the remaining two searchlights work again when you come back to their area, then it's safe to assume that their coordinated "black-out" is simulating the AI taking cover from your attack.

2) Set multiple groups of searchlights over a wider area. If only the attacked group turns off the lights, it could be consistent with the above behaviour.

warbirds
05-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Like I said on the HQ forum, I did set up 20 lights over a wide area even beyond the airfield and they still all go off when one is damaged.

Sauf
05-17-2011, 07:47 AM
Q- How many FMB'S does it take to change a light bulb?

sorry :)